Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499819 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Snorting Magic Swords
« Reply #2415 on: July 12, 2014, 10:33:46 pm »

Actual anti-void is actually void magic itself. Nullifying itself and all that.
Pure creation? Pure means it is completely clean of anything else. Does that mean anything that isn't pure creation has some void in it?

Well, how does the whole "respawning" thing work anyway? How do Creation and Void particles interact that makes them destroy each other? How does void manage to not be instantly cleaved into trillions of tiny pieces when they enter creation, like when creation enters the void?
somethingsomethingquantumphysicssomething

As well, isn't immortality "OP"? Void entities in general seem fairly made up of shenanigans.
You have no idea how much I've argued against half their crap in the past. By the way, apparently, you can never kill a void entity in the void for some absurd reason.
Unless you're their master, apparently.

Yep. Nigh-complete immortality/invulnerability isn't OP, apparently, but the ability to keep you out of a plane of existence after a long and arduous process is. Sounds legit. [/sarcasm]

As to your logic about void entities dying and the void being fucked; no, that's bullshit logic, that is so much bullshit logic. The solution isn't 'the few of them there are are impossible to kill' it's 'when one dies, it gets shoved in the fucking soul mill like the rest of them'. Just have it recycle shit, jeezus.

None of my characters are immortal. Mabarius could be considered immortal in some sense, but gods can be killed. It's just balls-breakingly hard(and Mabarius can't do shit on his own anyway, really). Being invincible/immortal seems way more OP than just about anything else, since it means you simply cannot lose. Not in the long run, at any rate. While those who can die, well...can die.
How do you recycle it if the energy completely diffuses to the void? They have to get more souls, which they need entities for.

All immortal people can be killed, really. Bartimaeus can be killed if he was suppressed under a massive anti-void field, or if Alucard died.
And if not killed then sealed.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: July 12, 2014, 10:36:47 pm »

Previous void lore confuses me as all hell.
For all my gripes with the current discoordinated void lore, I still prefer it to what came before.

Pure creation? Pure means it is completely clean of anything else. Does that mean anything that isn't pure creation has some void in it?
Well, how does the whole "respawning" thing work anyway? How do Creation and Void particles interact that makes them destroy each other? How does void manage to not be instantly cleaved into trillions of tiny pieces when they enter creation, like when creation enters the void?
Nope. If we went to particle physics then void entities would be made out of antimatter. Seeing as Earth is not one massive crater from a whole load of antimatter entering...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: July 12, 2014, 10:38:24 pm »

Ah, the classic 'because I want it to' handwave. Wonderful.

If they're killed in Creation, the energy doesn't diffuse to the Void. If they're in the Void, it's a pretty simple matter of saying it doesn't completely diffuse; the Soul Mill already acts like a black hole in that it annihilates things that shouldn't be able to be annihilated by literally anything else, and shoots Gamma Rays releases raw energy as a result, that is then reformed into things. It seems like you're making up conditions as you go so you can satisfy your ludicrous logic train. Which might be unfair, but from my perspective, that's what looks to be happening.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: July 12, 2014, 10:39:47 pm »

Previous void lore made sense to me...
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: July 12, 2014, 10:41:58 pm »

Ah, the classic 'because I want it to' handwave. Wonderful.

If they're killed in Creation, the energy doesn't diffuse to the Void. If they're in the Void, it's a pretty simple matter of saying it doesn't completely diffuse; the Soul Mill already acts like a black hole in that it annihilates things that shouldn't be able to be annihilated by literally anything else, and shoots Gamma Rays releases raw energy as a result, that is then reformed into things. It seems like you're making up conditions as you go so you can satisfy your ludicrous logic train. Which might be unfair, but from my perspective, that's what looks to be happening.
It's not my lore, so please don't accuse me of handwaving and making up conditions.

Previous void lore confuses me as all hell.
For all my gripes with the current discoordinated void lore, I still prefer it to what came before.

Nope. If we went to particle physics then void entities would be made out of antimatter. Seeing as Earth is not one massive crater from a whole load of antimatter entering...
How did void entities even enter creation before the void gate? They could just pop into existence without being summoned?

*Shrug*
It just confuses me with all the stuff about the Collective Concious and all of that, etc etc.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: July 12, 2014, 10:42:27 pm »

Care to explain the stuff on manifestation being dependent on collective unconsciousness and the non-collapsing superpositions then? :P

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: July 12, 2014, 10:44:16 pm »

Eh, I'm not good at explaining things.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: July 12, 2014, 10:45:15 pm »

Care to explain the stuff on manifestation being dependent on collective unconsciousness and the non-collapsing superpositions then? :P
Or how the anti-thesis of creation can enter creation on free-will before Nodoka was born, somehow making a gate which stopped just that.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: July 12, 2014, 10:45:49 pm »

Do try please, a poor explanation is better than none, not to mention that your previous explanations didn't seem hard to understand ^__^

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: July 12, 2014, 10:46:45 pm »

My apologies then, PrivateNomad.

Whoever did make the lore has a poor logic train that leads to an unnecessary conclusion.

Even now, it seems like the lore's pretty ridiculous already.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: July 12, 2014, 10:47:24 pm »

jesus christ, this is the most I argued in years.

Do I get a sticker?

My apologies then, PrivateNomad.

Whoever did make the lore has a poor logic train that leads to an unnecessary conclusion.

Even now, it seems like the lore's pretty ridiculous already.
All of the lore is ridiculous. Even my lore.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: July 12, 2014, 10:49:18 pm »

Yes, but this lore is unnecessarily ridiculous in a way that is causing we, the players, to question it, and thus it is poor enough that our suspension of disbelief is being disturbed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: July 12, 2014, 10:49:37 pm »

I always feel dumb when I try to explain things, especially since you seem a bit more intellectual than me, Emp...  :-\

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: July 12, 2014, 10:53:14 pm »

Yes, but this lore is unnecessarily ridiculous in a way that is causing we, the players, to question it, and thus it is poor enough that our suspension of disbelief is being disturbed.
I feel the same somewhat.

I always feel dumb when I try to explain things, especially since you seem a bit more intellectual than me, Emp...  :-\
You know shit gets intellectual when you explain magic with quantum physics and use dimensions with economics as laws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: July 12, 2014, 10:57:02 pm »

I read the lore on Wall Street, what little there was.

I paused.

I read it again.

I got my brain bleach and decided to proceed as if it didn't exist, because that is far easier than anything else, and less likely to give me migraines.

So can anybody make up new dimensions in twilight and stuff?

Because I'd like if there were some less grimdark or utterly alien(in the way that kills people, at least) dimensions out there. That'd be nice.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 685