Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Reclaimers - A Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawling RTD  (Read 7103 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaimers - A Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawling RTD
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2013, 03:33:13 pm »

"Yeah! Yeah! Let's do it again! Um. Oh. It stopped playing."

Follow Anjuum, hiding in his shadow where possible. Switch laser cutter colour to bright yellow and holster them, but keep hands on them ready to quick draw.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2013, 03:55:05 pm »

Scion was lost in thought for a moment. The words Wilson had said got to her a bit, reminded her of her parents, who demanded respect. Drug traffickers they were, and almost the largest in the galaxy. They were the second richest in the entirety of anything really, except for the Diavitae Federation, a technological plutocracy. She was sent to a private school at an early age, where she broke out and commandeered a small ship. That's how she started in the business, anyway. She was slowly building her way up, but she still couldn't face anyone head on like she gave the impression of. She just put on a show, that's all she did. She never really contributed. She was a spoiled brat just like her parents had told her she was every day. Funny how that worked. Now her crewmates were starting to dislike her. Why di-

Suddenly, her thoughts were cut short by the impact of an asteroid beetle's mandibles on her shoulder, to which she stumbles backwards and falls.
The best pirate in the galaxy. Caught down by an asteroid beetle, dammit.

She brought up her knife in an instant but Anjuum had already stabbed his own knife into the creature instead.
They would probably never let her hear the end of this. The badass pirate captain, felled by a small bug. She just hung in the back of the group while the rest of them were dusting themselves off. Alex had his suit torn, which might be a problem later.

"Eh, we might wanna get that patched up sometime later," she said to Alex. Her voice was hoarse.
"..."
"I'm, uh... I'm gonna look up to those engineerin' doors again. Um.. 's up to you guys where yeh go."

She started off before anyone could respond, daring not to look back.
Move to the engineering doors. Check the walls for movement, and attempt to unlock it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:56:45 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2013, 04:26:15 pm »

Is everyone okay? Let's get your injuries taken care of. Do we have suit patches? If so, let's see about patching that arm up. Scion, don't you want to check out these doors along our new hallway? Let's get some thermal images at least. Um ... I suggest that we don't separate yet. This could have gone badly if one of us was alone. Good job on that beetle, guys.

Patch Alex's suit.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2013, 04:40:05 pm »

I wonder if that's worth something?wonder if corpse is valuable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2013, 01:36:08 am »

"Anjuum's speculation was correct-vermin. I shall do some quick tests, having been the only one educated enough to pinpoint the Asteroid Beetle's-scientific name 'Stella Fulminat Bruchus'-exact weakpoint, in the waxy buildup near the rear of the shell-an indication it has possibly recently given birth, or was about to..."

I wonder if that's worth something?wonder if corpse is valuable

"Asteroid Beetle parts can be processed to improve ones defenses-a portion of their diet is in large part what makes them able to survive the rigors of space and the inept blade attacks of reclaimers. But, the process is fairly complicated, involving impacting prepared chitine into specially shaped ceramic plates. The resulting armor is quite stylish and effective, if a little morbid. Few races but Nomads still practice this-most others view them as useless.

You need many beetles, however, to do this. Or just one very large beetle. The brains are also quite delicious. 74% vital amino acids derived in a single serving. And, they are much cleaner than humanoid brains. Asteroid Beetles never stop growing, did you know? Anjuum once saw one as large as 300kt. We drove it into an Imperial transonic minefield with much effort.

Anjuum and his clanfam were eating brains for many months."
The Nomad says-in what amount to him as humor.

His suit tries 'laughter' then, but it comes out as 'skreeskreeskreeskree!' which is more bone chilling than warm.

Action: Dissect the asteroid beetle quickly, and do an analysis on it for any irregularities or useful information-for example, like if this one had maybe recently given birth....
Save the brains! They're good eating!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2013, 07:02:41 am »

"Erm... Okay then, you uh, enjoy your bug bits."
Wilson moves through the maintenance corridor, checking for anything of note that wasn't immediately noticeable from the entrance.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2013, 08:21:09 am »

In that case, I'll [ b]head through the door [/b]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:01:01 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2013, 03:20:48 am »

"Erm... Okay then, you uh, enjoy your bug bits."
Wilson moves through the maintenance corridor, checking for anything of note that wasn't immediately noticeable from the entrance.

"Anjuum will enjoy them very much so, and thanks you for your undue and unneeded concern about his emotional state." The Nomad responds, utterly immune to sarcasm.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

PkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • DJ ACE
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2013, 07:40:40 am »

Put me on the wating list :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thats about it.Sorry that its kinda short but you said you didnt want novel stuff :D.If you want I can go into more detail.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2013, 02:52:32 pm »

Any update? Is this dead or something?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2013, 02:57:38 pm »

Any update? Is this dead or something?

((I hope not. But people have real lives, right? Updates occasionally get delayed.))

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2013, 06:18:48 pm »

((An update is coming! Eventually! Watch this space!))

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2013, 08:42:51 am »

((Looks like the software I was using to make the map has corrupted the map file, so the update may be even further delayed.  :-[))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2013, 12:43:38 pm »

nm
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:57:48 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2013, 08:12:51 am »

That sounds very unfortunate. Will look forward to the update though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7