Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: DF2014: The Succession World - Time To Strike The Earth  (Read 19912 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: DF2014: The Succession World - Time To Strike The Earth
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2014, 07:50:48 pm »

I just messaged II, and I'll be updating the OP tomorrow with the previous turns. Ghills, I'll bump you down the list.
I changed my name, so I never received any PM. I did, however, get an e-mail. The forum software is weird.

Anyway, I'm afraid I can't really take the turn right now. I'll have to pass.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2014, 07:54:34 pm »

Well, you're up Insanity X

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 11, 2014, 12:12:39 am »

Well then, might as well get started now

I'll play fortress mode first, will post updates as i go along on a seasonal basis (hopefully I'll get more than a few in before my fortress crumbles)
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth, and receive eternal life." but, John came fifth and received a toaster
Urist McMason, Mason cancels Build Important Wall: Making rock mugs.
It was inevitable.
My succession world turn.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 11, 2014, 12:42:12 am »

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 11, 2014, 12:44:32 am »

Is it too late to reserve a spot on the turn list?

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2014, 03:58:22 pm »

Thikuts journal, 20th Hematite :

The surveyors found what looked like a nice spot to embark. No aquifer, has flux stone and several metals, and a soil layer for farming.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm the one they picked to lead the expedition to "Swordmobbed", here's to hoping that's not foreshadowing

Seven dwarves are being sent.

Ast Olintad

Me, Thikut Sefolducim

Sazir Lisatgeshud

Rimtar idlikot

Sarvesh Logemzat

Aban Elonoslan

Vabok Konoslaltur
( I underlined that part because, the bitter irony is...
)

Thikuts journal, 20th Malachite :
We've been travelling for a full month now, and still aren't there. On the bright side, we're over halfway there. Everyone seems to be getter more and more anxious as the days drag by.

Thikuts journal, 9th Galena :
We're almost at the spot the surveyors marked! The mountains are only a days travel away, and we've got to nestle in near the bottom

Thikuts journal, 10th Galena :

Well, here we are.
Home sweet home. We've already got hematite, as well as gems and other minerals. We also have a pack of wild boars right next to them. Boars have tusks, never trust anything with tusks.

I've tasked the miners with clearing out a general stockpile and farming area, which should be completed by autumn. There's a lot to do, so I'll update the journal then.
End log
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:13:33 pm by Insanity X »
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth, and receive eternal life." but, John came fifth and received a toaster
It was inevitable.

foxsoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2014, 06:43:51 pm »

Is it too late to reserve a spot on the turn list?

We'll be forgotten. :P

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2014, 07:49:28 pm »

It's never too late. I just need to update the OP when I get home from campus.

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2014, 08:52:54 pm »

Thikuts journal, 7th Limestone:

Autumn is here and the miners have dug out the main entrance
I'm thinking of getting them to dig out a barracks, straight across from the depot

Thikuts journal, 10th Limestone:

The miners dug out the barracks area in just a few days, and the mason built an armour stand and is going to start on a weapon rack soon. The miners are busy digging out the industry levels, so I'll have some bed built and placed into the barracks for now. It won't be much, but it's better than sleeping in the dirt.

Thikuts journal, 15th Limestone:
While the miners are busy clearing away the materials stockpile, a caravan showed up. Hopefully the mountainhomes will get their raw pond turtles while they're still fresh

Thikuts journal, 21th Limestone:
You know who really grind my gears? THAT ARMOK-DAMNED BROKER, SAZIR. I TOLD HER TO GO TRADE WITH THE MERCHANTS, SO SHE STARTED HAULING SHIT AROUND. I TOLD HER TO STOP HAULING, AND TO GO TRADE WITH THE MERCHANTS, SO SHE STARTED BUILD STONE DOORS. I TOLD HER TO STOP BUILDING DOORS AND TO TRADE WITH THE MERCHANTS, SO GUESS WHAT SHE DID? WHATEVER YOU GUESSED IS WRONG, THAT ELF-LOVER STARED RIGHT IN MY EYES, AND THEN PASSED OUT.
OH NO, DON'T YOU FUCKING COMPLAIN TO ME.

