Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is this sodding thing dead, and if so, shall we make a new one?

Its dead jim...
- 1 (11.1%)
NO! IT LIVES!!!
- 3 (33.3%)
-below are new one options-
- 1 (11.1%)
Yes, exactly the same idea but with more action sooner!
- 1 (11.1%)
No, burn the heritic!
- 0 (0%)
yes, but new style (post below)
- 0 (0%)
Whats this thing again?
- 3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: You are a SJ - A space combat thingie. (Recruting! 4/6, Vacancies are here)  (Read 21510 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a SJ - A space combat thingie. (Recruting! 6/6, Vacancies soon!)
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2014, 02:21:43 pm »

Flynn runs to his the "Spare Armaments" to grab ammo.
Pendle grabs his equipment, and prepares to reduce the first thing that looks kinda hostilish that he sees to a fine dust.
Go see if my lockers has any real ammo and load my gun with it. If not then and go see if anyone's left in the combat simulator.
"Is everyone alright?"
  Jon and Tom (Hey, I like that), after quickly getting over the shock at their officer's death, leap into action. They start up the ladder at a fair clip, heading right for their barracks, Pushing Eava ahead. Apparently she hasent seen what happened to Lilly...

Mason rushes back to his locker to get his combat equipment back on, checking to make sure his gun is loaded and checking other lockers for ammo if it isn't

Mason quickly starts getting his gear back on, noting as he does that part of the floor has opened up, revealing ammo. Jon, Tom and Eava quickly join him and start getting armed themselves.

Meanwhile, in the hold...

"Almost in. Shouldent be much resistance, bunch of rookies and a squad of wornout vets. Blowing the hatch in five, get ready."

NCO Tiygr is MIA during an unplanned EVA. Presumed dead. Corporal Pendle is now CO.

Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: You are a SJ - A space combat thingie. (Recruting! 5/6, Vacancies are here)
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2014, 02:29:04 pm »

"Lil's not here, and probably dead. I'm taking over as officer, at least for now. Train sights on all entrances and fire at the first thing to walk through. And, for the record, be trigger happy; I'd love it if you hit that jackass Owens."
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2014, 02:43:00 pm »

"Fan-fucking-tastic. We didn't even get off the training ship and we already lost someone. Although being trigger happy sounds fun to me. I already like you more than the old CO."

Get ammo from the hole in the floor, lock and load, go prone to present a smaller target, then train sights of big gun on normal size entrance.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:47:52 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2014, 06:03:48 pm »

"Fucking hell! Hey what about those guys in the combat sim?"
Eava takes cover and aims at the entrance.
(Can we get some info on what the room we are in looks like so we can post more detailed actions?)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:26:44 pm by BadLemonsXI »
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2014, 06:16:49 pm »

Meanwhile Mason decides to head to the locker room for equipment for the floaty game, opening it to reveal a compartment with three shutters on the sidewall, with two lockers above and below each shutter. On the rear wall is a set of hatches with the label "emergency equipment". Closer inspection reveals each shutter opens to reveal a bunk, each has a label for a squad member, and the lockers contain (Going clockwise) "Personal supplies", "spare armaments", "Combat equipment" and "tactical warfare simulator equipment".
Also, theres the thing that opened in the center now...
Highly Opinionated Fool

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2014, 06:30:28 pm »

-snip-
(Thanks, slight update to my turn.)
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2014, 07:09:26 pm »

"Get to cover!"

Flynn dives for cover and aims at the room's entrance, hands shaking.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2014, 07:18:48 pm »

"As far as I'm concerned? Dead. Anybody not in this room is to be assumed dead until further notice. We will not search for them, we will not make reservations for them. To our knowledge, they're in deep space by now, and we'll be operating until the danger is past. I might be a homicidal sociopath, but I don't want any of your valuable orga- Er. Any of you to die."

Get to the side of the door, preferably behind something. Train sights on the door, and fire if anything I don't recognizes enters.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2014, 12:12:52 pm »

Update inbound, brace for explosive decompression.
Because really, I dont think Ive enforced enough that pressure is not your friend, plus that gravity is not a constant.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2014, 12:52:12 pm »

"Lil's not here, and probably dead. I'm taking over as officer, at least for now. Train sights on all entrances and fire at the first thing to walk through. And, for the record, be trigger happy; I'd love it if you hit that jackass Owens."
"Fan-fucking-tastic. We didn't even get off the training ship and we already lost someone. Although being trigger happy sounds fun to me. I already like you more than the old CO."

Get ammo from the hole in the floor, lock and load, go prone to present a smaller target, then train sights of big gun on normal size entrance.
Eava takes cover and aims at the entrance.
"Get to cover!"

Flynn dives for cover and aims at the room's entrance, hands shaking.
"As far as I'm concerned? Dead. Anybody not in this room is to be assumed dead until further notice. We will not search for them, we will not make reservations for them. To our knowledge, they're in deep space by now, and we'll be operating until the danger is past. I might be a homicidal sociopath, but I don't want any of your valuable orga- Er. Any of you to die."

Get to the side of the door, preferably behind something. Train sights on the door, and fire if anything I don't recognizes enters.

Everyone (excepting the still dazed Ash) leaps into action, diving into various places and aiming at the door. Flynn and Eava useing their bunks for cover, Mason lying on the floor and sighting up and Pendle sitting next to it. After a short amount of time...

*EXPLOSION, FOLLOWED BY WHOOSHING NOISE*
   The room explosively decompresses out through the open door, nearly meaning the end for Pendle and Mason, and being the end for Ash (No, Im not gonna describe that mess). Flynn and Eava, being rather well protected by their bunks, manage to hold on well enough, while Mason slides towards it, grabs hold of the ammo storage thing, grabs hold of a clip of ammo and throws it at the door controls, hitting it dead on. The door quickly starts to seal itself, (6 vs 4+2(Agile)), nearly chopping Pendles foot off in the process, but he manages to pull it in just in time.
  This all starts another alarm going, and causes the emergency equipment to open, whilst a recorded voice advised all crew to put their emergency air supplies on and report to the closest air closet.

Meanwhile, far below, the purple suited attackers make their way up the ship, dodging bits of matter as they go. In the gym they spot a bunch of dazed troops in the null-g training chamber, and laugh as they shoot them to small chunks.
   I think someone has anger issues.

Ashley Carson, Corporal, is MIA.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:03:40 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2014, 12:56:43 pm »

Pendle tries to stabilize himself. Once he's back on his feet, he takes a look around, trying to find any possible means of exit besides the door that almost nommed him.
"How the fuck am I still alive?"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2014, 12:59:43 pm »

Nope, one exit. But your armor IS spaceworthy...

Oh, I frogot to not that you guys need internal air supplies for that room, editing now...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »

"You're welcome. And we just lost our EVAer. Seems like CO is a doomed position. Dibs on not being next CO. Anyway, let's seal up and get the fuck out of here."

Get internal air supplies, seal suit and helmet, grab a "spaceball", ditch one belt of ammo if I need to so I am not over the load limit.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:51:11 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2014, 03:22:17 pm »

"You're welcome. And we just lost another CO. Seems like a doomed position. Dibs on not being next CO. Anyway, let's seal up and get the fuck out of here."

Get internal air supplies, seal suit and helmet, ditch one belt of ammo if I need to so I am not over the load limit.
Do this as well.

"Good, because I don't intend to die and give anybody the chance."

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2014, 05:05:37 pm »

I am right the fuck behind you. Let's load up and get the fuck out.

Get internal air supplies and seal up.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18