Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [44.12] Slaves to Raius: God of Nimeria 1.2.8  (Read 508 times)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Slaves to Raius: God of Nimeria
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 03:27:41 pm »

How hard would it be to convert the mod into an ASCII tileset? I don't have much experience with messing with this sort of thing so if it isn't difficult I could just do it myself when I download it.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 07:41:42 pm »

How hard would it be to convert the mod into an ASCII tileset? I don't have much experience with messing with this sort of thing so if it isn't difficult I could just do it myself when I download it.

It wouldn't be hard but it would be kind of mildly time-consuming. See, Obsidian's tileset requires some changes to the tiles of grass, humans (just to '@' instead of 'U'), and maybe a couple of tools. Maybe also trees, but I don't remember changing those. However, in most cases (if I missed any, feel free to tell me) I posted what would've been there originally right next to what I changed, just to the right of the brackets. For instance...

Here's the grass file.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For it to be perfectly serviceable, you would just need to replace those things. The grass file is the only one that would really definitely need to be fixed, and most of that could be done with a couple of CTRL+R replace alls. Or by just replacing the plant_grasses file, as basically all I did to that file besides tweak some tiles was remove grasses that didn't fit the euro-middle-eastern setting. Swapping the plant_grasses with a vanilla version will not and could not possibly break anything.

I was actually planning on just making the RAWs only version a straight up ASCII version with the next update, going through the RAWs and fixing anything that needs it. You can as well though, if you'd like. There's not too much that needs changing.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:43:35 pm by Dunmeris »

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 09:11:48 pm »

It wouldn't be hard but it would be kind of mildly time-consuming. See, Obsidian's tileset requires some changes to the tiles of grass, humans (just to '@' instead of 'U'), and maybe a couple of tools. Maybe also trees, but I don't remember changing those. However, in most cases (if I missed any, feel free to tell me) I posted what would've been there originally right next to what I changed, just to the right of the brackets. For instance...

Here's the grass file.

For it to be perfectly serviceable, you would just need to replace those things. The grass file is the only one that would really definitely need to be fixed, and most of that could be done with a couple of CTRL+R replace alls. Or by just replacing the plant_grasses file, as basically all I did to that file besides tweak some tiles was remove grasses that didn't fit the euro-middle-eastern setting. Swapping the plant_grasses with a vanilla version will not and could not possibly break anything.

I was actually planning on just making the RAWs only version a straight up ASCII version with the next update, going through the RAWs and fixing anything that needs it. You can as well though, if you'd like. There's not too much that needs changing.

All right, thanks. I'll do some experimenting.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 07:57:18 pm »

Oh my god. In the version uploaded, the Sarvanians have their graphics broken (in the sense that they aren't assigned because I had changed their names before release but not changed the name in the graphics). Holy shit, I'm going to need to upload that update early.

Luckily, I think I've scoured it just well enough to catch every bug. If anyone finds any, please tell me. Mostly after I actually upload the update, which hasn't quite happened yet.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:02:37 am by Dunmeris »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 11:37:48 pm »

!!UPDATE!!

Numerous bugfixes in graphics, languages, and gameplay. Sarvanians had their graphics fixed (they weren't assigned graphics as I'd changed their names in objects but not graphics).

Akhadians, Agerans, Erukaians, and so on all had their military unit graphics fixed (turns out their militia captains had graphics but the number sets were somehow empty, as I am sentient only by technical definition. Also there were some dupes in the graphics file, because see above.). They also had their graphics improved.

Civ positions improved, and in a couple of cases fixed where they were broken.

Items missing DFHack descriptions had descriptions added.

Leather standardized! This is a big optimization; everything runs, loads, and gens a lot smoother when the game doesn't have to keep track of elevently billion individual types of leather. Consequently, item names flow better ("boots" vs "spotted wobbegong leather boots"), and it's more immersive as a result.

Other, more minor optimizations done. Also fixed some really dumb things like people farming and eating poisonous fumaria.

Fixed up some names, including of fumaria (fumewort).

New words added, mostly lore or flavor.

New creatures and buildings added.

Tigermen now commonly appear in Sarvanian settlements, having come with the Sarvanian Empire from the distant East.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:07:02 am by Dunmeris »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Slaves to Raius: God of Nimeria 1.2.8
« Reply #20 on: Today at 12:03:03 am »

And there's the RAWs Only version updated, as well, though only the full heraldry version.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Slaves to Raius: God of Nimeria 1.2.8
« Reply #21 on: Today at 12:33:20 am »

While I'm here, and since I mentioned tigermen, I might as well make a lore post about them.

Tigermen

Next version might have some other catfolk dwelling with the Sarvanians, and maybe a rare claw weapon that I've been deliberating on actually putting in.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:49:49 am by Dunmeris »
Pages: 1 [2]