- 3 (27.3%)
Reboot it.
- 8 (72.7%)
Neither.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: October 15, 2014, 03:56:42 pm

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 262

Author Topic: Roll to spend points  (Read 387071 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to spend points
« Reply #1455 on: September 13, 2014, 10:54:24 pm »

Teleport outside of and next to reality. Poke it and see what happens.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: September 13, 2014, 10:54:50 pm »

By extending your influence, you have doomed yourself!

Prove to the horror-killer it is now time to slay Sarrak. 3 points + whatever Sarrak tries to use to counter.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: September 14, 2014, 04:48:26 am »

Prove to the horror-killer it is now time to slay Sarrak. 3 points + whatever Sarrak tries to use to counter.
Really? Then I counter you with the power of debate! I have not increased my influence at all. Just mixed up universe and Dreamspace on a grander scale (no change in influence), disallowed gods to meddle into it (no change), diversified control between myself and maintenance mind (decrease) and deprived hivemind from control (slight increase).
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: September 14, 2014, 08:22:00 am »

Really? Then I counter you with the power of debate! I have not increased my influence at all. Just mixed up universe and Dreamspace on a grander scale (no change in influence), disallowed gods to meddle into it (no change), diversified control between myself and maintenance mind (decrease) and deprived hivemind from control (slight increase).

Since you have control over Dreamspace to some extent, no, making the universe mix with Dreamspace makes you stronger.
Disallowing the gods meddling specifically means that you have more influence then anyone else beyond the maintenance.
Securing the Maintenance  and your positions, while not a flat out increase, means that you don't have any competition within Dreamspace for power, which is a overall boon to you.
And you admit the hivemind's control, once removed, made you stronger.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: September 14, 2014, 09:15:27 am »

Stop Humaan from convincing the horror-killer it is time to kill Sarrak. 4 points.

"Can't we all just get along..."

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: September 14, 2014, 09:36:35 am »

Since you have control over Dreamspace to some extent, no, making the universe mix with Dreamspace makes you stronger.
Disallowing the gods meddling specifically means that you have more influence then anyone else beyond the maintenance.
Securing the Maintenance  and your positions, while not a flat out increase, means that you don't have any competition within Dreamspace for power, which is a overall boon to you.
And you admit the hivemind's control, once removed, made you stronger.
While it is true, you're omitting the fact that at the same time Dreamspace mixes back into universe, nullifuing the power gain altogether.
It is true. But control over Dreamspace does not mean power to any extent. Dreampace is more like a library of dreams both present and past (and future sometimes). While you may say that this is knowledge and knowledge equals power, dreams are quite innacurate to pry actual information from them. With my insanity powers somewhat decreased, contact with Dreamspace no more poses a danger to anyone.
Returning to the actual topic. You say that I increased my influence by omitting power struggle. To begin with, there was none. Both maintenance mind and I had the same control over the whole thing, so we meddled into each others plans and actions. To provide a clear scheme of things, we both lost control over 50% of Dreamspace, delegating it to the other. Not so much of an increase, eh?
The question about hivemind lies in the same spectrum as ones about gods and maintenance mind. Removing interference gives me nor power, nor influence directly. True, it is easier to operate with them removed, but one must not forget about absolutely chaotic nature of Dreamspace itself.

Along the lines of this discussion, I realized that it may be the best moment for me to be defeated - so I won't do anything to interfere. Still, my point in that I gained only a little influence and experienced a slight decrease in power, stands firm.

Oh, didn't expect help. Thanks.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: September 14, 2014, 09:52:18 am »

Tickle the horror-killer.
Take a closer look at this text!

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: September 14, 2014, 03:57:28 pm »

Perfect. A vast universe, mixed into my creation... Perfect example of what can a physically long-gone horror achieve...

Spend one infinite moment of time in the state of severe nostalgia.
[6] You spend a few years remembering the past.
negociate a deal with the star harvester for a percentage of the acorns from that tree it is growing
[3] The star-harvester offers you 20 percent of the yield.
Find glitches
[4] You find a few.
  Send my Trusted Lieutenants to take over the Grocer and Construction Industries! Use Points as necessary.
1 point charged. [1] Your Trusted Lieutenants are captured.
Teleport outside of and next to reality. Poke it and see what happens.
[1] Poking reality completely and retroactively destroys your arm.

Stop Humaan from convincing the horror-killer it is time to kill Sarrak. 4 points.

"Can't we all just get along..."

[1+3-1-4] You cause the horror-killer to categorize all non-player beings as horrors, and no players as horrors.
Tickle the horror-killer.
[1] You maim yourself against the horror-killer's armor.

Quote from: Horror-killer
Start with those clones of a player.
[2+10 vs. 4+3] They are dead now.
Quote from: Fire golem hivemind
Control the time machine.
[6] You gain some control over it, but your mind keeps getting pulled through time. It's distracting.
Quote from: Star-harvester
Get some fertilizer.
[6] You strip the crust off a life-bearing planet.

Spoiler: Point totals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Special abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPC notes (click to show/hide)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: September 14, 2014, 04:01:29 pm »

Use all my points to call forth the ultimate being
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: September 14, 2014, 04:02:40 pm »

Follow the horror-killer. Upgrade it to be even stronger, and dub it "Horror-Destroyer"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
« Reply #1465 on: September 14, 2014, 04:12:18 pm »

Change the Horror-killer Horror-targeting system to pre last turn state.
1 for luck

Nunzillor

« Reply #1466 on: September 14, 2014, 04:20:48 pm »

Change Horror-Killer's operating system to Dwarf Fortress.  2 points.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: September 14, 2014, 04:29:18 pm »

Look for Dreamspace. Is it within reality or somewhere else?

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: September 14, 2014, 05:35:59 pm »

AGREE
SEE IF I CAN CREATE A PLANE WHICH HAS A BEING THAT WILL DEFINATELY KILL THE HORROR-KILLER, 6 POINTS

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: September 14, 2014, 05:49:28 pm »

Bleed evil blood all over the horror-killer!
Take a closer look at this text!
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 262