Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316746 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #720 on: August 11, 2014, 02:22:17 pm »

How can I add rough gems to the list of items that dwarves can bring on the caravan and request in trade agreements?
Also, is it possible to make the dwarven outpost liaison continue to visit after receiving the monarch, for the purpose of trade agreements?
AFAIK those are hardcoded.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 11, 2014, 02:28:14 pm »

Is there a way to limit to 1 the amount of aquifer layers on a map ?

I know how to remove aquifer from the raws from the wiki but i would still like to keep them but instead of the numerous 2 , 3 or more aquifer layers i encounter in current version, i would like to only have to deal with 1.
Not really but an alternative  would to only put the [AQUIFER] tag on materials that don't form actual layers (see microline for how to make it still take up 1 whole embark z-level) to lessen the chance of aquifers stacked on aquifers.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 11, 2014, 02:36:31 pm »

Thank you, i'll read into that.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 11, 2014, 02:40:30 pm »

The layer-stones with aquifers like sandstone are what most frequently cause multi-level aquifers.  You could also keep aquifers only for soil, so that you get at most two layers for very deep soil, and one layer otherwise.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 11, 2014, 03:12:14 pm »

Thanks, that should makes things more interesting for me if it's only soil.

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 11, 2014, 04:54:15 pm »

Can I use a syndrome to change a goblin to my civ. so that I can control him like a dwarf?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #726 on: August 11, 2014, 05:20:48 pm »

Can I use a syndrome to change a goblin to my civ. so that I can control him like a dwarf?
No. Make-Own, a dfhack plugin can do it, but not raw modding alone.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 12, 2014, 07:46:05 am »

another tileset question:
lesser size of tileset file (i mean Kilobytes, not pixels) = higher FPS. Does this rule work in general, or is there something i missing?
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #728 on: August 12, 2014, 08:24:02 am »

another tileset question:
lesser size of tileset file (i mean Kilobytes, not pixels) = higher FPS. Does this rule work in general, or is there something i missing?
Tilesets and graphics have no affect what so ever on FPS. Not at all. (Rendermax Light and Text-will-be-Text Multilevel, the dfhack plugins that add extra renderers do, they are an exception, because they add extra scripts that run.)

The size of the png does have an affect on one thing only, and that is the amount of time it needs to save/load a region. I noticed that when going from a 16x16 tileset to a 64x64 tileset, but even then its not much.

PS Techincal stuff: Its determined by the speed your harddrive can write the files into the new folders. I use a SDD now, so its almost instantly. FPS ingame is determined by CPU.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:26:04 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 12, 2014, 08:43:30 am »

FPS ingame is determined by CPU.
Ok, thanks
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 12, 2014, 04:16:18 pm »

I've started looking at creature variations and the way VBASE does things, but I can't quite figure out if something I want to do is possible.

Namely, I want to swap out the [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:LEATHER] tag from the SKIN_TEMPLATE to something else ( like LEATHER_THICK )

Anyone know if that's possible? Would something like this work?

[CV_CONVERT_TAG][CVCT_MASTER:MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT][CVCT_TARGET:LEATHER][CVCT_REPLACEMENT:LEATHER_THICK]

Sadly, I'm not going to be able to do any tests until probably Thursday, but I do have lunch breaks where I can work on raws.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #731 on: August 12, 2014, 09:51:16 pm »

So, will adding the    [ITEM_THIEF] token to all the entities make them go to war with you if you kill the thieves or does thief killing have nothing to do with wars? I am curious.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:54:00 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 12, 2014, 09:52:42 pm »

I've started looking at creature variations and the way VBASE does things, but I can't quite figure out if something I want to do is possible.

Namely, I want to swap out the [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:LEATHER] tag from the SKIN_TEMPLATE to something else ( like LEATHER_THICK )

Anyone know if that's possible? Would something like this work?

[CV_CONVERT_TAG][CVCT_MASTER:MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT][CVCT_TARGET:LEATHER][CVCT_REPLACEMENT:LEATHER_THICK]

Sadly, I'm not going to be able to do any tests until probably Thursday, but I do have lunch breaks where I can work on raws.

Should work.

You could also make it much more... extensible by making it go like this:

[CV_CONVERT_TAG][CVCT_MASTER:MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT][CVCT_TARGET:!ARG1][CVCT_REPLACEMENT:!ARG2]

And then you can use the creature variation (let's call it REPLACE_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT) like this:

[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:REPLACE_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:LEATHER:LEATHER_THICK]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:54:24 pm by Putnam »

PLANKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 12, 2014, 10:05:57 pm »

If I wanted to transfer a modded creature from 2012 to 2014 what would I need to change? If someone could point me in the right direction that be great.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 12, 2014, 10:21:38 pm »

If I wanted to transfer a modded creature from 2012 to 2014 what would I need to change? If someone could point me in the right direction that be great.

Some things from this version are
- Gaits, which replace the earlier [SPEED:x] and [SWIM_SPEED:x] tags.  Movement is generally more complex, and there are gaits with different settings for walking, flying, climbing, swimming, etc.  There's a table in the /raw/object/notes/ of different numbers corresponding to a speed.
- Attacks now have timings in [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:x:x].  You don't really need them since it naturally defaults to 3:3, but can still be important in attacks like kicks, which have slower timings (4:4).  There are also allowance and penalty flags for multiattacking (generally kicks and tailslaps are bad multiattack, hydrae and ettins have no-penalty multiattacking bites)
- Necks are now an actual thing.  Without them the THROAT and NECK (actually upper spine) parts don't connect.  If you have a [BODY:HUMANOID] creature, generally it's changed to [BODY:HUMANOID_NECK], and likewise for quadrupeds and so on.
- Low light vision for underground creatures like dwarves.
- Odours.  Not really necessary since the tags have default values, but humans and dwarves have poor sense of smell.  Inorganic creatures generally have no detectable smell.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:24:24 pm by samanato »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 247