Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499935 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: So many grenades, so little shipping
« Reply #8910 on: January 29, 2015, 05:09:49 pm »

Of course you have to send it for approval. Same with all other secret shit.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8911 on: January 29, 2015, 10:30:39 pm »

I feel the need to ask, Void is seperated from Creation by the Wall of Stars, right? So how does Alucard/Ashley create bits of Void to fling at their enemies? Do they pierce the Wall or Stars to draw Void energy or is it easier than that?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm fleshing out Dalia's parasite a bit beyond its current pointlessness, and I figure that you could get a really high energy gradient if you used Void energy to destroy Creation in a controlled manner. This would translate into a lot of energy/power for the parasite to grow and reproduce, more than if it simply siphoned off magic. Plus that could draw the attention of Heaven and angels for future plot drama and complications, since it is literally eating away at the universe. Though I would understand if people weren't too keen on that idea since it might affect other plots and lore in a negative manner. The concept of a parasite eating away at the universe is still pretty cool, or at least it is to me.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8912 on: January 29, 2015, 11:49:22 pm »

So is Void basically just Anti-matter but Anti-Energy instead of matter, then?

Because it seems like the catastrophe that is it's lore(in terms of coherency and agreed-upon-ness and such, that is) is only continuing to mount.

Also Dalia has a parasite now, too?

Like Kaotaro?

Oh God the shipping triangle will become a singularity if I ever actually RP her.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8913 on: January 29, 2015, 11:59:11 pm »

Because it seems like the catastrophe that is it's lore(in terms of coherency and agreed-upon-ness and such, that is) is only continuing to mount.

The only reason it is like the way it is, simply is because of a misunderstanding of who took over after Rag left.
Also, sense I don't know anything about Anti-Matter, or Anti-Energy and their properties, I say neither.
For now, it is as simple as, it absorbs Creation matter. Unless, say, you were a Voidwalker or had some other special way of getting through without dying terribly.

I feel the need to ask, Void is seperated from Creation by the Wall of Stars, right? So how does Alucard/Ashley create bits of Void to fling at their enemies? Do they pierce the Wall or Stars to draw Void energy or is it easier than that?
They literally conjure void energies into their hands. However, due to them supposedly piercing through the Wall of Stars, it saps their mana. So it's not necessarily the conjuring of void itself, it's more of the issue of the Wall of Stars sapping their mana whenever they use spells in Creation. Theoretically, there'd be no mana cost for them in the void.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8914 on: January 30, 2015, 12:07:05 am »

Theoretically, there'd be no mana cost for them in the void.
That sounds like yet another argument waiting to happen :P

I suppose you could say it's like antimatter. Except extremely inconsistent about the energy release.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: January 30, 2015, 12:12:36 am »

I'm not necessarily saying in this specific system, there's no mana cost for void beings while in the void.
In an ideal system that makes sense with lore, there would be none. But it's really no big deal because balance :P

I mean, I suppose they'd just get increased mana regeneration since that's the source of mana for void beings. In this system, at least.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8916 on: January 30, 2015, 12:13:55 am »

But then wouldn't everyone else get MP regeneration boosts for being in Creation then? After all, they are beings of it with abilities derived from it :P

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: January 30, 2015, 12:16:13 am »

Well, no. Their mana is based out of the Wall of Stars as stated by lore.

Also, Emp, why exactly are you posting in here? You don't even play the game anymore...
I mean, I do like you, don't get me wrong.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8918 on: January 30, 2015, 12:20:24 am »

I'm interested in the balancing and administration, after all, few games really give players that much control over matters (not to say that this is doing too good a job of that all things considered :P though it certainly isn't crashing and burning either) so it's an interesting, specimen.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: January 30, 2015, 12:23:42 am »

Ah, fair enough. Makes sense, really. Just never got the chance to ask why you still stick around haha :P

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: January 30, 2015, 12:27:51 am »

of course using void magic in the void is free. I mean anything that is in the void already has to have a way to be immune to the void eating away at them, so it would deal no damage anyway. Also, it's not much effort. It's like trying to summon a fistful of air. Open your hand and bam, it's already there
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: January 30, 2015, 12:31:50 am »

I was actually going to make the same point with the example of filling a watergun underwater, and firing it underwater. Same effect, really...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: January 30, 2015, 12:48:07 am »

question:

If anti-matter and matter colliding creates energy as the two annihilate each other

would anti-energy and energy interacting create matter?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8923 on: January 30, 2015, 12:58:43 am »

Closest thing I know of would be negative energy which is just there to balance out energy in a system for a conservation law (even though it seems to be possible to bypass it anyway). Since it would have negative mass as well (since mass is energy and if the energy is negative...), I'd imagine that it wouldn't be able to generate matter or anti-matter and would instead just cancel out without any particularly interesting effects.

That sort of thing tends to be interesting for other reasons. Such as possibly allowing for the creation of spacecraft that move at seemingly faster than light speeds (not truly, they just distort space) that also may or may not irradiate/annihilate their destination with massive amounts of accelerated radiation.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #8924 on: January 30, 2015, 02:00:05 am »

Well I guess in this system anti-energy would be shit from the Void and it'd cause weird dimension shit but I'm not actually in the game right now so I can't really say much.

HOWEVER

Since talk of stats came up again fuck it I'll start a series of posts that will likely not come very often that can basically be described as

EXPLAINING WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH NEXT TA'S SYSTEMS AND SHIT.

Because I'm bored and it's semi-relevant shut up. :P

Spoiler: STAT SHIT (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 685