Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 153512 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Hearthstone TCG - The Reign of Dr. Boom
« Reply #270 on: May 26, 2015, 07:39:42 am »

You know what else is dumb? Facing the same guy twice in a row, and losing both times because Unstable Portal.

In the second game the guy pulled a Tirion AND a Malygos from portals. That means five damage after tirion dies plus 11 damage for a 6 mana mal+4 mana fireball... Blizzard should consider raising Portal to 4 manas :v

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 26, 2015, 08:06:33 am »

I see priests are still bullshit.  Every time I'm about to hit my win streak for rank climbing some dude fucking steals all the cards out of my deck and then mind controls my dudes.
stop putting good cards in your deck

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 26, 2015, 08:26:45 am »

Oh, this thread's back. Good to see.

Blackrock was meh to me. I'm not really that happy about how the dragons actually panned out. :/. I like my midranged paladin more then my dragon paladin. Tis sad

I have discovered face hunter, after a few arena runs I had enough dust to make the deck, so I just went on a whim and did so. It's sorta fun for a "Not pay attention as I play" deck. Although I still like paladin more.

I'm Criptfeind#1207 in NA if anyone wants to add me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 26, 2015, 08:52:02 am »

It's definitely an easy deck for brainless rank climbing.  Mine's not actually finished, I've got a few more cards to go.  Gonna buy Naxx.  It's "free" in the sense that if you're a monster at arena or you spend a year hoarding gold you don't have to pay money but ultimately it's more expedient to buy it, especially since the most bullshit hunter card of all is all the way in construct quarter.

BRD on the other hand I might get for gold when I have extra.  Only Thaurissan really stands out and he's in the very first section.  The rest I don't really care about, Nefarian especially seems pretty underwhelming.  Class cards are restricted for a reason, more likely than not you're gonna get shit that doesn't help your strategy.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 26, 2015, 11:26:37 am »

I see priests are still bullshit.  Every time I'm about to hit my win streak for rank climbing some dude fucking steals all the cards out of my deck and then mind controls my dudes.

Or just have better synergy between your cards.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 26, 2015, 11:49:56 am »

Or just have better synergy between your cards.

That only makes it worse when the priest copies your synergistic cards!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 26, 2015, 12:51:50 pm »

BRD on the other hand I might get for gold when I have extra.  Only Thaurissan really stands out and he's in the very first section.  The rest I don't really care about, Nefarian especially seems pretty underwhelming.  Class cards are restricted for a reason, more likely than not you're gonna get shit that doesn't help your strategy.
Quick Shot's in the first section too. It's pretty ridiculous for Face Hunter - if you have a hand where you don't really need to hang on to anything for synergy's sake (like Kill Command), you can just dump it all and Quick Shot the face for 3 damage and a draw.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 26, 2015, 01:00:32 pm »

I play token druid. It's just really satisfying when you have 4 spiderlings on the board and then double savage roar for 24 damage. Don't have force of nature though.

I also play this thing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You may have many questions, such as why do I have so many shitty 1 drops? Why does the name randomly start with an underscore? Why do I have Baron Rivendare in this deck?

I once tried to remove a Young Dragonhawk. I had just had a winstreak, and in my folly I stopped believing in the heart of the cards. I did not draw the combo for the next 3 games until I put it back.
When I first named the deck, I accidentally pressed a bit to the left of the shift key. And thus it remains to this day. A testament to my keyboard usage skills.
The Baron Rivendare is simple. It is there for the Deathlord synergy.

The rules of this deck are simple:
There is no mulligan. You play the hand the RNG has chosen for you. You must believe, and the path will reveal itself to you, even if things seem bleak at the start.
As an offering to the RNG, when the enemy has an empty board(and sometimes even when it isn't empty) you must ping your own face with the Elven Archers, and heal the enemy with your Voodoo Doctors. Whether this offering is sufficient, will only be decided by the RNG.
On a loss, you have only yourself to blame for not pleasing the RNG. Try sacrificing a few goats next time.
The RNG does not reward the prideful. Never get lost in the glory of a 32/32 deathlord, but remember that you are this position purely because a greater force has chosen it for you.
Have fun and send plenty of friend requests. The deck is silly enough that people actually accept them.

Highlights include numerous occasions where the enemy was left at 1 hp because I healed them earlier or pinged my own face, Dragonhawks buffed with topdecked Power Word: Shield->Power Word: Shield>Inner Fire. A baron rivendare left on the board and buffed from 1 attack to far, far more.

It also has a tendency to make one very superstitious. Do not ever underestimate the consequences of not respecting the rules. Even a single mulligan can end with a hand of 1 drops and no combo in sight. Follow the rules and the Wisps shall dodge your hand and instead fill the thoughtsteals of opposing priests.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 26, 2015, 01:10:02 pm »

Oh man, I don't normally BM, but some situations warrant it.  I just played against a priest with the most absurd deck in history.  Not the one above though.  He spent the first half of the game blowing all of his removal and most of his win conditions to keep his side of the board alive, then used the massive card advantage he got from spamming his northshire clerics to just stall the game out with a steady flow of bizarre and obnoxious minions he used exclusively for neutral to wat trades, stalling the game out interminably.

Meanwhile I'm not getting any  of the cards I need and thanks to a couple suboptimal plays early on I don't really have anything in my hand to move forward in the game.  Since he never faces, I'm slowly, slowly chipping away at his health, maybe one or two damage a turn.  Finally he pops the mind control (I'm assuming his entire strategy was to stall for mind control, considering he really had nothing else in his deck to force a win.  He had all kinds of bullshit though, the 1/4 taunt gnome, the gnome that lowers damage by two, about a billion taunts, who even knows)

So now he's building up a gargantuan mind controlled Misha, finally trying to close the game out, but by that point he's at 3 hp and on my last real chance to make something happen I topdeck my arcane shot.

I BMed the everloving shit out of that dude.  I spammed Greetings until the fuse was halfway burnt, then finished him off.  Game lasted like 20 minutes
Shoes...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 26, 2015, 01:12:12 pm »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:11:09 pm by penguinofhonor »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 26, 2015, 01:13:07 pm »

Sounds like a typical priest to me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 26, 2015, 03:14:20 pm »

It took me a while to get a good Shaman Deck and what I found out the most about them is that their concept SUCKS!

But luckily for me I just made a deck based around the totems.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 26, 2015, 03:21:06 pm »

Please tell me you aren't running totemic might. That is one of the 5 worst cards in the game, and a very close contended for single worst card.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 26, 2015, 03:22:04 pm »

Please tell me you aren't running totemic might. That is one of the 5 worst cards in the game, and a very close contended for single worst card.

Just the card that adds +2 to the cards directly beside it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 26, 2015, 03:43:58 pm »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:11:20 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 109