Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 358827 times)

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #2070 on: April 03, 2016, 12:29:47 pm »

More pictures to gawk at while waiting for the Old Ones to wake up.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: April 03, 2016, 01:37:34 pm »

But it should wait past-alpha.
But... isn't it already in?  Or am I missing something?  (Havn't really been paying much attention.)
Regardless, it's a feature that was always in the game, this is just the first time we've seen a screenshot.  Asking him not to put it in until after alpha doesn't really make any sense because it's already there.
I believe this is what Zangi was saying.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: April 03, 2016, 08:34:36 pm »

Not exactly super significant, though. We know they can make pictures. But the gameplay isn't even stable/consistant enough to do gameplay videos yet, and there's no sign that this has changed.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: April 04, 2016, 01:02:30 am »

Yeah, I've seen nothing to suggest the game's any closer to release than it was back when we first learned that things were borked.

At this point it's 99% written off as far as i"m concerned.
Shoes...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: April 04, 2016, 05:41:19 am »

Its not dead...thats something i suppose

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: April 04, 2016, 05:50:28 am »

It is not dead which can eternal lie, with strange aeons even death may die!

That is sort of thematic release schedule, me thinks.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: April 04, 2016, 06:33:47 pm »

They've obviously put a lot of work into it, so even if it's in vain I'll trust at the moment that we'll all get our hands on the game eventually.

To be honest, I'm not even that excited for the base game. I'm more so looking forward to the mods that people might come up with. Just imagine wreaking havoc as a Daedric Prince. :P
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: April 04, 2016, 06:57:50 pm »

I do sort of find it impossible to get hyped about the game. I saw some screens, more bewilderingly complicated looking stuff that wasn't really explained so much as just shown. I'm ready to try it when it gets me a beta but I'm beyond reading and trying to understand what's being presented for the most part. I see a lot of cool looking stuff I have little context for, because I lost the game's thread a long time ago. Like, if I thought Net Gain was climbing a tall, ill-defined hill with its gameplay, I'm starting to think TSW is climbing something approaching a non-Euclidean mountain. The radio silence and diminishing updates hasn't helped my perception.

Still, I'll take some screenies every once in a while to remind me I paid for this game already and it'll (probably) come out at some point.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: April 06, 2016, 01:04:39 am »

As someone who is keeping a continuous close look at the game I am of course slightly biased. But I think the game will be quite easy to control and just mess around with. The problems will be in understanding how it all fits together and getting information feedback.

The first will probably end up a combination of trial and error and looking at the wiki (either the ingame version or the online version). The second part we'll have to see although all the tooltips and popup screens make me optimistic.

Anyway, Fenicks is getting a copy of the current build from Josh to see what's actually going on, so we'll have some news on how broken the AI currently is in a week or so.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: April 06, 2016, 02:53:04 am »

The screenshots show lots of numbers constantly. I think (assuming the game gets finished) there might be a problem in getting the information presented across to the player neatly without causing information overload that causes players to give up. The game idea is awesome, so it is a shame if the sheer amount of options and actions will turn off a large part of the player base.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: April 06, 2016, 08:03:22 am »

Its more just poor presentation of in game statistics. Which is kinda odd, when you think about it, didn't the dev supposedly spend several weeks "improving the UI"?

Since we have no real gameplay samples of the newer version yet, it prob looks more confusing then it actualy is (remember how it felt seeing people play paradox grand strategy games before you actualy knew how to play?).
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: April 06, 2016, 08:10:42 am »

I really liked the Quot Capita mod for Civ IV.  It included some other UI mod that presented you with way more information in the interface.

Specifically, it gave you all the components of the numbers that modified your combat odds.  So instead of just seeing something like 75% to attack (or whatever) it would say +1% for this, +5% for that, -6% for something else... then also give you the odds of other fringe outcomes and your injury chances and whatever else.

It was a huge amount of information, but SUPER useful and I found it much preferable to native Civ IV.  I see why they didn't include it in the native UI.  I also see why they made Civ V they way they did... but I likes me some numbers, and I think there may be some value to what TWS is doing here.

Of course, it won't have mass appeal.  So it is probably a bad move, even if some people would like it better that way.  On the other hand, Kickstarter is the vehicle for niche games that wouldn't otherwise get made, so good on 'em for giving crazy people their crazy numbers.

Serenseven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: April 06, 2016, 08:49:06 am »

Keep in mind that you only see this plethora of information if you have maximum Infiltration going on the given POI. Since you're not going to have Infiltration everywhere, you basically get to choose when and where you want to focus on and see all of the details, and everywhere else you just get sort of an executive summary.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: April 06, 2016, 02:03:51 pm »

(remember how it felt seeing people play paradox grand strategy games before you actualy knew how to play?).
I don't remember Paradox games ever giving the impression of overwhelming gameplay chaos that this does.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 210