Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 174128 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #795 on: August 09, 2014, 06:21:44 pm »

"Uhh, aren't we supposed to search the top floors? Why are you shoving me towards the first floor?"
"Do you want me to drop you on the roof so that you can try to solo the top floors from above or do you want me to try and punch through the second floor when the last guy who tried that couldn't even make a dent to it? And before you say 'I could fly the rest of the team to the roof', consider that that would leave the first floor unoccupied and thus allow the people in the floors above to escape or hit the basement team from behind. So, unless you have a better idea..."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 09, 2014, 08:45:10 pm »

"I could just walk through the door. Or through the roof. This fancy webbing I wear lets me do that."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 10, 2014, 02:23:05 am »

"Hey. The most dangerous ones here are your teammates. Even touching me was a bad idea. Bosslady touched that guy and then she went nuts. Now who knows where she is or what she's doing."
Right. Many things go in the mind, and I doubly hate it when one tries to possess the one thing everyone has--free will.

I don't mind contact with you, and given Flint's orders, how's about you and I clear the top floor?

Or I do it alone. Go downstairs.

A mix of thoughts came into Feyri's mind--all consistent and distinct yet too fast for manual description to occur. She mused and understood her ideas. If there was trash like mind controllers coming about--she was more than ready.

Anyway.

Now tell me, what was the architectural design of the floor and walls above us? Metal or wood?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #798 on: August 10, 2014, 03:35:17 am »

"I could just walk through the door. Or through the roof. This fancy webbing I wear lets me do that."
"Unless it can make you invincible, I'd prefer not to risk your life more than necessary unless absolutely necessary.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 10, 2014, 04:47:12 am »

I don't mind contact with you, and given Flint's orders, how's about you and I clear the top floor?
"I'll come." says Yttra, finally taking Feyri's offered hand and standing up.

Now tell me, what was the architectural design of the floor and walls above us? Metal or wood?
"The outside's brick but the inside's mostly wood i think. But there's this weird shield on everything. Look you can see how someone shot the floor there and it burned a hole thru the wood but it didn't go into the diner. Uhh well the diner's a mess now, but you could see it before. It's cos of the shield. It stops guns and explosions and both bosslady and jayne couldn't get past it when they tried to break in from the outside."

"They have these thick metal doors too but someone found the keys so that's how we got in here… i dunno who has them now. But the keys might open that door over there too, maybe, i dunno."

"I dunno if the shield's on the ceiling. The diner isn't shielded. So it could be just… like surrounding all the other floors together. Or it could be in between too. I dunno."

She looks at the ceiling.

Probably burn the whole damn place down if i tried using that other ammo.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 10, 2014, 05:35:05 am »

Feyri showed Yttra her other rifle.

So whoever attacked you is upstairs. Then there's some presumption that in between the wooden floor is something hollow or metallic? If, say, I fire this right above us, and given the conductive properties of this weapon's discharge, do you think it would be disrupted?

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 10, 2014, 08:01:22 am »

Get ready to search floors, I guess.  Try to follow a tough looking person around.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 10, 2014, 11:17:17 am »

"Oh? What's with the sudden change of heart? You were ready to kill me a couple minutes ago."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #803 on: August 10, 2014, 11:27:26 am »

"Oh? What's with the sudden change of heart? You were ready to kill me a couple minutes ago."
"Sedate you through the temporary deactivation of your body. There's a difference. I don't kill unless I have to."

"And I was only doing that because boss told me you were dangerous. Now he's okayed you, for now. And if the boss is okay with you, than I'm okay with you. But don't think I won't shoot if you turn out to be a danger to the team. I'll be watching you."

Flint made the I'm watching you gesture by pointing two fingers at his battlesuit's cameyes and then at Morul, trying to look and sound menacing through the limited body language of Gilgamesh.

Think I could get the AM to make Gilgamesh some sort of face? Or maybe I could install one of those robotic emoti-faces. Hmmm....

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 10, 2014, 11:52:19 am »

D'usse fires her shotgun into the air.

"ARM, WE OUT HERE."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 10, 2014, 02:55:58 pm »

So whoever attacked you is upstairs. Then there's some presumption that in between the wooden floor is something hollow or metallic? If, say, I fire this right above us, and given the conductive properties of this weapon's discharge, do you think it would be disrupted?
"Conductive…" Some of these words are making Yttra's head hurt. "I think the barrier zapped someone so it'd probably stop electricity too, yeah. It's not metal tho, someone fell thru that hole over there into the kitchen."

"If there's no barrier it would probably go thru. Could try firing a laser to test, if you have one. Or we could just find out who had the keys and try going thru the door."

Right into a trap.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 10, 2014, 03:56:41 pm »

Hustle upstairs to the second floor.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 10, 2014, 03:59:10 pm »

"Conductive…" Some of these words are making Yttra's head hurt. "I think the barrier zapped someone so it'd probably stop electricity too, yeah. It's not metal tho, someone fell thru that hole over there into the kitchen."

"If there's no barrier it would probably go thru. Could try firing a laser to test, if you have one. Or we could just find out who had the keys and try going thru the door."

Right into a trap.
Feyri checked her Rotary.

"Yeah, no. You throw in one of my stun grenades (which I believe is my last unless the rest I gave to the others are still intact) and announce our presence, I'll 'emphasize' our entrance."

Get to where Yttra announced; shoot it up as per training dictates. Be wholly aware--if I'm actually shooting an ally, or if our entrance is not met with immediate aggression, hesitate and examine the area.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 10, 2014, 04:30:59 pm »

"I have…" she checks "4 flashbangs. And 2 goo grenades. And 2 smoke grenades."

Ready flashbang. Carefully throw / roll / lob it into wherever Feyri breaches. Try not to *&^% up.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #809 on: August 10, 2014, 04:39:10 pm »

((@Tiruin, yobbo: Both your actions depend on the other acting first. If you don't want to do nothing, you might want to consider changing them.))
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 72