Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help ol'Palazzo find the name of a band/album(ambient music)  (Read 389 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Help ol'Palazzo find the name of a band/album(ambient music)
« on: April 26, 2014, 05:34:16 am »

I used to own a bootleg copy of a CD with some ambient music that I got from somebody. I've never learned what was the name of the band or the album. Somebody just scribbled "ambient" on it.
I've been trying to find what it was, but it's damn hard when you only remember the sound and there's hardly any lyrics.

Here's what I remember:

-It was released no later than 2002-ish. I think that's when I got it. Considering the history of the genre, could have been made anytime in the decade before that, but it is not a bad bet it was something of a new-ish release at the time.

-There was at least one track with a sound of waves featured prominently.

-There was a male voice in some of the tracks(at the beginning of the album, I think) declaring some random new-age nonsense.

-There was a female voice at least in one track(near the end). I remember her singing something to the effect of "I am here, you are there" in a breaking, lovelorn voice.

-It was generally quite melancholy in mood.

-It was not terribly high-brow or experimental. Rather cheesy in its earnestness, I could even say.

-It was not too long. Maybe 45-60 minutes total.

-Sounded a bit similar to Tycho. It could be even Tycho, but it's none of the albums I've found on youtube.

I really feel the urge to tickle my nostalgia bone, so if anybody can help it'd be awful nice.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:50:57 am by Il Palazzo »