Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 457

Author Topic: Everything: Gaiden v2: WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE  (Read 181196 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Everything: Gaiden v2: WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE
« Reply #6780 on: July 12, 2014, 10:25:27 pm »

"These fellas are gonna regret waking up this morning."

The soldier runs towards the nearest mindflayer, and aims his pistol, letting off four shots. He imagines the bullets going through the shield, and into the flayer's major organs, killing it instantly.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: July 12, 2014, 10:26:11 pm »

The mindflayer gestures with its hand and the bullets fly past.
They adapted.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: July 12, 2014, 10:29:19 pm »

The soldier frowns.

"Aw, no... These blokes have got a bloody arsenal and they don't like using it."

The soldier, after some thought, simply tries to imagine the flayer falling dead from the sky, without anything happening.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: July 12, 2014, 10:30:49 pm »

Nope.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: July 12, 2014, 10:33:38 pm »

The soldier thinks, and realizes something. He starts looking around, looking for someone who is still able to down these...things.

"Bingo...bango bongo..."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: July 14, 2014, 10:12:55 am »

(Coming. :V)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: July 14, 2014, 11:49:00 am »

“Hey mom, have you looked outside?”

The dialogue in question comes from a little girl who appears to be cosplaying as a scientist or something, complete with lab coat and safety goggles. Of course, some of us remember Titan, and she isn't exactly a cosplayer, to say the least.

She's also hidden in the basement of the Octavia household along with her mother, who right now looks utterly terrified.

“Yes! It's not getting any better!”
she snaps, cowering into a corner as the sounds of battle rage above.

“...Mother, you're pretty powerful. You could easily take on-”

“Nopenopenope! Probability can wait out in the hall, I'm not taking that chance!”

To be fair, she's a teacher, not a mercenary. She'd probably just panic.

Even under the cloud of darkness, the city is not helpless. The Time-Space Administration Bureau has a military, after all. 

The storm of mind-flayers and mind rape is met with a hail of glowing energies. Psionic bullshit clashes with magic bullshit all around, and all in all, the patchwork army that is the TSAB Ground Forces does surprisingly well against the enemies of another dimension.

“Hold the line, men!”

“...Sir, isn't it more of a rect-”

“Who cares!?”

Not too far away from TSAB headquarters, a battle is breaking out in the streets. Well...more of a massacre, really. There's a lot of mind flayers and not a lot of people to fight them. The air swarms with enough psychic energy to bring a normal person to their knees.

Of course, the monster hunter Alicia, the grey-skinned immortal who we've seen from so long ago, is not by any means a normal person. She was also extremely grumpy.

The woman had put on her standard boring clothes that morning, tried to have a coffee, and found she had a horrible headache. Naturally, that meant she attempted to head to Club 404, and was on her way there when... this bullshit went down.

“Just my luck,”
she mutters as she looks at the street before her, full of eldritch abominations and crying civilians. She didn't even have her armor on, not that it would have mattered against psychic attack. All she had was a longsword and the ability to not die.

Yeah, in her professional opinion, those invaders are screwed.

“Hey, would anyone like some help here? I'll take my pay later.”

“Y-yes ma'am!”

She didn't know or care who answered her. A grin replaced what had once been a frown, and with a roar of bloodlust, the knight charged in!

Meanwhile, not so far away on a secure rooftop, one place remains totally free of mind-rape. Perhaps it has something to do with the golden crystalline shield that covers the perimeter. Inside, a certain TSAB squad is preparing.

Sergeant Reina “Yuusha-chan” Ryuki glances at her arm as if looking at her watch, but she's looking at her faithful companion, instead. And listening. She seems a bit pleased, if exasperated, and promptly summons the biggest and strangest gun that most people have ever seen used by one person.

“We finally received permission to fire. About damn time!”

”Good, I don't enjoy holding this shield.”

Standing near her, a somewhat frantic Spanish-sounding woman is busying herself. Dressed in a barrier jacket of her own* and accompanied by motivational music, Corporal Venza la Bien seems to have lost most of her usual allure, and that smirk of hers. Instead, her face is one of focus, and she stands in a large golden magic circle, hefting a massive crossbow that takes cartridges instead of arrows... Occasionally, she fires off a blast of yellow-ish energy at an invader who comes too close to her precious shield.

"You're one to talk, I can hold them off all day!”

Meanwhile, the third member of this little band is a rough-and-tumble woman equipped with a pretty flowing duster and more importantly, her fists. Indeed, she's busy holding the stairway down via liberal application of magic-assisted facepunching while the others chat.

