Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499836 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: My Shame is Eternal
« Reply #3120 on: July 19, 2014, 06:36:48 pm »

this should hit. Ashfake has to pay attention both to Icarus and Bartimaeus at the same time, and the portal basicaly provides the same hit bonus as teleporting behind someone does. On top of that, Hilda still has 25 skill right now. The multitude of distractions should provide a big enough bonus for Hilda to land the attack. That there is a floor beneath araceli and the shot should add on top of those bonuses, while providing maybe a bit of damage reduction
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: July 19, 2014, 06:51:10 pm »

From what I know of it, it's something that would change the laws of physics and basically tear the universe apart.

Magic can do that too though.
Not on that scale. Such an event is irreversible, it isn't like you can just cut off the magic supply or something, the universe naturally facilitates such an event once it occurs. In real-life that is. Here, I've set some limits on such events to prevent such things from happening and ruining everything forever.
Eventually the universe will undergo heat death, and no matter what you do, you cannot escape it or stop it, and nothing will ever be able to occur ever again, because the universe has fallen into a state of perfect neutrality without the capacity for movement or life.
There is at least the hypothetical possibility of engineering an omega-point universe should this be a closed-universe, thereby effectively accelerating thought speeds to make the final end seem to recede back towards infinity. If it is an open universe, it will take a very long time, life can theoretically adapt to an unrecognizable form, where one second to such a lifeform seems like countless millennia to us.
I don't do research for things I want to craft because it's so unfun to do. This is a game, not a science project.
Then why make Kyle create science fiction implements if it's just effectively technomancy? You could ask for developments in certain fields that have taken place in-game, that ensures that you don't have to research as much stuff and merely work with black-box technology or amalgamate pre-existing technologies you do not need to understand.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:08:44 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: July 19, 2014, 08:16:57 pm »

Empiricist, I'm saying that powerful enough magic can, in fact, change the laws of physics. It's magic. That's the point of it. That's like half the shit with gods and crap.

The second thing just sounds like we'd all get bored.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: July 19, 2014, 08:24:54 pm »

The turn shall be up once I finish playing War Thunder with some friends.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: July 19, 2014, 10:32:52 pm »

I guess that's the cost of being able to create sci-fi stuff without having the ability to do so as a character's designated supernatural art.

Edited Null's sheet. No mechanical changes, just a bit of lore fluff on Muramasa blades.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:39:18 pm by Empiricist »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: July 19, 2014, 10:42:52 pm »

I guess that's the cost of being able to create sci-fi stuff without having the ability to do so as a character's designated supernatural art.
What? No, first off, I shouldn't have to come up with a thesis paper on why I should be able to make a jetpack.

Second, not what I was referring to. I was talking about the part where a second is equal to 'millennia'. Which is physically impossible considering it would require information transfer faster than the speed of light, and responses to such.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: July 19, 2014, 10:48:53 pm »

What? No, first off, I shouldn't have to come up with a thesis paper on why I should be able to make a jetpack.
Who said anything about that? I just meant cobbling together info gathered from the GM, effectively just putting black boxes together.

Second, not what I was referring to. I was talking about the part where a second is equal to 'millennia'. Which is physically impossible considering it would require information transfer faster than the speed of light, and responses to such.
I'm not too sure on the details, but I believe it may have something to do with the distances shrinking due to a closed universe eventually decreasing in size.
Key to Tipler's exploration of the Omega Point is that the supposition of a closed universe evolving towards a future collapse. Within this universe, Tipler assumes a massive processing capability. As the universe becomes smaller, the processing capability becomes larger, due to the decreasing cost of communications as the systems shrink in size. At the same time, information from previously disconnected points in space becomes visible, giving the processors access to more and more information. Tipler's Omega Point occurs when the processing capability effectively becomes infinite, as the processors will be able to simulate every possible future before the universe ends - a state also known as "Aleph".

Also, the stuff on one second to one millennia is about the open universe possibility where in life may survive in a state where it takes an entire millennia or more for it to have thoughts it takes us a second to have. As in, it doesn't think very quickly, it thinks very slowly as the universe approaches heat death.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:51:42 pm by Empiricist »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: July 20, 2014, 02:24:16 am »

I disagree. It unnecessarily complicates it. A rename to reflect that it's the capability to hit major organs and whatnot be it with gun or blade, perhaps.

The only changes I would like to see are thus:
Skill is renamed as Dexterity.
Strength is renamed as Skill.
Mundane crafting is handled through an ER-style tinker system that rewards research far more than arbitrary numbers.

Don't like the renaming, although if you do want a specific stat for ranged, call it precision or something, and let it be damage for both, while strength is only good for melee, but has other uses, such as picking stuff up

as for the affinity stuff and saying double is stupid, you want me to rework stella's double damage from cold?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: July 20, 2014, 02:26:02 am »

I think the double damage discussion was only for the general ones such as creation and void since at present, just about every other enemy will be dealing and taking double damage.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: July 20, 2014, 03:24:52 am »

That was one hell of a turn for you guys.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: July 20, 2014, 03:50:03 am »

If only because the hostile lacks the pragmatism to teleport away and whittle down the party through attrition. It may be prudent for someone to ensure that such a thing shall not be a viable option should the adversary change their mind, or to prepare countermeasures.

This may be an opportunity for Winry to use Surveying and for Kaiser to actually follow up on the assimilation that's been mentioned so much in the OOC.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: July 20, 2014, 03:51:09 am »

I kind of hope we can lock her simply because of that fact she left such wonderful toys out.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: July 20, 2014, 03:54:19 am »

Kaiser can only assimilate metal;ic things, like lots of AI, and Kyle's armor. Ashfake is not exactly made of metal.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: July 20, 2014, 03:55:47 am »

Her anti-material rifle may be. Even if it isn't, he could always place a tracking device on it or infest it with nanomachines to discourage its use.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: July 20, 2014, 04:00:02 am »

Wait, I can be semi-evil when it comes to her, right?

Time to use something her internal organs will not enjoy.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 685