Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499845 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Game mechanics fun time
« Reply #7950 on: December 14, 2014, 08:54:43 pm »

*pokes head back in for a moment*
There were "No time travel" laws. I PM'd Elf about it and he already intended it to be impossible to travel back in time, I added stuff about it being impossible by stating that whilst instantaneous movement is possible, moving at FTL speeds required for time travel is not as is magical time travel (since the past is a concept rather than an actual location), you just either fail, or lodge yourself in Fate and get erased from existence. However, seeing as neither Elf nor myself am involved anymore, the state of those mandates are unknown.

I do recall however, that Akroma set up some sort of entity that actively stops any attempt at traveling back in time. It's her call if they still stand since that was all the way back in v2.

Edit: Found it:
This core, unless objected, is the origin of time and is only inhabited by two entities - the guardian over time, who prevents time being tinkered with in any way he can. And since he alone is not bound to the rules of time, he usualy prevents tinkering with time long before the tinkering even happens, which is why higher spheres do not even know he exists.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:03:14 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: December 14, 2014, 09:06:29 pm »

wow, the hell happened and why did it just explode with 16 new updates?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: December 14, 2014, 09:14:47 pm »

I do recall however, that Akroma set up some sort of entity that actively stops any attempt at traveling back in time. It's her call if they still stand since that was all the way back in v2.

Eh... That may no longer be true though. I know that we've retconned parts of Akroma's cosmos chart, such as the fact that other Creations are impossible to reach, and I get the feeling that some other parts may be ignored due to general apathy/whatever. We... really need to finalize this kind of junk, honestly. Set it all down so that everybody is on the same page about what and whatnot exists in RotMG and how the cosmos are definitely set out. Though we'll probably crib a lot off of Akroma's ideas anyways, we should confirm that everybody is on the same page at least, because some of the stuff suggested might be different from what other people were thinking. Like people drawing mana from the Wall of Stars or the center of the universe fixing the laws of physics and junk.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: December 14, 2014, 09:20:39 pm »

Eh... That may no longer be true though. I know that we've retconned parts of Akroma's cosmos chart, such as the fact that other Creations are impossible to reach, and I get the feeling that some other parts may be ignored due to general apathy/whatever. We... really need to finalize this kind of junk, honestly. Set it all down so that everybody is on the same page about what and whatnot exists in RotMG and how the cosmos are definitely set out. Though we'll probably crib a lot off of Akroma's ideas anyways, we should confirm that everybody is on the same page at least, because some of the stuff suggested might be different from what other people were thinking. Like people drawing mana from the Wall of Stars or the center of the universe fixing the laws of physics and junk.
I thought we dropped it since people didn't like it that much.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: December 14, 2014, 09:23:03 pm »

Which only proves my point even more. We should try to get all of our ideas into some kind of a line to save us trouble or confusion later on.

Then again, given how much work we've done on the Hell lore... Maybe that isn't the best idea now that I think of it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: December 14, 2014, 09:38:09 pm »

I thought we dropped it since people didn't like it that much.
Oh sorry, my memory's a bit hazy at times.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: December 15, 2014, 01:01:19 am »

Spoiler: Miia (click to show/hide)

I also finished the character art for Kaiser, should he go rampage.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:15:39 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: December 15, 2014, 03:06:22 am »

TF2 Engineer?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: December 15, 2014, 03:14:56 am »

He was the base, yeah. Miia's got a few more tricks up her sleeves.

Also, MiiaXDarling confirmed.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:19:11 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: December 15, 2014, 01:04:25 pm »

kj be a chap and just let hakim smash some zombies
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: December 15, 2014, 01:42:10 pm »

wooh, school wifi and proxies

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: December 15, 2014, 01:57:59 pm »

quick, torrent all dem illegal files
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: December 15, 2014, 02:01:31 pm »

fuck yeah, posting on bay12 in homeroom

shit, i have enough freetime in homeroom where I can play a full match of dota

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: December 15, 2014, 02:06:25 pm »

Woo! Just finished my first two finals, and I get to leave early tomorrow and the day after since I only have one final for those!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: December 15, 2014, 02:09:32 pm »

my ap human geography midterm's tomorrow
studying like a bitch
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 685