Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 357585 times)

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1350 on: April 29, 2015, 07:16:06 am »

It's a Kickstarter stretch goal, so this gameplay mode will be added later on. When they add it, I am pretty sure that I will play in this mode only, since it offers extended & enhanced gameplay [IE. looooooooong & epicly fun games!].  8)
Anyway, you can read about it here: http://thatwhichsleeps.gamepedia.com/Endless_Mode

...Is that going to be the long-term home of the wiki? It's really not a fun site to browse - Adblock takes out some of the formatting, making it impossible to read, but disabling adblock gets me bombarded with ads.

As the main wiki contributor I'm curious what your problem is. I use adblock as well, but I haven't had any problems with the formatting.
This wiki is what we are using for the game unless we get more complaints. This is the first I've heard about it at least. There's also an in game wiki along the lines of Civopedia.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 29, 2015, 07:20:52 am »

It's a Kickstarter stretch goal, so this gameplay mode will be added later on. When they add it, I am pretty sure that I will play in this mode only, since it offers extended & enhanced gameplay [IE. looooooooong & epicly fun games!].  8)
Anyway, you can read about it here: http://thatwhichsleeps.gamepedia.com/Endless_Mode

...Is that going to be the long-term home of the wiki? It's really not a fun site to browse - Adblock takes out some of the formatting, making it impossible to read, but disabling adblock gets me bombarded with ads.

I guess only KDG knows the proper answer to your question. I don't know too much about the wiki sites, which one is the best anyway?
A dead tree manual.

I've still got my Dominions 3. manual, because it's _THAT_ awesome and well detailed.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:32:39 am by gimli »

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 29, 2015, 05:32:26 pm »

As the main wiki contributor I'm curious what your problem is. I use adblock as well, but I haven't had any problems with the formatting.
This wiki is what we are using for the game unless we get more complaints. This is the first I've heard about it at least. There's also an in game wiki along the lines of Civopedia.

Ya know, I started looking into it, and I know what the problem was... but not what exactly happened.

The problem was that Firefox either wasn't loading the background image, wasn't properly caching the background image, or was failing to properly apply the background image:

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/thatwhichsleeps.gamepedia.com/1/1f/Background.jpg

After I dug up the link to the background image and loaded it separately, Firefox must've managed to cache it correctly because it now shows up just fine.

I hope my problems with the gigantic pile of ads without adblock are fairly explanatory, though - those don't leave a good impression.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 29, 2015, 05:48:14 pm »

Yeah, I'd probably be ok with the ads at the bottom, but the pop-up ad and the ad at the top really makes it feel a lot more like "hey I put this shitty fan site together for my internet browser game" than "this is the official wiki for the awesome game we made". Personally I usually disable my ad block on sites that I'd like to support to help them with revenue and all, but that's got so many obtrusive ones that the idea is pretty out of the picture at the moment.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 04, 2015, 07:54:02 am »

...aaaaaaaand here is Project Update 5-4-2015.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 04, 2015, 10:27:41 am »

I wish the images loaded. If someone has the images saved elsewhere, can you post them?
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 04, 2015, 11:17:28 am »

Here you go.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 04, 2015, 03:42:08 pm »

Here you go.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thanks!
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 01, 2015, 07:35:06 am »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 01, 2015, 11:34:29 am »

Finally...Project Update 6-1-2015!

TL;DR:  We bit off more then we can easily chew, so it's going to take awhile to get all the stuff we promised in kickstarter into the game.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: June 01, 2015, 12:02:37 pm »

Yeah, I am pretty sure that the v1.0 release date will be pushed back to Q3 or even Q4.
Anyway...more info about the delay:
"The last month has been a strange one - I had expected to be away for 10 days but it has unfortunately ended up being closer to double that. In addition, problems with the data structure and back-end (which is essentially the entire "game") continued for weeks before I had to leave leading up to a botched release of the Mod Tools to the Mod Backers. The game is simply so much more complex now than it ever was that the "little additions" grew too large for the underlying simplicity - we're in the process of fixing this now."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 01, 2015, 12:03:37 pm »

Disappointing but not surprising. I kind of dialed my hype back once the forums opened up, so I keep this game at the back of my mind for the most part.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: June 01, 2015, 03:39:49 pm »

You forgot to mention the most important part of the update: debate assassins are now a thing.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 01, 2015, 06:24:15 pm »

It's a kickstarter game. The last thing I ever expect when I back a game is that it's going to be released in a timely fashion. :p

As long as we get a quality product in the end, I really don't care.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: June 01, 2015, 06:45:02 pm »

It's a kickstarter game. The last thing I ever expect when I back a game is that it's going to be released in a timely fashion. :p

As long as we get a quality product in the end, I really don't care.

I don't remember if I posted it, but I did predict a christmas release.

All the best for KDG.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 210