Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499743 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Snorting Magic Swords
« Reply #2205 on: July 11, 2014, 11:00:36 am »

anybody inputting a dalia action?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 11, 2014, 11:42:38 am »

Brewmasters. Brewmasters everywhere.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 11, 2014, 12:12:55 pm »

yeah, this tournament he is seen even more often than the doom. boooring.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: July 11, 2014, 12:22:14 pm »

I see the point with the Rune of Phasing, moving it up to Inlay rank.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 11, 2014, 12:29:35 pm »

Also, in regards to Brannagh summoning Machkobeln to attack the offender, Its a 1d20 on which a 5 or lower means the attack happens.

However, The physical attack is a set number of damage determined by the acting GM and the Magic debuff is a random debuff of varying strength determined once more by the acting GM.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:51 pm »

dummdeedumm, waiting for them actiiiooons

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: July 11, 2014, 02:33:30 pm »

btw, question regarding the fatigue katana, how long does the debuff last? I mean, surely not for the entire combat - that would snowball so hard, it would defeat anything in 2-3 hits

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: July 11, 2014, 02:35:52 pm »

in fact god damn baby jesus, even if the debuff only lasts for a single round, as is literaly lowers the stat that is used to determine the debuff, that sword will, between equal combatants, always decide the battle in 3-4 hits.

did anyone actually check things through with this first?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: July 11, 2014, 02:38:09 pm »

Checked and approved.
It should only last until after the next round.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: July 11, 2014, 02:46:49 pm »

that was checked? You do realise the insane snowball potential that comes from just a single good hit? if hit thrice in a row, any equal opponent will on average be left on 2-3 speed, likely to be reduced to 0 on the next. It basicaly means any attack Ashley makes with the sword causes a debuff that would cost Dalia at first 4, then 6, then 8 mana, and eventually becomes entirely impossible for her - for free. No mana needed. Add on top of that the whole "teleporting behind someones back should give the enemy a dodge penalty" - which also costs no mana btw, and Ashley solos anything that doesn't kill her in 3 hits.

the sword alone is basicaly a much more powerful Dalia.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: July 11, 2014, 02:49:16 pm »

The problem is that it's completely nonlethal and thus would not do any damage to decide it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: July 11, 2014, 02:53:20 pm »

the sword alone is basically a much more powerful Dalia.

Because I wasn't feeling bad about how weak she was already... Her ability could use a buff honestly.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: July 11, 2014, 02:56:56 pm »

It's sole purpose for the blade is to incapacitate foes quickly and fluently. The only way that can snowball, is if Ashley's difference happens to be higher than last time. The only damage is does is if she hits things hard enough with it. And it doesn't even give a damage buff. It actually halves the calculation to damage, with the least being 1.

And you're comparing it to someone who came in after this thing was created.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: July 11, 2014, 03:01:39 pm »

yeah, on a 1v1, and when was the last time that actually happened in this game?
also: Can only cause damage if the Strength vs Defense roll is won, where damage is calculated with half the normal damage.

not non-lethal, just very low damage. what bothers me more is that it is basicaly a Dalia for free. Dalia has to spend tons and tons of mana for any comparable effect. I find it unfair that Ashley can just do that continously, better and more reliable than Dalia, when it's not even her actual main ability.

anyway.

I don't care for retconning the entire battle for the fatigue katana, so for now assume that all damage ashley did so far was a result of the damage rolls on Ashley that just were much higher than they actually were (not that she dealt much damage anyway), and that the debuffs on amazeroth were reset when he threw her in the nightmare. Sorry for not taking the fatigue katana into acocunt so far, but usualy I would assume that when people use special artifacts, they make that appearant. "with her katana" can easily be misunderstood

also
It's sole purpose for the blade is to incapacitate foes quickly and fluently. The only way that can snowball, is if Ashley's difference happens to be higher than last time. The only damage is does is if she hits things hard enough with it. And it doesn't even give a damage buff. It actually halves the calculation to damage, with the least being 1.

the difference is basicaly guaranteed to be higher than last time, as every hit *lower the next dodge roll*
I basicaly do not understand why it even uses speed to resist the fatigue? I mean, we have a resistance stat to resist magic effects. And since Resistance is not lowered by the fatigue, it won't guarantee a snowball
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:03:14 pm by Akroma »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: July 11, 2014, 03:07:51 pm »

Whose entire thing is cursing and debuffing folks. And coming in after the katana was created is meaningless since we changed to the new system to make things more balanced for all the characters.

Mind you part of the problem is that Dalia is pretty damn weak. I'd have to have the stats of the enemies to actually find out how helpful she's being, but I get the feeling that she's spending 6 mana a turn for a 10~% additional chance to hit/dodge. Not much in other words.

Then again, against targets with low stats she'd be incredibly powerful due to how this system works. Maybe I should change her powers to a percentage based debuff? It'd scale automatically with enemy stats and so would make her powers more consistent regardless of who she's facing.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 685