Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316636 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3600 on: November 15, 2015, 03:03:13 pm »

Duplicated raws are only caused by having two objects with the same name, never two tokens of the same type

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: November 15, 2015, 05:02:13 pm »

Bit of a dumb, random question here, but what with the fascination with wagons of the DF community, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) has anyone ever tried duplicating the raws of a wagon, but changing the name etc of one and making it able to pull wagons?

Just in case the game only lets wagons which are wagons in the raws be multi tiled, and doesn't let wagons be pulled by the same creature type? Or is the not how raw duplication works? My understanding of it doesn't go much deeper than the fact it puts your computer on LSD.
One wheel short of a wagon

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: November 15, 2015, 06:46:35 pm »

Bit of a dumb, random question here, but what with the fascination with wagons of the DF community, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) has anyone ever tried duplicating the raws of a wagon, but changing the name etc of one and making it able to pull wagons?

Just in case the game only lets wagons which are wagons in the raws be multi tiled, and doesn't let wagons be pulled by the same creature type? Or is the not how raw duplication works? My understanding of it doesn't go much deeper than the fact it puts your computer on LSD.
I think someone tried, once. I don't remember exactly, but it was either a single-tile "wagon" creature, or it simply didn't show up.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: November 15, 2015, 07:45:59 pm »

Derp, have to ask something again.

Basically, I'm making a reaction that takes CORPSE as a reagent. Things such as dead yak cows work fine. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow dwarf corpses to be used in the reaction. Which would kind of defeat the point, as...

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_SOYLENT_GREEN]
  [NAME:make soylent green]
  [BUILDING:STILL_LARGE:NONE]
  [REAGENT:A:1:CORPSE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[UNROTTEN]
[USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
[PRODUCT:100:15:PLANT_GROWTH:GREEN:PLANT_MAT:SOYLENT:GREEN]
[SKILL:BREWING]

...yeah.

Is the problem due to dwarven ethics not allowing them to use their corpses as reagants? I thought it'd only applied to butchering and eating. :-\

Likely has more to do with hard-coded entity-race-corpse behaviour than to do with ethics. For example, Elf Forts tend to favour burying the dead than to use them for bone-crafts, in my experience.

Small question.

Right now I'm doing a Glacier fort, and my only material so far is Ice.

As far as I know it's impossible to make ice tables, statues, doors and such, but is there any way to make that possible?

Yea, make reactions to create these items, and have the reagents require water boulders. Be warned: they will melt if left indoors. Caves are warmer than the surface.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: November 16, 2015, 05:05:15 am »

Been researching this for SLADE.

Like Teneb said, if you try and get wagons to pull wagons, you will either get 1-tile wagons or they'll scuttle. The [EQUIPMENT_WAGON] tag is the one that makes creatures behave like a wagon. One of those behaviours include instant-scuttlefication if they are not being pulled.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: November 16, 2015, 12:12:36 pm »

Thanks, I guess raw duping won't help then.
One wheel short of a wagon

Dozebôm Lolumzalės

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3606 on: November 16, 2015, 07:34:01 pm »

Can you make hunters use a different ranged weapon? If there are many available ranged weapons for their civ, will they just randomly pick? (Can you choose which one they use in the military screen?)

Can you make a reaction produce/use the "small stones" seen in adv. mode?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: November 16, 2015, 07:52:14 pm »

Can you make hunters use a different ranged weapon? If there are many available ranged weapons for their civ, will they just randomly pick? (Can you choose which one they use in the military screen?)

Can you make a reaction produce/use the "small stones" seen in adv. mode?

Weapons are selected randomly. The only requirement is that the weapon is ranged. You can only select the ammo they use, in the military ammunition screen. Better to have professional military do your hunting. Easier to control that way.

The item ID of the small rocks used in Adventure Mode is ROCK. You should be able to use it in reactions.

Dozebôm Lolumzalės

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3608 on: November 16, 2015, 09:14:14 pm »

Thanks! I'm making a hunter/gatherer/pastoral race, and thought it'd be fitting to have them knap. Knapping is a usable skill, right?
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: November 16, 2015, 09:19:14 pm »

Thanks! I'm making a hunter/gatherer/pastoral race, and thought it'd be fitting to have them knap. Knapping is a usable skill, right?

Of course. It just doesn't get any use outside of Adventure Mode.

Dozebôm Lolumzalės

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3610 on: November 16, 2015, 09:22:45 pm »

I'm trying to think of how I could make a "throwing" ranged weapon. Its skill would of course be throwing.

Is it possible to have a ranged weapon without a quiver?

Would it work fine for hunters even if the used skill isn't military?

Could it work for militiapeople too?
Sigtext!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: November 16, 2015, 10:07:22 pm »

You need quivers to hold ammo.

Hunters may use ranged weapons, even if the weapons do not use a traditional ranged skill. Ammo management may be a bit difficult for hunters though, if you have more than one type of ranged weapon/ammo.

Ditto for militia, though since there is no thrower profession, their graphics will probably stay as recruits if they do not have an actual military skill.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: November 18, 2015, 08:20:21 am »

How does CAN_BE_HIDDEN in the vampire example interactions work? Just curious about this, since there's not much info around.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: November 18, 2015, 12:29:31 pm »

How does CAN_BE_HIDDEN in the vampire example interactions work? Just curious about this, since there's not much info around.

Best guess is that it is what allows vampires to hide their identity. I haven't seen the tag on the wiki, and I'm on my phone, so I can't do more than guess at the moment, unfortunately.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: November 18, 2015, 01:01:44 pm »

Best guess is that it is what allows vampires to hide their identity. I haven't seen the tag on the wiki, and I'm on my phone, so I can't do more than guess at the moment, unfortunately.
Yeah, it's not on the wiki. I suppose it's the token that lets the vampire pretend to be normal? Though it can only be used as an argument in CE_DISPLAY_TILE and CE_DISPLAY_NAME.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 247