Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Warring Tribes(An adventure with a realistic approach and lucky dice)  (Read 8894 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warring Tribes(An adventure with a realistic approach and lucky dice)
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2013, 04:34:49 pm »

" I guess it depends on how willing he is to talk, if he behaves himself I'll ransom him if not he goes to the kids. Either way I'm feeding his friend to them. They need fresh meat. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2013, 07:53:48 pm »

D'nath shuddered at the thought of the pups tearing into the dead man.
"I wouldn't advise it.  I'm not sure that teaching them that eating people is fine is a good start for them.  The pups are not animals, though they may look like them.  Neither are you for that matter, so please stop acting like one!  There is already enough hatred of their kind, I'm not sure adding to that is going to help anyone."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2013, 08:12:46 pm »

" They need meat and they're to young to remember what they do. 99 people out of every 100 will try to kill them on sight so they need to grow big enough to protect themselves fast. I don't have the money to buy enough meat for that to happen in a short enough space of time so I'm not going to waste a piece of free meat that just tried to kill us all.

Once they're old enough to fight then I'll teach them right and wrong until then unless your going to get me an entire animal to feed to them very soon it's my only option because once we reach our destination then those children are in danger again.

Would you rather have a nightmare or condemn 4 innocent children to death? Because I choose the nightmare.
"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:43:54 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2013, 06:51:33 am »

D'nath though it over for a moment.
"I see your point.  Do whatever you feel necessary with the body."
D'nath then grabbed his share of the loot, walked back to the cart, and asked the merchant:
"As we are currently under your employ, what would you like us to do with the bandit who surrendered?"
Take my share of the loot, and try to find a rifle sling of some sort so that I can carry it more easily.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2013, 07:30:22 am »

For a while Elleanor simply studied the creature trying to work out what it was exactly, she had never seen a bird that big before and it didn't look like it could fly. In the end she pulled out her javelin figuring no matter what it was she would still get paid for it when she brought it back.

Throw the javelin at the bird
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2013, 09:44:11 pm »

Name (Forum Name): Harvey ( Patrick Hunt ) (X:30 Y:20)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Name(forum name): D'nath(draco1234) (X:30 Y:20)

After a long conversation of the ethics of eating people, a decision was made. With the loot distributed, and Harvey finding out that he can not wear humanoid leggings or gloves based on his body shape and claws. He stores them separately. With the young sent to the man. They feast on the man after he is tied up. His screams echo. The merchant and his daughter look on with disgusted faces, fearful. With a sudden crack of the whip as you two watch on, they rush away. The daughter crying with the merchant himself determined to get away. It seems they had not appreciated the idea. With the fresh meat in them. The young have gained some mass. Rather than toddlers, they look like children now, able to walk. With the other dead body, they feast on this one as well. Leaving all four in the stage of young adulthood. While the payment had left in an emergency while you two had decided, this left you stranded out in the woods, with the tunnel in front of you. As far as you both know there is a town beyond the tunnel. With the mine here there may also be left over loot or raw material. Though dangerous.

Harvey could now teach the children skills and have them fight. For now, they were unequipped, they had their claws and teeth. After their meals, they eyed D'nath now. They could feast once more, and their instincts told them to do so. The man before them was their key to fulfillment. They all got on all fours and circled. Almost as if waiting for Harvey to give the order to kill. Animalistic in nature, they wished to feast one last time.

Name(Forum Name): Dewboy (X:30 Y:21)

With some small dealings of agreeing to experiment at the cost of free medical care, the doctor there smiled and agreed. With wounds healed. He unfortunately looked at your arm. "You have a case of Arm-numb. Your nerves are shot, you will find that it is hard to move it. With much practice you might be able to hold things with it, but as it is. It serves little use." He looks you over. "I would suggest perhaps finding a magician or a mechanical tinkerer. They could probably help you and make the arm usable again." Now for the experiment. "This won't hurt... maybe." That was the last thing you remember. Waking up, you look around the room. Not much has changed, the doctor helps you to a sitting position. "A great success." You look over your body. Was it? "You've grown an inch!" You are now amazing an inch taller which gives you absolutely nothing of any benefit whatsoever. But you are an inch taller. Yay.

Name (Forum Name): Elleanor Baskerville(Kansa) (X:30 Y:21)

(4 v 3) You throw the javelin, and it hits it in the body. Running around for a bit as blood comes out, it runs off into the forest. It wasn't too hard to track down. The dead... giant chicken? You grab your javelin out of the corpse and now you wonder how tiring it will be to move this thing around like this.

Loot: Giant Chicken?
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2013, 10:24:28 pm »

Harvey swats at the kids playfully.

" That was the only time you eat a person, your big enough to fight now so we'll hunt for food, behave yourselves.

Don't worry D'nath your not on the menu I'm not going to feed an old friend to the kids. But I suggest we go our separate ways now. Being seen with us would be bad for you.
"

Harvey then draws his bow and turns to study the woods.

Look for animal tracks or the trail left by the bandit.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:28:39 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 02, 2013, 10:49:54 pm »

Ask around for info regarding anyone who could help with my arm (magicians and tinkerers).

((yay, pretty much got free medical treatment and a growth spurt.))

