Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 228453 times)

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #1485 on: January 01, 2017, 08:04:03 am »

So, has keen implemented any of the technologies from medieval engineer into se yet, like they said they were going to do?

Small blocks on large grids for instance

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 01, 2017, 09:07:34 am »

So, has keen implemented any of the technologies from medieval engineer into se yet, like they said they were going to do?

Small blocks on large grids for instance

Tbh all I want them to do is fix their physics engine so I can actually use rotors and pistons, the fact that they rip your ship apart almost guaranteed ruined it all for me. I hate static ships.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 01, 2017, 11:05:55 pm »

Got the missile and welder cage redesigned to the point where I can launch it without it blowing everything up as it leaves the launcher. 5 test shots were made against a destroyer I found on the workshop. The first two failed to fully detonate due to sensor programming error(pasted blueprints have you as the owner - sensor didn't not detect owner/friendly). The next two nearly blew it in half, and the last might have detonated half a second too early to do any meaningful damage.

Now if Keen could only fix the bug of timers/sensors losing their action targets upon welding from projector. I have to reprogram those manually each shot.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 02, 2017, 01:42:16 am »

Dammit, my landing gear blew up for no reason.

That is to say, it blew up like landing gear usually blow up in this game. Which is, because you built it, which means you have doomed it to explode.

Anyway, I'll just put another one, plus replace the drill that fell off when it apparently bumped into the hole I was drilling, as the ship lost stability due to its missing landing gear (maybe I'll build more than one in case one explodes).

Good news is only the tip of the piston holding the drill exploded and the drill was intact at the bottom of the hole.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 02, 2017, 04:59:02 am »

To buy or not to buy?
Hows the game from multiplayer side and is there fun Cooperative survival?

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 02, 2017, 09:27:46 am »

To buy or not to buy?

If you don't get it for cheap, I wouldn't buy it in it's current state. The game concept is definitely a lot of fun, but there are some extremely annoying bugs as you can probably tell by reading the last few pages of this thread :/

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 03, 2017, 06:43:31 pm »

To buy or not to buy?

It's a good toy, not so much a good game. Toy as in you have a bunch of cool tools to do all sorts of stuff with but it doesn't always work properly and there's no real game behind it all.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 05, 2017, 04:08:41 pm »

Keen just released the "Deluxe" edition, which has "Space Engineers First Release" - Space Engineers from back when it was first released on Steam in 2013. Already the forums are aflame with people complaining that they have to pay twice for the game. Personally, I think this is Keen finally saying to the people that endlessly complain that every new patch BREAKS EVERYTHING FUKYOU KEEN I WANT REFUND! to just STFU already.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1493 on: January 05, 2017, 07:24:58 pm »

Wait why would anyone pay 3 dollars to experience an old version? Most companies just put up an optional 'old version beta' if they want to do that. Like with CK2 I can just grab an older version from the steam beta list.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 05, 2017, 08:46:35 pm »

More importantly, they worked on improving the physics a bit, especially with rotors and pistons.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 06, 2017, 10:55:12 am »

Funny thing its 3 dollars for the whole package of wallpaper music etc etc but ppl only sees the game... oh well. Its also a way to have the first release and the curreng release installed at the same time.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1496 on: January 06, 2017, 10:59:19 am »

Funny thing its 3 dollars for the whole package of wallpaper music etc etc but ppl only sees the game... oh well. Its also a way to have the first release and the curreng release installed at the same time.
According to my steam page, its 3 dollars for the old version of the game "Space Engineers First Release" and 7 dollars for the soundtrack+artwork. They are not included in the 3 dollar first release item.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 06, 2017, 04:10:20 pm »

Seems they've finally managed to fix rotors and pistons with the latest update to the development branch.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 07, 2017, 01:24:09 pm »

To be fair, I think the old version of the game should just be a branch accessible to everybody rather than something they charge extra for.

I am compelled about this claim that pistons and rotors are 'fixed'- just how fixed are they, this time?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1499 on: January 07, 2017, 01:43:52 pm »

To be fair, I think the old version of the game should just be a branch accessible to everybody rather than something they charge extra for.

I am compelled about this claim that pistons and rotors are 'fixed'- just how fixed are they, this time?
Last time they claimed to fix them they got significantly worse, so I am skeptical.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 114