Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499758 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge
« Reply #10170 on: June 27, 2015, 12:02:24 am »

you say that, but icarus has like a million different elemental attacks now
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: June 27, 2015, 01:24:25 am »

since when can summoned shadows use abilities other than shadow magic? Is Tobias now some sort of pocket Sen, who can just summon abilities as they are needed?
He... He's done this before.....?

I don't see how one type of shadow having only healing magic is a big deal? I'm fairly sure I stated before that there are more than just one type of shadows?

Shadows are really really limited. Especially in this system. You'd see a lot more of /natural, passive/ abilities, if I felt like it. Lore states a lot of these, but eh, I'm ignoring it so certain people don't get pissy.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:29:40 am by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: June 27, 2015, 10:31:39 am »

Why would shadows have healing magic?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: June 27, 2015, 10:53:44 am »

eh, it's fine with me, Tobias may summon the shadow and it may heal Linda.

Though I am a little annoyed as to why this shadow being would have this very specific set of stats. If you are going to argue that shadows have diverse skill-sets, fine by me, they seem to be actual intelligent and diverse beings with their own lifes and interests. what annoys me is that if you are going to argue that, the stats should reflect that. No somewhat believable being would have a 1 in every stat, except like 60 points in mag, which is arch-mage, no, even higher levels of semi divine magical power, and then just enough mana to use 2-3 healing spells. This is not just minmaxing to ensure the heal succeeds, its really, really heavily overdoing it. 2 of 4 of projecs chars are already immortal, with Ashley and Tobias reforming in their respective realms and respawning a while later, and Isaac can create barriers that are literaly indestructible, allowing him to make himself, or anyone else for that matter, untouchable. Now the only non-immortal character is in danger, and this is the solution for to solve the problem?

its something I will allow because Projec has stated very clearly that Linda dying would ruin his fun in the game, but I still think that it would have been a lot more fun and dramatic if people somehow tried to bring Alice and Linda together, for Alice to save her with the last bit of mana she has, rather than the solution just popping up conveniently, in a very heavy tone of "These stats make sure there is no way of the heal failing other than fudging the roll."

For the future, I would be happy if this stays a somewhat isolated incident. If shadows can have diverse magical abilities, I am fine with that, but if their stats get minmaxed so the shadow sets the record for the highest mag stat in the game, while also setting the record for the 6 lowest other stats in the game, this may turn into a very convenient "summon shadow to solve any problem" solution, that in the long run robs all players the chance of actually finding another, more satisfying solution, and the GMs are robbed of the chance of making problems that can not be solved by just summoning a shadow that has just the perfect ability and the perfect stats to do whatever is needed in that instant.

really, I am not mad, but please try to look at this from a GMs perspective and tell me this is not problematic.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10174 on: June 27, 2015, 11:20:33 am »

Why would shadows have healing magic?
Well shadow magic used by shadow shamans has natural healing properties when focused properly. The reason for this being that shadow beings are made from lost souls in Creation, and few of those souls are from past healers. It only makes sense that their souls would carry healing properties deep down.

As for you Akroma, I'll have you know that none of my characters are unkillable. Ashley definitely has ways of dying and not coming back. That just hasn't happened. Tobias, whenever he dies, he loses his physical form and gets banished back to the Shadow Court forever unable to leave the Shadowlands again. That's only because his soul is bound there. After all, all shadow beings are souls bound to the Shadowlands. As for Isaac, while his projections are unable to be broken, stuff can go through them. He's a rather physically weak mage. Easy to kill. I'm surprised you didn't target him with the solar flares, to be honest.

Now for the shadow... its stats are following lore. Shadow Shamans are the weakest manifestations that can be summoned from the Shadowlands, and the largest they can be summoned as are 75 stat base. They're known for their healing miracles of extreme quality and accuracy. They're also known as something extremely easy to eliminate because often, they only take a form that's as thick as a twig. And before you say that none of this information was presented, all of the standing lore was available in the Shadowlands while I gave the group ample time to read and study about the land. I even encouraged it.

Also, a note: I've only summoned these when I deemed necessary. Aka, for Sen and now that Linda got hit with something that would require intensive healing care. Or what would be called a miracle, with the way you put it in words in IC. It's also not something that would be spammed. It makes sense IC why Tobias would summon it, with Linda and Sydney down, with Alice nowhere to be seen. Shadow Shamans are not a common commodity at all.

Though I do find it funny that almost every road I turn down, I see you there questioning me as if you don't trust me. I mean, I'm a Co-GM for gods sake. I'm here to make sure shit goes over well.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 11:23:48 am by Projeck37 »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: June 27, 2015, 12:47:46 pm »

forum ate my turn. My post was....long

I will now binge-eat frustration based icecream. Also, late shift tomorrow, so likely no post tomorrow. tada

edit: oh it seems it didnt, phew
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:49:27 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: June 27, 2015, 12:51:37 pm »

finally
my disgust at being unable to formulate my ideas for the RWBY roleplay has made me focused enough to make my app for this one
now watch me as I forget it for another four weeks
thincake

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10177 on: June 27, 2015, 01:50:22 pm »

yay...i guess...?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: June 29, 2015, 06:55:27 pm »

Finally arrived in Miami for vacation  :P

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: June 30, 2015, 11:02:16 am »

sigh, two days ago I cut through my thumbnail, usualy the second most common injury for a cook, and no biggie. but that shit kept opening up again and again, bleeding like a bitch, so I got a doctor to look at it, turns out a) I injured my bone (oh wtf?`) and b) that shit got infected. So now they put this cucumber sized bandage around my thumb BUT.. no sick-leave. I still have to work like this, unable to move the fucking finger. I have to keep the bandage clean, but there is no fucking rubber glove big enough that I could fit it around. greeaaat

turn later today, sorry about the low rate

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: July 04, 2015, 05:27:42 am »

I'm going to go ahead and Say I'm officially dropping this cluster fuck :3
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:03:27 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: July 04, 2015, 05:35:00 am »

I'm sorry to hear that.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: July 04, 2015, 06:10:57 am »

I believe I'll be dropping this as well. I've kind of lost interest in this primarily combat-focused 'RP', even though I enjoy my characters. :-\
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:49:02 am by Projeck37 »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: July 04, 2015, 06:25:41 am »

I'm sorry to hear that too.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher