Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499765 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Snorting Magic Swords
« Reply #2670 on: July 14, 2014, 03:48:00 am »

It's up to us to decide how much religions are true. Some might be fabricated, several might be based on the same deity, all that fun stuff.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: July 14, 2014, 03:50:18 am »

Well actually, I know that the Yellow dragons, which live in south America are the feathered serpent variety, so Aztec dragon worshiper go ahead, but Stella is a very different kind of dragon.

@Smurf - There are many varieties of dragon that GWG put into this world, none of them Stella's variety, she is from the superhero world. Each type having a different magic as well, for instance, silvers are mostly humanoid and are technomancers, while greys I think they were, are stereotypical dragon shape and use darkness, the yellows use blood magic BTW.  All of the dragon varieties, except the Yellow, who were bannished, and Stella, who is Weird to them, are part of the Council of Wyrms, and Stella has once been asked to come to a meet; was instrumental in getting the council to negotiate with humans rather than go to war; and is acknowledged as a dragon by them. GWG had some info in his first post on the V2 OOC thread as well, otherwise I will try to fill in missing info as it comes up.\

and about the 12th century bit, if you want to ship Stella and him, or him and anyone really, that needs to be dealt with. Also that would mean that Stella's interest in Kaiser remains only in getting him over his shyness, your call.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: July 14, 2014, 03:51:17 am »

Yeah, um can we just at the very least replace the rattlesnakes of the Tzitzimitl with something less awkward? Like a literal third leg kinda like Yatagarasu and whatnot? Because I don't think having things with rattlesnakes for [REDACTED]s would do anyone any favors.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: July 14, 2014, 03:53:29 am »

Yeah, um can we just at the very least replace the rattlesnakes of the Tzitzimitl with something less awkward? Like a literal third leg kinda like Yatagarasu and whatnot? Because I don't think having things with rattlesnakes for [REDACTED]s would do anyone any favors.
No, don't change that. Just have him put on pants.

And I am aware Stella isn't the type of dragon you would think an Aztec would worship, hints as to why are in his description.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: July 14, 2014, 04:02:41 am »

It's a her. Or more accurately, multiple hers.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: July 14, 2014, 04:07:23 am »

Put pants on the trouser snakes!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: July 14, 2014, 04:29:00 am »

Perk: Creature of Magic (Health Perk)
Non Magical Damage (Magical weapons and attacks from the natural armaments of other magic creatures count as magic) Regenerates more quickly (need balanced numbers, plus adjudication I guess)

she took magical damage only, so Stellas perk does nothing
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: July 14, 2014, 04:37:06 am »

I was never given a benefit for taking the penalty of magic damage stops it

especially seeing as how magic damage is most of it
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: July 14, 2014, 04:39:47 am »

don't worry, Stella is still perfectly able to be stabilized easily, as so far there is almost no penalty from negative HP. All that is needed is for someone, maybe two people ate once to jump up and down on her chest to perform some very improvised CPR
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: July 14, 2014, 04:43:46 am »

I still think I want to revise creature of magic after this fight anyway, and it makes more sense to me as well

specifically that the counters are Extreme cold, Cold Iron (As in not steel)(which is a counter to magical creatures in a lot of works), and possibly antimagic, but if antimagic it's gonna have to be directed antimagic not just a field

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: July 14, 2014, 05:01:09 am »

Well actually, I know that the Yellow dragons, which live in south America are the feathered serpent variety, so Aztec dragon worshiper go ahead, but Stella is a very different kind of dragon.

@Smurf - There are many varieties of dragon that GWG put into this world, none of them Stella's variety, she is from the superhero world. Each type having a different magic as well, for instance, silvers are mostly humanoid and are technomancers, while greys I think they were, are stereotypical dragon shape and use darkness, the yellows use blood magic BTW.  All of the dragon varieties, except the Yellow, who were bannished, and Stella, who is Weird to them, are part of the Council of Wyrms, and Stella has once been asked to come to a meet; was instrumental in getting the council to negotiate with humans rather than go to war; and is acknowledged as a dragon by them. GWG had some info in his first post on the V2 OOC thread as well, otherwise I will try to fill in missing info as it comes up.

and about the 12th century bit, if you want to ship Stella and him, or him and anyone really, that needs to be dealt with. Also that would mean that Stella's interest in Kaiser remains only in getting him over his shyness, your call.

Good, any info you can fill in for me will be appreciated.

The dragonknight is going to be near impossible to ship due to missing 900 years of history. Most likely he's going to go on a crazy rampage through london, which will end in a police lock-up until either a PC rescues or he manages to escape, using either the medallion or by running like a crazy person.

And god, do not bring up Kaiser's shipping. I have no idea who's attempting/trying what, and since Kaiser is far too shy to try or admit anything, it leaves him at the mercy of everyone else. I still want him to have a moment of dawning comprehension, though.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: July 14, 2014, 05:05:28 am »

Him rampaging through Ashley's hometown? Ah sheeeeet, she'll be all over him for great !!JUSTICE!! :P
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: July 14, 2014, 05:06:57 am »

man, Ashley keeps busting out big debuffs. at a total of -11 speed next turn, Amazeroth is so going to get blasted.

though I advise for Dalia, maybe she should switch her curse from speed and skill to speed and def, so amazeroth stops tanking all the hits?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: July 14, 2014, 05:10:29 am »

Him rampaging through Ashley's hometown? Ah sheeeeet, she'll be all over him for great !!JUSTICE!! :P

Less of a rampage and more of a 'what the fuck is all this weird shit' run across town, which will end in him trying to fight lampposts and protecting people from cars.

Also, could we defibrillate Stella?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:12:08 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: July 14, 2014, 05:20:09 am »

That's kinda Ashley's gig. Short, but big debuffs. Of course, it'll only, and ever be those two stats.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 685