Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 153575 times)

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #885 on: June 30, 2016, 06:33:24 am »

Is anyone kind enough to offer feedback? I think I'm learning, at least a little.
I don't like Magma Burst here. Swap it for Lightning Storm.
Unbound Elemental is not a good card here.
Your Al'Akir OTK is not realistic. You can not turn a midrange deck into OTK deck just by adding some combo cards. Deck structures are completely different. I'd get rid of Al'Akir if I were you. Thaurissan as well, you simply don't need him.
Psych-o-Tron is not consistent with the purpose of this deck either, ditch it.
Raid Leader is a fairly unconvincing substitute for Thunderbluff Valiant. Not worth space in your deck. I'd recommend putting Direwolf Alpha instead, but I don't even think its worth it either.

Otherwise it's an okay deck. Might need more draw. Craft at least one Lightning Storm. I'd put in a card or two that unlock overloaded crystals. Maybe toss in one bloodlust and see what happens.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 30, 2016, 07:20:56 am »

Al'Akir is fine. It's a solid card on its own, even without being combo'd.

Raid Leader and Psych-o-tron are both pretty horrible, ditch them in favor of Lightning Storms.

If you have them, I would replace the lava burst and unbound elemental with 2x Jewelled Scarab.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 30, 2016, 08:18:19 am »

Ragnaros is a solid card on its own too. Doesn't mean you should put it into midrange shaman.

Now Jeweled Scarabs are actually an interesting touch. Shaman has a lot of very good 3 mana cards. I would try it.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 30, 2016, 09:50:53 am »

Honestly if he has Rag he should put it in. Sylvanas too. They're both really good and the deck lacks any real way to win past curving out well.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 30, 2016, 10:34:02 am »

the deck lacks any real way to win past curving out well.
...which is how midrange decks are supposed to win?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 30, 2016, 11:02:23 am »

Good midrange decks have something at the top of their curve to actually win with once they have asserted control over the game from curving out. Tempo Warrior runs a lot of high end legendaries, most notably Varian Wrynn. Midrange Hunter runs Calls of the Wild. Midrange Pallys would run Tirion, Boom, and Ragnaros back before standard.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 30, 2016, 11:10:42 am »

Basic Shaman is not actually that bad, you have powerful cards like Hex, Fire Elemental and Rockbiter available from the get-go. But the lack of class identity was a problem until WotOG came in and gave Shaman a card that made the Hero Power worth a damn (Thing From Below).

Sort of. Thing From Below is mostly good because of Tuskarr Totemic and Totem Golem. If those cards didn't exist/weren't played, Thing From Below wouldn't be playable (edit: well, maybe it would be. but not in the aggro deck we're talking about). TFB rarely gets much mana discount from the hero power itself. (Which, incidentally, is why you can play Finley and TFB in the same deck; because you have Tuskarr Totemics and Totem Golems and Flametongue Totems).

You can technically cut any card from a non-combo deck but Finley decides a lot of games single-handedly by pulling the Hunter or Warlock hero power. It's effect is comparable to Justicar Trueheart except it costs 1 mana.

Not "a lot of games" and you're certainly not guaranteed to win just because you got Hunter or Warlock hero power. The question isn't "what does it do when I draw it" but "what % of games will this win me as opposed to card X" (like another Flame Juggler, or maybe a Primal Fusion).

And saying it's "comparable to Justicar Trueheart except it costs 1 mana" is like... really? What does that even mean? It's like saying a Boar is comparable to Leeroy except it costs 1 mana. Seems similar, right? Two charge minions, except one's a smaller body that costs 1 mana.

Except again, the difference is that you wouldn't even use them in remotely the same decks. You use Finley in a deck where your hero power is not part of your strategy (like aggro shaman). You use Justicar in a deck where your hero power is integral to your strategy (Control and Fatigue Warriors, obviously). As a result you can cut Finley from aggro. But you probably don't want to cut Justicar from control warrior.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:25:48 am by ZeroGravitas »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #892 on: June 30, 2016, 11:33:43 am »

Well that was fun. I have pretty shit cards but finally earned the 700 gold to unlock the first wing of the explorer adventure. Neat encounters, very cool bosses. Now working on the class challenges.

In another week I should have the 700 to unlock the second wing. Will have to work out if I should fold the new cards into my decks.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 30, 2016, 12:18:11 pm »

Well that was fun. I have pretty shit cards but finally earned the 700 gold to unlock the first wing of the explorer adventure. Neat encounters, very cool bosses. Now working on the class challenges.

In another week I should have the 700 to unlock the second wing. Will have to work out if I should fold the new cards into my decks.

Grats! Yeah, the adventures are quite entertaining and usually have great cards as well.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #894 on: June 30, 2016, 01:51:13 pm »

It takes a while earning the gold to unlock them via daily rewards but the encounters and class challenges have been fun. I guess I can't unlock the Naxxramas adventure any more, either with gold or cash? Seems odd that they'd lock it off like that.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 30, 2016, 02:05:22 pm »

Yeah I didn't really like that decision. You can still craft the cards from them. But the adventures are pretty fun and aren't just about the cards. Removing them from the game kinda sucks for the players who didn't get to experience them.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #896 on: June 30, 2016, 02:15:40 pm »

Nice, nice. I'm about eight games away from unlocking the first one myself.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #897 on: June 30, 2016, 02:36:31 pm »

Nice, nice. I'm about eight games away from unlocking the first one myself.
It took quite a long time to do using only basic cards. I ranked up to 20 in the current season and have been mostly just doing tavern brawl and occasional nonranked standard games to complete my daily quests

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 30, 2016, 04:29:52 pm »

Kripp made my day with this deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/560481-disneyland-warrior
The cheapest good warrior deck in history.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 02, 2016, 06:41:33 pm »

make sure you eventually grab an emperor tharisaun. ether from Blackrock mountain or crafting.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 109