Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 72140 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Day One: Rex Danorum
« Reply #270 on: February 01, 2014, 09:25:46 am »

A note: a few people have sent in flavor actions.  This is awesome!  I've been pretty busy, though, so I'll get to those this afternoon--tried to start yesterday but was preoccupied.

No worries about "submitting correctly" or whatever.  You're all doing great.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 01, 2014, 12:06:20 pm »

Cheetar: Not really, People seem happy to lynch me, especially Caz, and Jim, They keep talking about paranormal, and how I don't want to out. The funny thing is, I've told you more about my story then the both of them have added together. I merely said that I'm not sure if I should tell you this much.

But since this is a game of sucking up to the king, and you don't seem super intent on lynching me, I suppose I'm fine :P. (well, among other stuff, but sucking up to the king to stay alive >.>)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 01, 2014, 01:25:18 pm »

Cheetar: Not really, People seem happy to lynch me, especially Caz, and Jim, They keep talking about paranormal, and how I don't want to out. The funny thing is, I've told you more about my story then the both of them have added together. I merely said that I'm not sure if I should tell you this much.

It's more that you're worried than your actual claim. Why are you worried?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 01, 2014, 03:11:45 pm »

Louisa/Zombie Urist- What is your favourite flower?
The Sunflower of course!~ Did you know the tallest sunflower on record stands at 8.23 meters? o_o" [1]

zombie urist:
I can't spot your answer to this question from Tiruin, or any follow up from her asking more about it.  Oversight?  Answer forthcoming?
Also question, ZU: if you see someone scummy, how will you out them for the King-if said King was seen as inattentive to your words beforehand?
How does that help you find scum? We got roles from hearlds, not the other way around. (Though that would be kinda fun)
FoS is the same as every other game. Shows suspicion.
You focused the most on flavor.
The same way talking and interaction across a range of topics related to the game and gameplay ever finds Scum.
Do you believe that:
1) the person focusing most on flavor is Scum
2) that I as Scum focus greatly on flavor/I as Town do not
3) that you can't think of anything else suspicious about anyone and feel the need to appear suspicious of someone at this time
4) why else are you acting as you about this?
Must have missed that question. I'd keep repeating myself and questioning the suspect until I get noticed.
--
Scum don't like scumhunting. Looking at flavor is often a way to avoid scumhunting, especially in this game where the mod said flavor is only for fun. You are focused on flavor -> you aren't really scumhunting -> you are scum.

Cheetar: Why do you seem worried about third parties? Why are you asking RVS questions so late into the day?

Caz: Why are you so insistent on vampires?
Also Caz: Who are your main suspects at this time?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 01, 2014, 03:24:39 pm »

Also Caz: Who are your main suspects at this time?

Dunno yet. Imp and makeinu have been active, but their questions mostly focus on flavour. Persus and SBC have posted the least so far, plus SBC is worried for some reason when I don't think he should be if he were town. It's hard to tell at this point, I'm glad I don't have the hammer lol.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 01, 2014, 03:25:54 pm »

Ah, discount Persus as he said he'd be inactive for a few days.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 01, 2014, 03:26:59 pm »

I can't spot your answer to this question from Tiruin, or any follow up from her asking more about it.  Oversight?  Answer forthcoming?

Why are you following up Tiruin's questions for her?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 01, 2014, 04:17:52 pm »

Spoiler: Questions (click to show/hide)

Have you just been sitting on your hands this whole time? These are RV questions. Do you have anything more concrete to ask people?

Mark II/Jim- How helpful do you think flavour is going to be in determining the alignment and abilities of each player?

It isn't. It's perfectly possible that Vector and wubadiddlydoofus can assign any ability to any player and through use of flavor make it appropriate to that player's character and backstory.

Also, I shall repeat Vector's own words on the subject: flavor and mechanics are separated. Further, attempting to use flavor to learn about people's roles and abilities is frowned upon by our dear moderator.

What was even the point of this question? I can't think of any useful purpose this served.

They keep talking about paranormal, and how I don't want to out.

There's also that you have done fuckall all game.

You haven't done a single ounce of scumhunting or even bothered trying. You have only answered questions. And hesitated about claiming useless flavor, citing a situation where you were scum as an explanation for your hesitance.

But since this is a game of sucking up to the king, and you don't seem super intent on lynching me, I suppose I'm fine :P. (well, among other stuff, but sucking up to the king to stay alive >.>)

If I were king I would show you how far sucking up got you.

