Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chaos Theory Beta v1.01  (Read 12467 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Chaos Theory Beta v1.01
« on: June 15, 2014, 07:59:02 pm »

In the beginning, there was nothing.
Armok created the land, the sea, and the sky, as well as light.
Seeing as how this was very boring, he created plants and animals.
With the animal violence not giving enough bloodshed, he created dwarves, and they were drunk.
Needing trading partners, he created humans, and they were tall.
Deciding that there was not enough conflict in the world, he created goblins, and they were blue and green.
To protect the forests from lots of magma, to his own dismay, he created elves, and they were hippies.
For millions of iterations of worlds, all was well. However, this perfect system of dwarves trading with humans, dwarves burning elves, and dwarves stabbing goblins, was starting to get boring.
So Armok created other gods. These gods mediated lesser forces, like murder, fortresses, gems, and love. Most of them acted as simple inspiration for the weak-willed but strong-minded, but some acquired too much power. Some created necromancers, others werebeasts and vampires. However, two immortal enemies were not sufficed by such things. One, the mediator of life, longevity, and happiness, created the Fallens from pure calm. The other, the mediator of murder, thrallness, and anger, created the Risens out of pure anger. After millions upon millions of years' worth of wars, the corpses of the Fallens and the Risens fused with the very stone that makes up the majority of the world, creating new metals. The calm metal is very cold and the angry metal is very hot. In the midst of all this, new weaponry was invented, to make killing things much easier. In an unrelated event by an elven god, two new plants were created.

(THUS ENDS THE LORE)

Chaos Theory adds two new races, the Fallens and the Risens. Both can be played as along with Dwarves. It also introduces the Shredder, the placeholder Deepcutter, the Pistol and its Bullet, and the Axegun and its Hatchet. Two new ores, Blizzerite and Netherite, as well as their associated metals, Blizzerium and Netherium, are also included.

It can be downloaded here.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Note that Chaos Theory is in beta and will introduce many new things over time, as well as bug fixes. Please mention all bugs, major or minor, on this thread.
I am also open to suggestions, although I cannot guarantee any of them will be included.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Theory Beta v1.0
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 12:23:01 pm »

I'll check this mod out when I get the chance.  :)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Theory Beta v1.0
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 01:14:48 pm »

Finally, a reply!
Thanks! If you can, give feedback, suggestions, and bring up any and all bugs.
Once I get back completely from vacation, I'll work on v1.1, whose contents I already have planned but need to actually mod.
Here's one of the things I have planned:
Another deep metal
That's not all, but the rest is a surprise.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Theory Beta v1.0, v1.1 coming soon!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 10:45:47 am »

Haha, I'm almost back from vacation.  Just one more day. Been away from my computer for so long, can't wait to get back into some action. I'll continue on my fort, trying to find bugs and the like.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Theory Beta v1.0, v1.1 coming soon!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 02:43:13 pm »

Thanks.
V1.1 is taking much longer than I anticipated, but except it to be tweaked for DF2014, with a DF2012 release also available, in case the bugginess of new versions bothers people.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Theory Beta v1.0, v1.01 coming soon!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 04:10:54 pm »

Change of plans:
v1.01 will be the DF2014 overhaul with v1.1 coming out afterwards, since what I already have complete must be modified, too.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 12:03:23 pm »

Are you going to update this mod in the new version or are you just going to rework it from the ground up again?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 07:51:47 pm »

Once I get the time (between distractions and other things), it'll be tweaked for v1.01 - v1.1 will involve slightly better tweaks.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Theory Beta v1.01
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 06:36:35 pm »

Updated for DF2014.
Time to work on v1.1, finally.
Sneak peak for everyone: Wizards are a caste of humans with a bunch of random magicks.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 02:50:32 am »

Magic eh? I can see many uses for these mages.  :P

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 04:18:29 pm »

Your risen love to perform magic already. Two of them are floating in midair right now.

EDIT: When ever a caravan comes and goes, the guards stay and decide to fly a few tiles into the air with nothing to grab on.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:08:05 pm by Aristion »
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 08:05:46 am »

Fliers are still somewhat bugged in fortress mode.
It's no trouble at all to build a stair up to them, though.