Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499752 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5910 on: September 04, 2014, 11:50:46 pm »

Damn straight we had a kindergarden fight.

Although PN just went 'lol negated' at everything I flung at him ><

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: September 04, 2014, 11:51:32 pm »

well, mostly because stuff you flung at him was just made up more and more the more he negated it :P
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: September 05, 2014, 12:06:10 am »

Well excuse me for trying to add the possibility of strategy to the game.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: September 05, 2014, 12:16:38 am »

If you're in an all-out fight in this game, you fail at strategy anyway. Strategy means you might have to actually plan something IC, instead of running in and improvising.

That being said, we need more intel gatherers.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: September 05, 2014, 05:43:22 am »

Just wait~

Gotta go now.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: September 05, 2014, 07:02:07 am »

*Glares at the IC*
What the hell did I just read? I think I'll just stick to working on lore and participating in New Dawn. Whatever just happened here is certainly not anything I want to be involved in.

Could people please stop assuming whatever they perform automatically succeeds? That ship should have been unable to have collapsed the base, breached the shield, or effortlessly killed the boarders without any explanation as to the fine details or even giving another party to present their own countermeasures. Likewise, it should not have been stated that the teleporters succeeded in entering the plane and killing everything inside without any given means of matching the plane's velocity and any idea of what was even inside, or that the base was even able to contact HELIOS seeing as in the modern era of information warfare, it wouldn't have been too surprising for their communications systems to have been disabled.

Also, I feel that it is rather fair to mention that it was already established that certain forms of teleportation by themselves are inherently explosive. Such as teleporting matter without making space, thereby causing nuclear fusion to occur (as inevitably, some of the nuclei will end up close enough together for strong force to overpower electromagnetism). So teleporting bombs may not have even been necessary, also, those bombs may not have even gone off in the first place seeing as only their deployment mechanism has been established to be twilight.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: September 05, 2014, 11:02:24 am »

You've probably realized this by now Emp, but that auto battle was just between SERT forces and the unknown faction who attacked them. It was mainly for setting up the plot and therefore should be considered a story element. No need to get mad at it. That's just my opinion and as such probably mean nothing.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: September 05, 2014, 12:23:24 pm »

Hey Emp, could someone buy a generator from a Wallstreet entity that could stop a specific enchantment?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: September 05, 2014, 03:37:30 pm »

You've probably realized this by now Emp, but that auto battle was just between SERT forces and the unknown faction who attacked them. It was mainly for setting up the plot and therefore should be considered a story element. No need to get mad at it. That's just my opinion and as such probably mean nothing.
Issue is, whatever impressive quality it may have had was derailed by the rather immature way it was handled. In future, it's probably better for this to be prep'd first by PM and posted as a single large block, rather than a series of conflicting posts.

Hey Emp, could someone buy a generator from a Wallstreet entity that could stop a specific enchantment?
Not pure Wal Street, no. That would work by embargo which is entirely indiscriminate. Either it stops all magic, or stops none of it.

If any other realm or civilization has such a device that isn't too hard to obtain, then yes, knowing the right entity will allow you to purchase it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: September 05, 2014, 03:42:00 pm »

Okay, is there anyway one would be able to stop an embargo enchantment?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: September 05, 2014, 03:50:37 pm »

Stop an embargo? I am assuming you mean without using more Wall Street to overload, destroy or disable it.

Simplest solution would be to destroy it's vessel. At the end of the day, unless the enchantment itself also came with protective features, the object could just get damaged or destroyed. If it does come with protective features, your best bet would to be figuring out what is used to control it seeing as the protective embargo would not cover it; due to how embargo works, a perfectly protected vessel is also a perfectly unusable one.

More powerful ones don't require a vessel, but generally are bound to a contract that destroys them should their user die.

Any specific enchantment you wish to disable?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: September 05, 2014, 04:02:27 pm »

Say, one similar to Ashley's embargo katana.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: September 05, 2014, 04:09:28 pm »

Oh, that's easy. Anything that uses kinetic energy or can just directly alter the matter of the katana itself. Granted, it's hardy enough to survive the immense acceleration and friction during Ashley's new attack, but that would be due to a regular creation or void enchantment (if it actually had an embargo to protect it from that, it would be impossible for it to even be used). Disable that and the katana itself could be easily broken.

Though considering it's nature as an infantry-portable weapon, an easier option would be just to enchant it so that it can't be used. Like giving it an enchantment that harms whoever wields it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: September 05, 2014, 04:13:33 pm »

I'm trying to be mildly infuriating, not permanently breaking people's signiture weapons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: September 05, 2014, 04:21:07 pm »

She could just purchase a new one afterwards.

Well, in terms of negation, it is probably easier to just have measures to protect against it rather than bothering to negate it. Some kind of reusable explosive reactive armor would cause issues for Ashley and just about every other melee-oriented character. Alternatively, some kind of embargo weapon that acts similarly to the katana, albeit for mana would briefly seal the katana if it parries, along with causing issues for mana-dependant characters.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 685