Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 187529 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 4 - BBQ!
« Reply #870 on: July 07, 2014, 06:39:09 pm »

Do you really think Persus13 simply guessed your role type? That's pretty risky.
Not 'simply', no. I have good grounds for thinking he could easily have worked it out. I'll explain if/when I claim.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: July 07, 2014, 06:59:41 pm »

PFW
Hapah
NQT: Regular townspeople have been in past games, I found at least one when looking. I can ask for more flavor if you want but my PM is about as bare as you could get. And I really doubt we're at MYLO.
Yes, apologies, you are absolutely correct. Please could you paraphrase what little flavour you got.
Simple townsperson, not sure why I was brought here, use my wits and my vote to help town weather this evil.

There are nine of us, right? No kill n1, so one-shot convert (ala S6) is possible, right? That means the scum team could be as many as four people big by now, assuming they could have started off with 3 to begin with. Sound reasonable? As such, if we mislynch tonight and scum kill another townie, we'll be at 3 town to 4 scum and it'll be game over. So please explain to me your doubts that it could be MYLO.
Technically we'd be at LYLO if there are 4 scum, but there's not much of a difference.

I just feel that a 3+1 scumteam would be too much. That'd potentially turn a 8/3/2 start into a 5/4/2 spread at the start of D2 without anything crazy happening (mislynch, town convert, SK kills town). You could get it to 4/5/2 if the Priest was the convert and tried to res the mislynch (assuming that priest trumps neccy, and that scum priests res people as scum), and that's scum outnumbering town at the dawn of D2. It's too much, and I can't believe that we're that far behind after lynching 2 SK's and (I assume) that scum and IG doubled up kills on Jack. I could maybe see a 3 or a 2+1 at the most, and I don't know that a 2 or 1+1 (mentor style) scumteam would be out of the question. If I got any of the math wrong let me know.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: July 07, 2014, 08:52:48 pm »

Gahh, I'm not sure whether to claim. I'll probably be night killed either way.
Why? Also claim.

Also also I'm guessing that the twist this game is that the dark magus can't be traced to the kill since he uses magic. I will not be surprised if he's immune to redirects, watches, and tracks.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 07, 2014, 10:51:34 pm »

oppose extension, at least for now.  We've got more than 24 hours to go and most people seem to be of similar mindset right now.
And what mindset would that be? There's still much to discuss, why do you want to cut it short?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: July 08, 2014, 11:46:47 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Persus13: Hapah, zombie urist
Hapah: 4maskwolf, flabort, notquitethere, Toaster, ToonyMan

Day has been Extended to ~4pm Pacific Wednesday.

Since there has been no sign of Ottofar, I'm going to replace him.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 08, 2014, 04:47:09 pm »

Still have a nagging feeling it could be 4mask NQT and someone else. Will be sad if this is actually true.

Flabort: now that the claims are out do you think that claiming earlier would have been a good idea? Are you still trying the apply the same strategy you were originally planning?

Persus: what possible results can you get?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 08, 2014, 04:49:02 pm »

Flabort: now that the claims are out do you think that claiming earlier would have been a good idea? Are you still trying the apply the same strategy you were originally planning?

1) Yes
2) No

Playing Bingo Battle Pikmin 3 at the moment, can't type a longer answer right now
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 08, 2014, 06:43:58 pm »

Why would claiming be a good idea if the strategy you were going to be using isn't?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 08, 2014, 07:41:25 pm »

You said the strategy I was originally planning. Mass claiming was my third strategy.

My original strategy was to flush scum out with really aggressive RVS votes. I didn't really follow through with that because it was a bad idea.

Claiming when I was asking to on day 2 would have also been wrong. However, claiming earlier than everyone did, say on day 3 instead of day 4, would have been good, because we could have confirmed each other during the night, and confirmed that we were what we claimed rather than doubting each other when we all claimed day 4. Yes, it might have changed the scum's target last night, but we'd know who was lying by now, rather than not knowing which of us are fake claiming and which are telling the truth.

Such as Persus's claim of Fortune teller. If he'd claimed on day 3, he'd been targeted by 4mask, and 4mask would have been targeted by NQT, whatever she's claimed (I don't recall if she's full claimed), etc. That way we'd know who was fake-claiming lying scum rather than trying to second guess each other's claims right now.

So yes, claiming earlier would have been a good idea. No, claiming when I wanted us to would have been a bad idea. No, my original idea was a bad idea.
The Cyan Menace

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 08, 2014, 09:08:35 pm »

Forum issues seem to have cleared up.

4mask
oppose extension, at least for now.  We've got more than 24 hours to go and most people seem to be of similar mindset right now.
And what mindset would that be? There's still much to discuss, why do you want to cut it short?
I'm waiting.

Toaster, Toony, flabort, NQT:
No other questions? You good with a me-lynch?

Persus: Claim your flavor, please.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 08, 2014, 09:22:06 pm »

As a powerless townsperson, without even signifigant flavor text, your claim seems pretty unlikely from what I know.

It seems more likely that you would be the Dark Magus, or their assistant. I wouldn't even be surprised if you started as their assistant, and your power is just that they can't die until you do, because you could honestly claim that you can't do anything.

As far as other questions, I'll let you know if I think of any.
The Cyan Menace

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 08, 2014, 09:31:10 pm »

If I had more I'd claim it, but I don't. I'd love to stand up and pull some flavor out of my...well, you know. But I don't have it.

I'll answer whatever I can, we've got a day. I've made what little of a case I can, and I don't think the game ends tonight.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 08, 2014, 11:00:18 pm »

Nerjin is unable to replace in at this time. Anyone else want to take over for Ottofar?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 4 - 1 Replacement Needed
« Reply #883 on: July 09, 2014, 05:05:33 am »

I'll do it if no one else is available.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile