Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499839 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Game mechanics fun time
« Reply #7635 on: December 05, 2014, 03:09:43 pm »

Okay, Does anyone mind if I control Tabella?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: December 05, 2014, 03:12:15 pm »

A. Kyle's suit does not seem to have the overclock ability, so he can't actually boost his stats in any way.
B. Changing stats around is not the same as increasing stats temporarily. Especially since Hilda would need to minmax to the extreme to keep up with what Icarus can do with a little bit of mana and elbow grease.
C. Even if the above two points weren't true, Icarus, Hilda and Kyle still aren't interchangeable. They have different distributions of stats that change how they fight in combat, different perks, different equipment, and additional powers on top of self-buffing. Yes, they have some similar abilities, but everything else is different. You can't just switch characters around and expect them to fight exactly the same. Mechanically it's impossible for that to happen.
D. Alucard doesn't teleport like a madman in combat, to slash foes with a katana. He's more of a blaster. That's definitely a different use of the abilities they have to me, which makes them unique when compared with each other.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: December 05, 2014, 03:18:36 pm »

Agreed, but the ability to still exchange them for another exists. So long as a power is similiar, it can be used the same. May not play the same, but can still act the same.

Anyways, there are more important things to discuss than interchangable characters. For example: We still haven't finished demon talk and how they work.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: December 05, 2014, 03:21:11 pm »

I doubt you'll find any opposition.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: December 05, 2014, 03:22:43 pm »

Oh, right. Demon talk. What were we supposed to be talking about again?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: December 05, 2014, 03:28:35 pm »

I doubt you'll find any opposition.
Fine by me.

IB4 PN contacts you to talk about the layar holding up Ashley and Kyle being Tabella's dad.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: December 05, 2014, 04:32:23 pm »

Oh, right. Demon talk. What were we supposed to be talking about again?

Eh, it was something about how they work and some such thing. I think the point where we last stopped was on Demon resurrection. Should demons revive after being defeated and 'slain' and/or should they respawn in hell and have to wait before they can grace Earth with their presence. I'm more partial for the latter, if only to make true name magic and perma kill solutions a more sought after resource. Should probably have demon resurrection use collected souls as a mean of rebirth to make it a valuable commodity. Just

We currently have it set that Demon's use a feudal system of rule in Hell that is constantly in a flux of change. Demons gain and lose power depending on collected souls and what not. I like this system so let's not change that pwease~

currently Souls are a status symbol, having really nothing else going for it other than maybe as a currency. This needs changing due to a lot of demons using Earth money as a main currency since a lot of demons visit earth on a regular basis now. Maybe use souls as a mean of reviving after being slain?

Also, We have the Seal of Solomon, which summons one of the 72 demons sealed by solomon. This means that those 72 demons must be able to revive if slain due to how lore works on the ring. Those demons also happen to be the high ranking officials of hell, and thus would have a lot of spare souls for use in reviving, if we have souls used upon reviving.

Those are just my ideas. Counter ideas or improvements to the ideas?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 04:36:19 pm by Sanure »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: December 05, 2014, 04:58:17 pm »

Eh, it was something about how they work and some such thing. I think the point where we last stopped was on Demon resurrection. Should demons revive after being defeated and 'slain' or should they respawn in hell and have to wait before they can grace Earth with their presence. I'm more partial for the latter, if only to make true name magic and perma kill solutions a more sought after resource. Should probably have demon resurrection use collected souls as a mean of rebirth to make it a valuable commodity.

Wait, demons are immortal now? I thought that they were pretty killable. Yeah, they can live forever, but douse them in enough salt and they'll be dead forever. Though that would bring up the issue of whether demons have souls or not... But no matter what, I'm not a fan of demons using souls as anything other than a status symbol. Resurrecting by consuming souls should be right out.

We currently have it set that Demon's use a feudal system of rule in Hell that is constantly in a flux of change. Demons gain and lose power depending on collected souls and what not. I like this system so let's not change that pwease~

I love this too. The important part is that after several billion years of change their feudal structure is pretty damn complex and incomprehensible to anybody who isn't a demon. Which means that there's probably an entire class of law demon that exists just to manage this structure... Sounds pretty good to me.

currently Souls are a status symbol, having really nothing else going for it other than maybe as a currency. This needs changing due to a lot of demons using Earth money as a main currency since a lot of demons visit earth on a regular basis now. Maybe use souls as a mean of reviving after being slain?

I'd rather just keep souls as a status symbol myself. Mostly because I think that Hell is easily changed/shaped by the demons ruling it. So material wealth is kinda pointless as a status symbol, since even the smallest imp could eventually summon up a mountain of gold. That's how they tempt people with limitless wealth, they simply spawn it in Hell and cart it to Earth. But souls are impossible to make by demons, so they're a constant in a constantly changing world. But they're only valuable because the demons think that they're valuable. Outside of proclaiming their owner's power, souls don't really have any use.

Also, the number of demons visiting Earth on a regular basis is extremely small. It just seems large because the number of demons is massive, but most of them are tied up in the feudal system and don't get the time/chance to visit the mortal realm.

Also, We have the Seal of Solomon, which summons one of the 72 demons sealed by solomon. This means that those 72 demons must be able to revive if slain due to how lore works on the ring. Those demons also happen to be the high ranking officials of hell, and thus would have a lot of spare souls for use in reviving, if we have souls used upon reviving.

Alternatively those demons are just powerful enough to cover themselves in enchantments. Including ones to spirit them away in case they're about to die. So they aren't immortal, but functionally so. Killing them would require a ton of effort and would be out of the reach of mortals. Also, as I feel the need to clarify every time this pops up, the 72 demons were high ranking nobles of hell in Solomon's time. Since then things have shifted around a bit in the political structure of Hell, though that doesn't make them any less fearsome or powerful.

Those are just my ideas. Counter ideas or improvements to the ideas?

Hmmm... I suppose that I would like to clarify that I think that Hell is a extremely massive and varied place, which demons have almost unlimited amount of control over. Though powerful demons have an easier time modifying Hell, obviously. As such humanity has barely scratched the surface of Hell, so to speak. Most demons are too tied up in their own games/power struggles/whatever to care about stuff that goes on in other places. Except for collecting souls and similar matters of course, but the number of souls being generated is probably more than enough to satisfy them. Humanity isn't the only species in the universe, and obviously some of the other aliens have FTL technology. Which means a lot of beings with souls to collect when they're dead, and a bunch of happy and occupied demons.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: December 05, 2014, 05:53:35 pm »

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that all demons are immortal, Only the 72 sealed by Solomon who are implied to resurrect. I apologize for that misunderstanding :-[

As for Souls being currency, All it is now is a status symbol. Like seriously the only people who actively use souls is the Sultanes and thats just to create new servants via the soul mill.

Most points I have to say true to, but I still think Soul currency should have a use other than Status symbol.

And I like that idea about the 72 demons, I say we make it cannon~

However, the 72 nobles sealed by Solomon can't change, due to how the seal works. They are contracted by the seal to always work for the one who summons them. They aren't sealed by position, but by true name, meaning only the demons sealed at the time would be the ones sealed by Solomon, if you get my meaning. If they are still refered to as the nobles o hell, then they are still maintaining their position in hell.

Also, Spoilers on the collecting souls part. Can't actually put a number on the souls going into hell right now >.>

It is agreed upon that hell is constantly changing via it's high ranking inhabitants. It is also apparent that Hell is infinitesimally large and has room for more and more demons to be created and born. This is probably due to hell being it's own pocket dimension or somewhat not magic logic. I dunno :3

Oh, on the topic of do demons have souls? Yes. yes they do. Otherwise Sen would not have been able to absorb her daughter's soul, nor would Yomiko have been born as a soul in a bottle.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: December 05, 2014, 05:59:29 pm »

Oh, And strawpoll for should multiple plots be run at the same time:

http://strawpoll.me/3130729

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7645 on: December 05, 2014, 06:04:28 pm »

I am glad that USEC has taken over the argueing, because at this point it has become so stupid that even I do not have the stamina to argue against Sanure. Either Sanure is a very dedicated troll, or he is both unable and unwilling to understand what any of us mean.

I will sum up my opinion on this in 3 short points, and then never acknowledge Seras again.

1) Unless you are serious about debuffing Seras as a mean to make her balanced, dont even try to. "She heals a bit less under sunlight" is not a flaw, and "she takes all the damage of those around her and dies instantly" is just a joke. You basicaly have 2 ways. One, make it 50/50. During night, Seras is overpowered as heck, during day, she becomes underpowered as heck - all the perks turn to the direct opposite. This is literaly the easiest and most fair way to balance her out, yet allow her to be overpowered. Two, remove all the perks except your favourite one.

2)Differentiating and making characters original does not happen in abilities alone. Kyle, Icarus and Hilda are all radicaly different from eachother, in the way they are *outside* of combat, and that is what matters. This matters so much, it is almost irrelevant to explain, as USEC tried times and times again despite your selective deafness, that they are different inside of combat too, and not by a small stretch. I can see how hard it is to make a character directly copypasted from an anime in any way original, but if achieving the uniqueness by "Seras is the only character that is massively overpowered", then maybe you should just stick with Sen, or some of the other quite unique characters that never even got introduced.

3)Seras is in almost no way designed to be a character of this game. Sadly, I am not the GM, and as such I can't just put a big "denied" stamp on her forehead, but in any part of the game I can controle, I will do so. It's not even too heavy against the lore, the existance of parallel worlds is a thing. I hereby declare that anything under my controle exists in a reality that does not Include Seras existance. It pays little difference if in world the northsdale five just took down Selkhim on their own, or if in world omega there was a scenario where some OP vampire was also throwing in her five cents. Seras is disturbing my enjoyment of this game so much, that I refuse to play a part in your enjoyment of this game through seras
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: December 05, 2014, 06:08:15 pm »

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that all demons are immortal, Only the 72 sealed by Solomon who are implied to resurrect. I apologize for that misunderstanding :-[

Oh! Okay, yeah, it was a bit ambiguous.

And I like that idea about the 72 demons, I say we make it canon~

Which idea in particular? Bit ambiguous as to what you're talking about.

However, the 72 nobles sealed by Solomon can't change, due to how the seal works. They are contracted by the seal to always work for the one who summons them. They aren't sealed by position, but by true name, meaning only the demons sealed at the time would be the ones sealed by Solomon, if you get my meaning. If they are still refered to as the nobles o hell, then they are still maintaining their position in hell.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. The 72 demons of Solomon are sealed so that they'll always answer the summons or whatever, right? So a specific demon will answer the summons. But those demons would have their positions/authority/power change since then, even if their titles remain the same. The only constant in Hell is that Satan is on top, everything else is in a state of flux.

It is agreed upon that hell is constantly changing via it's high ranking inhabitants. It is also apparent that Hell is infinitesimally large and has room for more and more demons to be created and born. This is probably due to hell being it's own pocket dimension or somewhat not magic logic. I dunno :3

Alright, just making sure. I can't remember what ideas I vomited last time we talked about this. I did mention that souls are treated humanely on average in hell, due to souls being status symbols? Key word being on average. If you aren't famous/important then you're just as likely to end up in a torture chamber as in paradise. The amount of effort put into looking after your souls is more important than what actually happens to them, good or bad.

Most points I have to say true to, but I still think Soul currency should have a use other than Status symbol.

Such as? I can't really think of anything that demons would need souls for. Besides amusing themselves and/or creating demonic legions.

Oh, on the topic of do demons have souls? Yes. yes they do. Otherwise Sen would not have been able to absorb her daughter's soul, nor would Yomiko have been born as a soul in a bottle.

Ah, I see. Interesting... Which I suppose also implies that demons could have a form of limited immortality. So long as a friendly demon finds their soul and has a body to plop them into. So not entirely impossible, but still not likely.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: December 05, 2014, 06:26:54 pm »

@Akroma, Wow, I'd call you petty, but that would not be very nice. Instead I'll just not call you anything and post this since it is very apparent you didn't read everything I posted and instead took the GWG approach of picking things out:

Anyways, Until the system gets revamped I am putting a hold on Seras.

@USEC:

And I like that idea about the 72 demons, I say we make it canon~

Which idea in particular? Bit ambiguous as to what you're talking about.

The Noblemen using enchantments and wards to ensure they don't die when slain. It adds to the lore of them being the defacto power in hell.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. The 72 demons of Solomon are sealed so that they'll always answer the summons or whatever, right? So a specific demon will answer the summons. But those demons would have their positions/authority/power change since then, even if their titles remain the same. The only constant in Hell is that Satan is on top, everything else is in a state of flux.
True enough.

Alright, just making sure. I can't remember what ideas I vomited last time we talked about this. I did mention that souls are treated humanely on average in hell, due to souls being status symbols? Key word being on average. If you aren't famous/important then you're just as likely to end up in a torture chamber as in paradise. The amount of effort put into looking after your souls is more important than what actually happens to them, good or bad.
Again true.

Such as? I can't really think of anything that demons would need souls for. Besides amusing themselves and/or creating demonic legions.
I'm not too sure either. Amusement and creating demonic legions sounds good for now.

Ah, I see. Interesting... Which I suppose also implies that demons could have a form of limited immortality. So long as a friendly demon finds their soul and has a body to plop them into. So not entirely impossible, but still not likely.

This works I suppose. Makes it kind of fair while keeping it limited as well.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: December 05, 2014, 06:40:12 pm »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 685