Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499782 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #7260 on: November 26, 2014, 09:30:13 pm »

Well, my basic idea for Sif and Ülf is 'couple of heroes trying to make a name for themselves to proove themselves worthy of their position.' And thus they visit the group looking for a group to gelp with that. And your new character could be like a sarcastic priest/ess assisting because god said to also, they could be an alien. Either way, someone is going to want to do unspeakable and probably hedonistic things with them.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: November 26, 2014, 09:48:25 pm »

I'm sorry, but what? I get the whole proving themselves by joining the group bit, but why do they need a sarcastic priest for that? And how do unspeakable acts factor into it? Also, why the alien?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: November 26, 2014, 11:16:24 pm »

In order, because it's funny, that was related to the shipping thing, and I thought it would be a funny idea.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: November 27, 2014, 12:32:37 am »

Sanure, what's the point of 4 turns reload, if a normal non-silver DU shot does 25 damage? That's way higher DPS.

Also not how the mechanics of the game works but nobody ever cares about that
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: November 27, 2014, 12:37:15 am »

Walpurga needs to stop drop and res roll to put the fire out
translation: if walpurga succeeds a res roll, the fire is put out. This guy is stronk as fuck,

Sunlight takes time to actually affect him. Keep him in the sun yo

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: November 27, 2014, 12:38:33 am »

Probably higher risk higher reward. I sincerely doubt that it will always do top damage unless it was buffed by people. And also, you forgot that healers can make people survive the ten damage per turn and he can only cast his ten damage per turn on one person, if not once per fight. Really, it's quite survivable.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: November 27, 2014, 12:41:17 am »

DIE GLASS CANNONS, DIE

Drunk!smurf reporting.i
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: November 27, 2014, 12:42:38 am »

DIE GLASS CANNONS, DIE

Drunk!smurf reporting.i
Thank you Drunk!Smurf for the layman's report.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: November 27, 2014, 12:49:27 am »

no. You are ignoring core mechanics of the game, and when you are called out on it, you simply go mock the players "You mad? I am the GM I can do what I want yo, rules are optional".

This is not how a GM should behave.

at this point I dont even want to mention that the summoned demons (their health and mana indicate already 20 stats invested in that, I will be nice and assume only 5 in all other stats, everything else would only be more against the mechanics), have a stat total of 50, times 6 for a 300 base stat summon, which falls into the category of even-bigger-++++++

such a summon would have a 9 turn delay, has a TN of 36, (and 39 mag to be cast in the first place) costs 24 mana and the summons remain for as many turns as the TN was beaten

wether the TN was beaten or not (or if you even rolled for it), eh, might as well be possible, but the summoning delay and the mana cost were ignored.

and that is, in case they only have 5 in every stat besides health and mana, which I somehow doubt. I am more suspecting something like 10 in all stats, for a 480 base stat summon, which I will not calculate because i need to get to work, but basicaly a TN of 50-ish
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:52:14 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: November 27, 2014, 12:50:39 am »

also, the bewitcher did not even bother to move out of the sunlight after being dropped. yet, nothing happened

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: November 27, 2014, 12:52:39 am »

The summoning is still taking place, if you would have noticed that the demons aren't attacking yet.

A powerful summon yes, but with a hefty price and with a powerful item.

Please stop complaining and calling me out on every single detail, and let me run this fight.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: November 27, 2014, 12:53:00 am »

The demons were spawned with an item, not an actual spell.

I'll trust Nomad enough to balance it out somehow, anyways.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: November 27, 2014, 12:54:57 am »

The demons were spawned with an item, not an actual spell.

I'll trust Nomad enough to balance it out somehow, anyways.
Yeah, basically this.

I know he isn't a killer GM type, he probably is going to have this escalate to something dramatic.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: November 27, 2014, 03:36:26 am »

He one_shotted walpurga in the First round, or at least used a spell with one_shot potential. Seems Killer Gmy to me

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: November 27, 2014, 03:56:21 am »

Sanure, what's the point of 4 turns reload, if a normal non-silver DU shot does 25 damage? That's way higher DPS.

Also not how the mechanics of the game works but nobody ever cares about that

First thing, the Harkonnen Cannon only has two types of rounds: Silver DU munition and Incendiary Napalm munitions. It's four turns to reload because it requres ejecting the spent shell, placing a new shell in, pushing the shell into the chamber via closing the gun, then arming the firing mechanism. She can't act if she chooses to continue the reloading process so the DPS is reduced by the fact if she is attacked then the process is stalled until she resumes it, adding an additional turn to the reloading process.

Second, I had it do base damage (which is a 1d50 roll btw) instead of the normal mechanics is because if I used her STR to deal the damage, she would deal (1d37) damage+20% of the damage roll as damage which averages to about 21 damage before being subtracted by the opponents defence. It's less damage using her strength which renders the weapon useless. Also, I can not change the weapon to reload a single turn because the weapon itself is a Breach loading Anti-tank cannon. One shell before reloading is necessary. the weapon is meant to be a use once during combat and use melee the rest of combat.

I hope that clears that up.

Oh, also, to elaborate on the Silver DU munition: Silver Depleted Uranium Munitions is a armor penetrating round that has been laced with silver, a geo-locked magic breaker. Expensive to make. Only a few weapons are capable of firing said munitions, and the only other anti-tank cannon that could fire the munitions is the Vladimir 20mm, which is typically only mounted on aircraft similar to the AC-130, which needs powerful weaponry to support soldiers on the ground up against things like tanks and bunkers. I wouldn't be surprised if Spooky doesn't have a few Vladimir mounted on some of her turret mounts.

EDIT: Also, The incendary napalm munitions deals 1d10 damage, which does shit against a person with 10 defense. The only thing it's meant for is the AoE napalm effect that it can bring which deals fire damage over 5 turns. So yeah.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:10:45 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 685