Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 250906 times)

The Royal Plumber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet
« Reply #900 on: April 03, 2023, 06:33:20 pm »

Alright, so I've uploaded what I've got so far for the Stonesense graphics pack.

It can be found here

This is still a work in progress, most creatures are included but a lot still need to be worked on some more. There are definitely some graphical issues, especially with the trees. Any feedback or recommendations would be appreciated, I would really love to see how other people's fortresses look with this graphics pack.

zeddy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet
« Reply #901 on: April 18, 2024, 02:48:21 pm »

Hello! I was wondering if there’s any file changes I can make to make this mod function on 47.05. Currently when making a world any world bigger then the smallest setting seems to crash after 50 years. I just wanted to know as this mod seems really fun and I’d love to play it with all the additions of the villians release!

P.S. I do not know why it crashes. I’ve tried removing a few civs to see if that fixes it but it hasn’t worked so far

Hello, Elf Lord! Recently, I had a similar thought process to you and decided to look into it myself. The answer seems to be... Yes! there are a few small changes you can make to make this mod work on v47.05.

The world-gen crashes seem to be primarily caused by races with [NO_EAT] & fish cleaning labor enabled. Removing that fixes one of the biggest crashes.

There are some other things that should be updated too... I've actually recently made an UNOFFICIAL!!! update of the mod for v0.47.05 of DF, which I have uploaded on my Gitlab here https://gitlab.com/zeddy1267/ROTMK_47.05

The readme goes over all of the changes I've made to the mod. Most of it is various crash fixes, but there's also some new bonus content.

I've never actually modded DF before, nor have I even played the ROTMK mod (outside of testing for this update), so I can't make any promises about this unofficial update. Everything I've found out was via excessive brute forcetm, as well as some insight from the folks over on Reddit. However I do plan on playing it soon, I just need to relearn the older DF UI lol.

I also absolutely DID NOT get permission from IndigoFenix. So consider this reply as me asking for permission. If you want, I will absolutely take this down. Otherwise, I will assume the existence of this update to be endorsed (but still unofficial).

I just wanted this mod to be available on v47.05, as it's the final and most supported version of DF classic, so it feels like a good resting version for the update to be on, especially how RotMK is getting a major rework.

& Finally, Elf Lord, I'm not entirely against the idea of working together to maintain this update. I'm not sure if you'll even see this message (this is my first time on DF forums, IDK how this place fully works!), but HMU if you're interested.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]