Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 52918 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5 PBP "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread.
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2014, 08:21:47 pm »

Don't make me invisible. I'm the tank; I want to be attacked.

In fact, if we can get into melee, stick close to me. Iron Guard's Glare and Martial Stance need you close to work.

Everyone except Gregory is within 30 feet, right? Or is he within 30 feet too?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2014, 08:30:47 pm »

Nope, I am approximately 656 feet above the ground right now.

EDIT: Whoops, apparently I did miscalculate after all. I have a Touch AC of 12.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:47:27 pm by Remuthra »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 04, 2014, 09:20:53 pm »

Deflection bonus?
Also, I think Greghir faceplants.

Anyway. How high are the walls where we are? Are there any places where it would be easier to climb up? How many enemies? What do they appear to be wearing? Are there any wasps near us?

Also, my AC should be 25 if I'm just moving, 24 if I'm running. Pups will be 22; Kemik's additional +2 to natural armor is countered by Punishing Stance's AC penalty, and the bonus from Protection Devotion will be canceled out by charging.

Also, I look forward to seeing if he can survive their attacks. Particularly once they flank him(no escape with 5-foot steps then). And if he provokes AoOs, they get to try to trip him.

On other note, I'd like to switch out Greghir's Standstill for Improved Trip if it would be allowed; she hasn't had the chance to use either of those, and I only recently saw the addendum to the rules that Combat Expertise isn't needed for Improved Trip anymore.

More things to say; would the pups be able to level up? Gaining hit die and such? I don't want them to become obsolete as we level up. :( Also, would I be able to get an attachment for my spear to allow me to make trip attempts with it (and the whole "if you would be tripped by your trip attempt, you can drop the weapon to avoid being tripped blah blah blah")? Otherwise I'll just get Standstill and/or Knockdown.

Other question: If Ragefist 'threw' me as part of a move or such while flying, would I be able to make a charge attack with/from it?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 04, 2014, 09:35:29 pm »

I think so. It's either that, or Touch AC doesn't include size penalties. I'm not really familiar with the formula, and I didn't have access to Myth-Weaver's automatic calculation.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2014, 09:56:06 pm »

Anyway. How high are the walls where we are? Are there any places where it would be easier to climb up? How many enemies? What do they appear to be wearing? Are there any wasps near us? Would the pups be able to level up? Gaining hit die and such? Also, would I be able to get an attachment for my spear to allow me to make trip attempts with it (and the whole "if you would be tripped by your trip attempt, you can drop the weapon to avoid being tripped blah blah blah")? Otherwise I'll just get Standstill and/or Knockdown. Other question: If Ragefist 'threw' me as part of a move or such while flying, would I be able to make a charge attack with/from it?
They are about 30 feet, but they look like they go up to about 75 feet. Yes, head back about fifty feet, and go up the normal slope. I need a spot check for that. And that. That too. Yes, as a cohort. Yes. Yes, after a tumble check.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2014, 10:50:33 pm »

Cool. I'll have to look up how Cohorts level up. As for tumble check...that won't be happening...you can't tumble if your speed is reduced, I believe(and I'm in heavy armor). Not considering the -14 or so Armor Check Penalty. I had mostly been thinking of me landing on the enemy spear and/or shield first(combined with Minotaur's Charge, most likely).

Edit: Spot checks. I might know how many of them there are, I have no idea what they're wearing. Which kinda makes sense, actually(the reverse could too; I see one or two of them clearly versus seeing all of them peripherally)). Wasps are Ragefist's business anyway.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:53:36 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2014, 10:57:29 pm »

Two wasps squashed? How does that work when I have only one shot for them both?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2014, 11:01:46 pm »

You got AOO, hit both times, and did a minimum of 12 damage. The wasps have 12 HP.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2014, 11:04:30 pm »

Yeah, but I only get one attack for that purpose. My other attacks were Flurry of Blows and my secondary gore. Once I take one attack of opportunity, I don't have Combat Reflexes, so I don't get any extras.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2014, 11:14:50 pm »

Ah. My bad. I'll fix that.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2014, 11:35:39 pm »

For the song thing, Remuthra, make a listen check.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2014, 11:36:45 pm »

Already made. 1d20+3, with a result of 18.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 05, 2014, 01:32:32 am »

Ok people, the IC thread is a mess right now and we have barely any idea of what the situation looks like. We need to clean this shit up and get organized. Also, if you are posting actions, can you make sure they are in bold or something so we can all see what they are easier?

Immaterial, before you suddenly make attack rolls for people, can you make a statement in bold or something (so it stands out for us) to ask us to roll initiative or something? Also, a list of who is in what order for initiative would be great, so we can make plans and stuff.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 05, 2014, 01:36:52 am »

Ill do that in the morning. Sleep first, then paperwork.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 71