Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 481430 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #4650 on: August 10, 2014, 12:41:48 pm »

Walpurga - [36] [22]
Kyle - [53] [6]

Walpurga slams Kyle into the statue (-4 mana), dealing 10 damage - Kyle's armor tanked most of the impact.

Kyle conjures an air shield, whatever that does (-4 mana)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: August 10, 2014, 12:45:24 pm »

((It's in his profile. On the first page.))
Kyle flies at Walpurga quickly before cutting his jets at the last moment and slidding below her with one of his tentacles extended to hit her.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: August 10, 2014, 12:56:27 pm »

((show rolls plz, for maximum turn analysation purposes. Also, did smurf ever decide on the -10 damage from all sources thing? I mean, that was GWGs gurps construct. For all intents and purposes, -10 damage from all sources is equal to the armor giving a +10 on def and res rolls - that is beyond huge))

"I have given you the chance to aid me willingly. But you have elected the way of pain!"

Walpurga, being given some time to react by the space she created between herself and Kyle, decides to end Kyles flight at her prematurely, slamming him into the pavement. ((medium magical attack, for damage and context)) This may or may not break Kyles momentum, so his attack does not reach her, or drag him across the pavement, dealing a bit of additional damage as Kyles large speed would synergize with it (turning just a slam downwards into a slam+drag))

((oh and kyle started with 63, not 53 health))
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:59:02 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: August 10, 2014, 01:00:49 pm »

((I'll finish this when I get on my comp. Doing this on my tablet is hard as fuck))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: August 10, 2014, 01:01:31 pm »

((tagteam GM time! Whomever feels like it and is not KJ or me, jump on in!))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: August 10, 2014, 01:02:09 pm »

((Of course that depends on who goes first. If Walpurga goes first then the attack goes through, otherwise you're using cheap tactics I'm avoiding since Kyle can also use them.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: August 10, 2014, 01:07:17 pm »

((I very much specified that her first attack was meant to both deal damage *and* throw Kyle back to create a distance between them. Positioning during a fight is just as important as firepower - and also releases the battle to the grid of both opponents fighting in a perfectly circular vacuum with no obstacles, where every distance is 0. Also yeah, Walpurga has higher base speed, so she does indeed have higher initative than Kyle))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: August 10, 2014, 01:09:05 pm »

((-10 damage is way too much in my opinion. But I won't get out DM Rule 0 since this is a test fight.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: August 10, 2014, 01:11:21 pm »

((I agree that the damage reduction of ten is a bit much, ecspeacially on top of Kyle's upgrades that further reduce damage. Five at max is what I'm thinking.))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: August 10, 2014, 01:12:30 pm »

((That still effectively increases both his DEF and RES by 5. The only thing that can really hurt him normally is mental damage.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: August 10, 2014, 01:12:43 pm »

((I guess it also tests Kyles armor then. It may not seem terribly powerful, as magic deals loads of damage, but against physical damage, its straight up negation.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: August 10, 2014, 01:15:20 pm »

wrong thread, damnit

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: August 10, 2014, 02:54:44 pm »

Physical damage needs to be buffed. This has been said previously.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: August 10, 2014, 03:09:14 pm »

Yes, it does. The question is how? I mean, slapping on a direct attack multiplier seems a bit cheesy to me.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: August 10, 2014, 03:13:54 pm »

Perhaps having additional attack effects such as suppression, staggered, bleeding, concussed or impaled that could potentially enhance the effectiveness or power of following physical attacks?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 685