Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Conquest [Landgrab/Risk-esque]  (Read 7921 times)

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest [Landgrab/Risk-esque]
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2014, 12:47:05 pm »

Rheikmark, you do realise that I've got an expansionist Crushitania gearing up for war on the border and he will soon have 22 units in 14. Which outnumbers my entire military. It would be unfeasible for me to engage in war with Toran when Crushitania's only expansion option is south towards me.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2014, 01:38:23 pm »

They have an option to expand south east, without the loss of their men, I see no issue with you orchestrating a truce with them. March north, or prepare to march south, to your inevitable doom.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2014, 01:46:44 pm »

Rheikmark, please cease these hostilities towards the USIR. We have already come to an agreement, and I do not want one of my allies invading another one of my allies.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2014, 01:48:10 pm »

PTWing.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2014, 01:56:52 pm »

An ally is only of use if it acts, if I had a border with the Toran Republic, by today we would be feasting in their capital today. instead you ally squirms and hides at the smallest of threats, I plan to act, on your behalf, to further out alliance.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2014, 02:49:43 pm »

Shamrock, give me 38 and I'll agree on the NAP.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2014, 03:21:33 pm »

An ally is only of use if it acts, if I had a border with the Toran Republic, by today we would be feasting in their capital today. instead you ally squirms and hides at the smallest of threats, I plan to act, on your behalf, to further out alliance.
Great speech there. But may I remind you of your past actions. You prevented my expansion into the centre with the threat of war when I was threatened and needed to bolster my troops. You attempted to push me into a definite war with the Z empire and their possible ally Crushitania calling it the smallest of threats. You have ensured that I have not had the resources to fight a war on my own and limiting the aid I can render.

You claim that if you had a border with Toran you would be in the capital. While undoubtedly true now, you aren't in my situation. You have had expansion free of competition in the south. This has allowed you to build a strong powerbase meanwhile, I have been threatened on all sides for land. I have shifting alliances all around and no secure borders. We can't all have the sea you know. I had a claustrophobic starting position and you are criticising me for it.

Huh, He is trying to turn me against the east. I dont trust him. If he makes headway against Cinnabar, strike into his soft underbelly, it will give you a much more powerful foothold, and bargaining with Cinnabar.
You also sent me this PM urging me to push against Toran and take his land. If I had followed through with this, I could have been fighting a two front war vs the Toran and Z, Crush land grab. I would have lost land to the Z and Crush push. You might also have seized territories 88 and 30 while I was losing and apparent I was going to die. I would have been left in a much weakened position. Cinnabar would have two routes of expansion. Me or you. Now I being the much weaker target would be an obvious choice. Also your claim at the end even though it makes sense doesn't pass inspection. What bargaining would I gain? Even if I was successful and Z and Crush fought amongst themselves and didn't invade, Cinnabar would still only have two avenues of expansion me or you. It gives you, not me bargaining power with Cinnabar as he needs an ally for expansion while you have been consolidating power in the south. My position is also weaker defensively than your with no rivers to defend like you. So you are attempting to force Cinnabar into invading the U.S.I.R. I must applaud you for commendable manipulation sir.

(I apologise for that long winded bit.)

Shamrock, give me 38 and I'll agree on the NAP.
Done
U.S.I.R.
1 - 28 to 27
1 - 18 to 24
1 - 18 to 21
1 - 18 to 19
2 - 89 to 17

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2014, 03:32:40 pm »

Camarilla
1 from 25 to 37
3 from 25 to 23
7 from 40 to 25
1 from 53 to 54
4 from 46 to 48
7 from 43 to 40

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2014, 03:49:33 pm »

When you are surrounded by foes, you do not cower behind a shield, you look for the weakest foe and strike against them, defeating them, and gain breathing room. I pressed you to help an ally who, I had gotten PMs from both you and Toran, was threatened by the Toran republic, asking for my blade to strike into a loyal allies back, with you pretty much asking for my opinion on who to strike against, remain loyal to Cinnabar, or join the Torans. I believed that the Eastern Kingdoms, while allied, were not a threat as infighting over territory would tear them apart, for a time till one wins out, with the Z empire gone, he can now expand south, focusing any threat there, and you can continue to help our mutual ally, however, with the insult of calling us manipulative, when we were simply working for the betterment of the Northern Coalition, is an affront I cannot stand.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2014, 04:22:08 pm »

If it makes you feel better USIR, I was preparing to march troops into your lands in your defence when Z and Crush were preparing to launch an attack. It was going to be gloriously martyristic of me. But then Z left.  >:(
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2014, 04:53:57 pm »

The Battle of Cinnabar-Toran Bridge
5,000 vs 4,000
Cinnabar: 5+3-1 (7)
Toran Republic: 4+2+1 (7)

Cinnabar: 5+4-1 (8)
Toran Republic: 4+3+1 (8)

Cinnabar: 5+4-1 (8)
Toran Republic: 4+1+1 (6)

Cinnabar Losses: 3,000
Toran Republic Losses: 4,000

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2014, 05:00:59 pm »

If it makes you feel better USIR, I was preparing to march troops into your lands in your defence when Z and Crush were preparing to launch an attack. It was going to be gloriously martyristic of me. But then Z left.  >:(
That makes me feel so much better.  :D

Elfeater, arguably my best target would have been Cinnabar, as I was promised non aggression from Z and Crush which Crush confirmed, defence from both should I be attacked afterwards. I was also promised to keep what I conquer, the border was weak and Toran was stronger. So by your logic I should have attacked your ally as it was the best deal available at the time.

So you are attempting to force Cinnabar into invading the U.S.I.R. I must applaud you for commendable manipulation sir.
Please not the use of the singular term sir. It has been bolded for you.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2014, 05:03:12 pm »

A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2014, 05:05:00 pm »

Consume 5 on 92 to make a new rally point.
Destroy rally point at 94.
All from 115 to 114.
All from 93 to 92.
All from 94 to 93.

Edit;
I was under the illusion that I started the war with Cinnabar. Turns out, he attacked me first. Now who is the aggressor here? I have not attacked anybody first, if anything I've offered to defend. We are a republic, and as a republic, we have no interest in war beyond survival.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:08:23 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2014, 05:12:20 pm »

Cinnabar

1 from 102 to 101.
All from 103 to 102.
All from 105 to 103.
1 from 109 to 108.
1 from 112 to 108.

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12