They don't chat for much longer, though, as Reina finally begins to set up the outrageous cannon that is the AEC-7 Caliburn.

“Set up configuration: wide-area suppression, homing mode. Target designation: 'mind flayer'.”

“Hai, Ojou.”

Her Device assists her in configuring the artillery as she begins the slow and tedious process of loading what look like dozens of blank firearm cartridges into the chamber. Of course, she does it about as fast as she can. Time is of the essence, as the battle still rages around them.

Finally, though, the 'breech' closes. Reina sighs in relief, lying prone as she sets the weapon on its bipod, aiming it vaguely at the highest concentration of invaders.

“Maximum load reached. Commencing coolant condensation.”

The vents close up, magic circles whirling around them as they suck in and supercool the air into a frozen mixture... A process that takes all too long for Reina's tastes.

“Coolant ready.”

“Begin firing sequence.”

Thousands of tiny runes and glyphs appear along the 'barrel' and its housing, describing the form of the fire it's about to put out, hundreds or thousands of small, green-tinted energy bolts with the ability to turn to track their targets and more than enough initial velocity from the launch mechanism to get them there.

Finally, every little magical geometry falls into place. A helpful light blinks green to indicate that it is now ready to unleash devastation.

...Reina grins, remembering a phrase she hears often around here.

“Zenryokou zenkai! I've always wanted to say that.

"Hai, Ojou."

And with that, the air is alive with a roar of power and energy. Energetic bursts launch themselves from the barrel faster than the eye can track, easily going out of the shield and whirling as they turn to track and assault the many, many opponents that are presented to them. Reina just holds on for dear life while the vents along the barrel open up, sending huge plumes of gas streaming out along the side to keep the weapon from overheating.

Venza watches the sky fill with lights. Her grin suggests she wholeheartedly approves.

As countless emerald lanterns streak thorough the air against the background of that dark cloud, things continue happening on the ground.

A certain SAS operative finds himself joined by a previously hidden woman in a longcoat and a nice hat, one who grips an old-looking but still large and intimidating double-barreled shotgun.

She glances around, sees the relative lack of opponents nearby, and sighs, stepping out of cover and approaching him. “Hey, soldier boy. You think bigger guns will do anythin' to these freaks?” asks the distinctly old-timey detective, toying with a pair of deer slugs in her free hand.

((*Venza art brought to you by SOMEONE YOU GUYS HAVE NEVER HEARD OF. probably.))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: July 14, 2014, 11:54:12 am »

The Mindlfayers fall back as TSAB retaliates heavily--massive casualties are inflicted upon the mindflayers and other eldritch beings as they begin to surround the precious link between their worlds--the red swirling cloud of a vortex.
A crack of red lightning streaks across the sky.
Another one, striking the vortex. The vortex begins to grow in size, surging with red energy as even the clouds begin to swirl around it, giving the entire sky a malicious red hue to it. The portal begins to grow in size even more as a colossal dark tentacle reaches through it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: July 14, 2014, 12:18:52 pm »

The detective is joined by a familiar Frenchman with a feathered hat, a red greatcoat and a drawn sword, glowing purple. He's joined by a hulking man with a shovel, skin black and eyes glowing yellow.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: July 14, 2014, 12:38:17 pm »

"OI! Took you long enough to get here, whoever you buggers are."

"Possibly mum, although I doubt it."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: July 14, 2014, 12:44:46 pm »

Miranda shrugs, loading the slugs in and resting her shotgun on her shoulder.

"Dunno who these are, but I'm Miranda. Private eye. Not important now. Hell's bells, what is that up there?"

She points vaguely at the mega-tentacle.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: July 14, 2014, 12:51:14 pm »

"Bugger. You've got a plan? This doesn't look good."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: July 14, 2014, 01:27:31 pm »

"Runnin' and hidin' sounds like as good a plan as any."

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: July 14, 2014, 02:01:58 pm »

"Runnin' and hidin' sounds like as good a plan as any."
Speaking of running and hiding, that is just exactly what a certain Technomancer girl intends to do. Or at least, what she is presently trying to do.
"Oh god oh god oh god what the heck is going on!?"
It's going okay, considering a citywide invasion is going on.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: July 14, 2014, 04:33:01 pm »

"Running and hiding? Now that's just rubbish. If there's anything I can do to help, I'm going to do it."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 457