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2013, 04:48:41 am »

-snip-
If she agrees, Maximyth will stay behind and rely on Tiruin. If Soul insists on keeping Tiruin, Maximyth will relent, giving a prayer to any sort of god around to keep her safe, and head back to the village with Soul's money.
((So sorry >_<))
I chose my words quickly before it would get worse. "I doubt she has power over the beast. Look, I have cast my knowledge of protection upon you and I. Let's just run.

"Also don't you dare hand me over to her. I am not looking..less than I currently am! I'm happy with this..!"

Err, yeah. I'm mostly on running-but if in case Max doesn't run...then I relent to the bandit's wishes.

I mentally blame Max for all this.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2013, 05:42:28 am »

((Woah, woah woah, I thought you were eating the DEAD GUY!?))

"What the hell is wrong with you, you goddamn animal!?"  Stay the hell away from me!"

Run away, if possible after the merchant and his daughter.  If they are long gone, back to town.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2013, 06:21:22 am »

Elleanor looked at the body rather proud of herself she should be able to get a good price for this, hopefully it wouldn't take too long to drag the body back.

Bring the body back to the village
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2013, 09:22:00 am »

(no worries. :P)

''She just said she has no power over the beast, but it WILL likely go for us. Even if we managed to get to the village, it'd follow us THERE. And even if it DIDN'T, we'd leave a rogue hydra around these parts. NOTHING in all of those scenarios is acceptable. I'm sorry.'' Maximyth quietly replied to Tiruin. He wasn't happy at all with this, though. Well... unless the bandit agreed to hold Maximyth instead. That'd calm his conscience.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2013, 09:28:00 am »

...There was no time.

"Look, she's only threatening us now. Meaning either she's testing us or that she really doesn't want to do this. If she wanted to rob us, we'd be sitting ducks waiting by a hunter's boot. Meaning: Dead. We aren't dead now. But how she tries to approach said goal is...strange. To say the least. Or she's just crazy."

''I'm sorry.''
"...I forgive you Max. Just..don't forget me, ok?"

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2013, 11:39:22 am »

Name: Maximyth (Maxinum McDreich) (X:31 Y:21)

Tiruin (X:31 Y:21)

With some thought, the monster dissapears back into the summon. A large smile came across the bandit's face. "Good boy, I will gladly take you. But..." She pointed at the ground. "Your Axe please. If we run into problems, I will throw it to you. I'm not evil." If he chose to not accept this, Her posture showed aggression.

If he did however, she would pick it up and keep it for now. "You will be my hostage instead good sir. The one there will go." She pointed at Tiruin. Handing the money over, she told her. "To the north with you. Buy as much food supply as possible, understood?" Handing Tiruin 50 silver and with a northward direction, the bandit looks to Max. "I hope she hurries..." She grinned from ear to ear.

Name (Forum Name): Harvey ( Patrick Hunt ) (X:30 Y:20)

Name(forum name): D'nath(draco1234) (X:30 Y:20)

D'nath went to run after the man and his daughter.

When D'nath turns his back on us shoot him, the kids will all attack at the same time aiming to cripple him as fast as possible.

Use my close proximity and the fact that his back is turned to aim for his back before he can defend himself.

D'nath had been sneak attacked. [6] The arrow pierced straight into the back. Leather not too resistant against piecing, the arrow went deep into your lung. You felt the cough almost immediately. The wolfpack then made its move, its speed quick. (5) One bites your arm harshly, the teeth marks trailing down your arm. (5) With the leg slash, you fall over, your ankle was severely harmed, it would be hard to run anymore now. (6) You whisper a scream through the blood as a slash comes into your chest, your leather armor keeps it from being too bad, however it was certainly deep. (4) With a final bit on your other leg, you barely manage to live, fending off the horde. With your musket, you fire a reaction shot towards the leader. (5 v 5) With the bullet missing to the point the hair on his arm flew up, you reload it once more. You have the chance to attack. But you are severely outnumbered here.

Name(Forum Name): Dewboy (X:30 Y:21)

Asking around, a lot of the village folk didn't know. Neither of those places were here and the village was mostly farmers. Some told you to go to the general shop, and he rustled around the random goods, but he couldn't find any arm mechanics. He apologizes and tells you that you may have to go to another town to get help with it. But the only one he knew of was a rumored one to the north the chief was trying to trade with.

Name (Forum Name): Elleanor Baskerville(Kansa) (X:30 Y:21)
Bringing the giant chicken back was comical as you heaved. Eventually you make it to the general shop in time to see Dewboy leaving. With a wave you go in and tell the clerk of the chicken outside. He goes outside and looks over it curiously. It was certainly dead. He pokes it some time and looks it over a fresh kill. "I'll give you ten silver for it. Most of this will go bad before I can sell it all off..."
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2013, 11:44:49 am »

((Well, damn.  What happened to "I won't feed an old friend to the kids"?))

"You.... you traitor.." D'nath managed to wheeze out the words despite the arrow through his lung, though he doubted Harvey actually heard him.  As he spoke the words, he felt his rage building up inside him.  He'd be damned if he was going to meet his end in the middle of some godforsaken forest, being ripped apart by wolves.  No, he refused to submit, he was going to kill every last one of them or die trying!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:56:18 am by draco1234 »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14