Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 95686 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #285 on: December 18, 2013, 05:11:16 pm »

Dreamerghost is already almost as good with a hammer as he was with an axe anyway.

What shortsword?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game now in progress!
« Reply #286 on: December 18, 2013, 05:39:26 pm »

Dreamerghost is already almost as good with a hammer as he was with an axe anyway.

What shortsword?

That masterwork steel shortsword, made from home smelted steel and forged by our best damned smith that you best be damned happy you get to use. None of the hammers came out nearly as well (all either exceptional or the step below that.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 18, 2013, 05:46:33 pm »

"OH DWARF, THE CABINETS ARE ATTACKING US!"

And yes, cabinets are attacking us. They're secretly not beetle-men.

Oh, the Xelics are just inside the cabinets. They got Armoire confused with Armor.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 18, 2013, 05:51:53 pm »

Ahh, that's what happened. I was a bit confused, thats all. But at this rate, once you get candy or some mod ubermetal, my weapon probably wil get swiched again :p. I'll be grandmaster badass with every weapon.
@Mephansteras pray that they never find armoire of  invoncibility. One dude did, and legends say that he learned secrets of divine parying, and managed to block gravity using only a sword and his left hand.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 18, 2013, 06:22:56 pm »

Ahh, that's what happened. I was a bit confused, thats all. But at this rate, once you get candy or some mod ubermetal, my weapon probably wil get swiched again :p. I'll be grandmaster badass with every weapon.
@Mephansteras pray that they never find armoire of  invoncibility. One dude did, and legends say that he learned secrets of divine parying, and managed to block gravity using only a sword and his left hand.

Chances are you'll have named that thing loooooong before we get what I'm after (I always assign named weapons to the one who named it, making it theirs for all time, or until they get killed.) What I want though, is rather  specific: Elemental metal, specifically both regular and blazing incindium. Given dwarven predilection for fire and magma, I'm sure our troopers will love pointy shit made from it.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 20, 2013, 05:43:17 am »

Good to see my dwarf is still alive... and firebows!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 20, 2013, 05:51:42 am »

That he is.  And what about firebows?

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 20, 2013, 06:18:57 am »

Elemental metal, specifically both regular and blazing incindium. Given dwarven predilection for fire and magma, I'm sure our troopers will love pointy shit made from it.

Here's me thinking we can make bows that can shoot magma/fire.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 20, 2013, 07:04:52 am »

Elemental metal, specifically both regular and blazing incindium. Given dwarven predilection for fire and magma, I'm sure our troopers will love pointy shit made from it.

Here's me thinking we can make bows that can shoot magma/fire.

Well no, but we can make some crossbows from the stuff or if I'm feeling wasteful, ammo.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 20, 2013, 12:34:05 pm »

Incendium bolts would be pretty effective, yes, if a bit wasteful. Better to use Tempestium if you're going to do that, since it's only used for ammo anyway and is more powerful.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 20, 2013, 12:48:20 pm »

Incendium bolts would be pretty effective, yes, if a bit wasteful. Better to use Tempestium if you're going to do that, since it's only used for ammo anyway and is more powerful.

That's what I was thinking myself, but it'll be some time before I can make any of that stuff.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 22, 2013, 03:46:28 pm »

Alright guys, new poll up regarding updates. Just let me know which you'd prefer.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 22, 2013, 03:49:18 pm »

Where?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 22, 2013, 03:53:28 pm »

Don't care too much either way, as long as there's consistensy.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 22, 2013, 04:06:00 pm »

There it is.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41