Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499808 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Game mechanics fun time
« Reply #8820 on: January 26, 2015, 08:04:58 pm »

Caes is the Abrahamic god, right?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: January 26, 2015, 08:07:26 pm »

Caes is the Abrahamic god, right?
Yes. If the Abrahamic god was a psychotic nutjob with dissociative personality disorder and a burning hatred of the faiths that worship it due to flooding them with standardized prayers.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: January 26, 2015, 08:08:45 pm »

Therefor she must have a paradise? I mean, it's not like you'd get 72 virgins when you die, but it does exist?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: January 26, 2015, 08:15:38 pm »

Therefor she must have a paradise? I mean, it's not like you'd get 72 virgins when you die, but it does exist?
Well, that's where there were uh, issues. You see, GWG was the first person to establish the afterlives and Heaven was meant to just be bureaucracy that ran the universe and which just took people if they were obedient and could follow orders without question. But then well, Ragnarok's stuff ended up interfering with it, so I can't entirely remember all the details but if memory serves, Caes' "paradise" is Heaven, except Heaven is filled planet-killing eldritch abominations with a burning hatred of void (even though Caes and Void share the same soul, are technical siblings and lovers) and people without an assigned afterlife might be sent there by the Grim Reaper (but seeing as that was established by Elf who quit, and I defined the Grim Reaper and also quit, that bit may be obsolete).

You'd probably want to contact Ragnarok on steam or skype, since everyone else involved with that part of the lore either got banned or just quit.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: January 26, 2015, 08:20:48 pm »

Well, that's where there were uh, issues. You see, GWG was the first person to establish the afterlives and Heaven was meant to just be bureaucracy that ran the universe and which just took people if they were obedient and could follow orders without question. But then well, Ragnarok's stuff ended up interfering with it, so I can't entirely remember all the details but if memory serves, Caes' "paradise" is Heaven, except Heaven is filled planet-killing eldritch abominations with a burning hatred of void (even though Caes and Void share the same soul, are technical siblings and lovers) and people without an assigned afterlife might be sent there by the Grim Reaper (but seeing as that was established by Elf who quit, and I defined the Grim Reaper and also quit, that bit may be obsolete).

You'd probably want to contact Ragnarok on steam or skype, since everyone else involved with that part of the lore either got banned or just quit.
Not quite, I believe that all gods, or most of them, have an afterlife. Heaven has first dibs on souls and if they don't take them they let all the gods have a grab. If none of THOSE guys take you you become some demon's.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: January 26, 2015, 08:21:19 pm »

Yep. Bartimaeus learned how to summon Osmodius. Say his name three times with a burning desire in your heart. Or soul. whichever one is stronger.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: January 27, 2015, 12:21:27 am »

so, nobody posting northsdale stuff?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: January 27, 2015, 12:43:59 am »

Lolnope, that'd take effort  :P

So no-one is running a plot before alucard and Ashley get back? Sweet, we could use a lull.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: January 27, 2015, 12:48:30 am »

Can we just seriously skip this damn Fae plot for the Twilight Sigil? It has been well over a month now for what I thought might take a week... I've been giving Ashley exp from the plots because I know she would've taken part if she wasn't stuck in this, and so she doesn't fall behind... I'll halt this if it's not okay. I just hate being halted because a GM isn't keeping up with their plot...
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: January 27, 2015, 01:06:21 am »

Sure fuck it I can't tell when you lot have actually bloody responded anyway since the IC gets spammed with half a dozen new pages every day.

Although jeezus shit is being able to attack twice in one turn with counterattack and 120 base stat total not enough for you?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: January 27, 2015, 01:38:57 am »

You could ask us to get our actions, maybe...?

And exp is kind of precious. Especially at these early levels.

And I'm not going to spam the double strike, and the counter-strikes are limited to one per turn currently (which is only activated on missed melee attacks)... I don't get why the double-strikes are such a big deal?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 01:47:55 am by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: January 27, 2015, 06:02:23 am »

And I'm not going to spam the double strike, and the counter-strikes are limited to one per turn currently (which is only activated on missed melee attacks)... I don't get why the double-strikes are such a big deal?
It pairs with her ulti too well, to the point where she could probably one-hit a boss since it effectively lets her do twice the damage.

Also, wouldn't it be better to invest in more health rather than defense/resistance?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: January 27, 2015, 06:16:18 am »

def/res scrub stats, maxing health is best meta

The double-strikes are like the pinnacle of being for the munchkin. Literally double damage.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:19:26 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: January 27, 2015, 06:29:09 am »

It scales with her stats, too...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: January 27, 2015, 06:30:29 am »

You see, what I fail to understand about this game is the tendency for people to complain about various matters after they get approved.
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 685