In case it isn't clear: You would be dead.

Clearly you're more interested in saving your ass than contributing usefully to the scumhunt.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 01, 2014, 05:18:21 pm »

Viggo/Makeinu- I have found myself somewhat ill informed as to the situation to the north given the efforts I have had to made within the realm. I daresay a loyal knight such as yourself would make these matters his business to know. What is happening to the north, and how much do we know of those who slew our king apart from their allegiance to Fortinbra?

I have no such knowledge. Save that the Queen's assassin is in the employ of Fortinbras and most likely still disguised among us.

The hedgewitch is a possible candidate for such if the Queen was poisoned, as a skilled herbalist surely would know how to do that with surety. To my knowledge, her means of death remains unknown. The only oddity I can add is that even in death, her iron shoes could not be removed. That may be a clue of sorts, perhaps. SBC's behavior so far does not add any confidence that he was loyal to the Queen.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 01, 2014, 06:12:44 pm »

Caz:
SBC has been the only one so far that is troubled by merely introducing himself. I think he's pretending to not know what to claim because he doesn't want to claim his real role i.e he's traitorous witch scum.

This is your case against me.

This is your 'introduction' :
Vivanius of Austyn is I, servant to the council and our late queen. I will do my duty as I always have.

Mine :

Hey there, I'm still trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be telling you guys, in terms of my background.

I had this same problem in Paranormal >.>.

Anyways, The queen called me up as the (Direct quote) 'So-called hedgewitch'. From what I can tell, I'm kinda hedgewitchy, but not actually a hedgewitch. Also, The queens words within my PM directly affects me or something, I'm not completely certain, but it seems I can just do hedge-witch like stuff without actually being a hedgewitch :\.

So complicated

Oh, Apparently, I don't know I'm supposed to be a hedgewitch too! What lovely turn of events!

You are attacking me for my introduction...
1) Do you see the difference in information?
2) Do you see why I would be cautious, since Vektor just had to make me a hedgewitch? By the way, I'm called to the meeting as the hedgewitch, but that may not be my actual occupation. My actual occupation is not stated. And it also says that I will carry on the Queen's will, and "My desire is to accept the queen's word". This seems like I am only a hedge-witch purely because the Queen asked me to be one, and in doing so, it gave me the power to be one...

Any questions?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 01, 2014, 06:13:46 pm »

Oh please:
Read:

Quote from: Cheeetar on Today at 05:33:43 am
Mark II/Jim- How helpful do you think flavour is going to be in determining the alignment and abilities of each player?

It isn't. It's perfectly possible that Vector and wubadiddlydoofus can assign any ability to any player and through use of flavor make it appropriate to that player's character and backstory.

Also, I shall repeat Vector's own words on the subject: flavor and mechanics are separated. Further, attempting to use flavor to learn about people's roles and abilities is frowned upon by our dear moderator.

What was even the point of this question? I can't think of any useful purpose this served.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 01, 2014, 06:28:42 pm »

It's clear you read my post because you're quoting it, but do you have any answer to the fact that you're bad lazy scum who's not hunting and is only interested in survival?

I mean, you don't have to answer it if you don't want to, but allow it to stand for the record of the court that you neglected to answer the accusations as soon as you were able to.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 01, 2014, 06:45:27 pm »

It seems that both of you are trying to direct attention towards me for flavor, That seems quite weird, considering I the post above about flavor was quoted from you.

Imp: I didn't see your question till now. I'd say that the hedge-witch is my gift. But It may just be my herald.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 01, 2014, 06:49:04 pm »

What part of me saying that you're not scumhunting gives you the idea that I'm talking about flavor?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 01, 2014, 07:43:09 pm »

Cheetar: Why do you seem worried about third parties? Why are you asking RVS questions so late into the day?

Because I'm not sure if I've found any scum, but I am sure that I've found a third party, and I'd like to know if people would like the third party lynched or somebody who I'm not sure of the identity of.

Have you just been sitting on your hands this whole time? These are RV questions. Do you have anything more concrete to ask people?

I was waiting until everybody had at least posted something so I had a little to go on. This took a few days, which is irksome. I understand that flavour and mechanics are separated, but that doesn't mean that looking at flavour is entirely useless. For example, if somebody's flavour is that they really hated the Queen and then they killed her, this would be useful to know.

Also- it'd be just a little bit rude to have a game with flavour this well written and go the entire game without caring about it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32