Thikuts journal, 5th Sandstone:
So, after Sizar took a delightful dirt-nap (not the kind I wish she'd take) she finally got around to going to the depot.
While I was busy talking to the liason, the rest of the dwarves decided that a grand total of 5 raw pond turtles was enough to get some goods, and went back to doing other jobs. Unbelievable. The only ones who were NOT slacking off were the miners, who had finally finished the giant materials stockpile and were only permitted to mine. So, I told them to get to hauling, and they started hauling wood...
Luckily I only had to tell them once that I didn't mean wood, and they went to bringing more turtles to the depot. "I look splendid today." says Aban. You got that right you beautiful dwarfette, now git back to work.

Thikuts journal, 20th Sandstone:
The merchants have left alongside the liaison, and we managed to get some plump helmets and barrels from them to complement our (slowly) dwindling supplies of booze. Luckily, the miners finally carved out enough room for the masons, craftdwarfs, and carpenters workshops; as well as some metal industry buildings, and... fucking miners.

(OOC: I was doing this yesterday, but then went and saw 3 movies in a row. Big Hero 6 was pretty good. I'll hopefully have a nice little outpost by the end of my turn for adventurers to stop at for supplies. Also, if anyone wishes to unretire it feel free to do so on your turn. I'll post this for now to avoid a huge post.)
(Edit 1: Just noticed that my turn ends on friday. H*ck yeah! :D)
(Edit 2: I'll make another update tomorrow. Thanks to a glitch, I wouldn't be surprised if a tantrum spiral kills my fort pretty soon. Anyone else have trouble with migrant babies being abandoned?)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:57:48 am by Insanity X »
It was inevitable.

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2014, 08:58:25 pm »

Thikuts journal, 2nd Timber:
Oh boy, migrants. As much as I know I'm going to start to get annoyed later on, I'm excited for the extra dwarfpower. Now, we just need to get the parents to PICK UP THEIR ARMOK-DAMNED BABIES BEFORE I TURN THEM INTO MUGS (the parents, not the babies. Babies can be trained...)

Thikuts journal, 13th Timber:
I have made a mistake.
I designated an area for the miners to channel out, so that we could be a bridge over it. This hole opened up into the industry area. Whoops.
Perhaps I can blame the miners for this...

Thikuts journal, 14th Timber:
I've had the area that was breached plugged up. A+ leadership on my part

Thikuts journal, 16th Moonstone:
The hunters were hunting, but then got scared of their crossbows or shadows or something, because they immediately fled. They later told me it was because of "combat". Oh, I'll show them combat alright.

Thikuts journal, 17th Moonstone:
I've begun a new, slightly ambitious defence project. The area around the entrance will be reformed so that the top is inaccessible to all sides except inside, via channeling a huge "moat". The slopes leading up to the top will be removed, and walls will be placed above the open space to prevent climbers. This will protect all of our livestock. The inside will completely isolated when the drawbridge is raised.

(I was browsing the forum here, forgot about the game until I checked back and it was spring. Oops.)

Thikuts journal, 10th Obsidian:
The babies died. There was no water to give them, as all the ponds were frozen, and the parents were lacking in the mental facilities. Poor Vabok was horrified after watching all three of them die of thirst in front of him. "I was near to a table. I am pleased." I've heard the cure for a fractured skull is a bandage, so it shouldn't be too hard to fix his current mental state. On the bright side, the cats and dogs gave birth, so the circle of life is still turning.

Thikuts journal, 1st Granite:
Spring is here, a little too late to save those babies.
The miners are done with the "moat" so it's time to start with smoothing the sides and building the stairs. We can also start on apartments soon, and we now have a supply of iron. Time to start building a proper military, I think I'll conscript those lazy parents as punishment for letting two potential slaves workers die.

Thikuts journal, 12th Granite:
Reg Dodokkebeb, one of the migrants and father of the decaying babies, is in shock. Apparently he suddenly cared about the death of his children. If it wasn't for the whole 'child neglect' thing he would have been a  great guy.

Thikuts journal, 12th Slate:
Apartment construction is underway and will be done soon. The living quarters will consist of several "buildings" overlooking a large courtyard. Rooms will be small, and I'd like to have
glass windows installed.
In other news, an elven caravan has arrived. Sazir is "On break"... Armok help me

Thikuts journal, 14th Slate:
Sazir is asleep now, and the merchants have informed me that they need to skedaddle in a while. Time to get a bucket of water and wake her up.
Some migrants have been spotted, and should be arriving shortly. Hope they don't mind the baby skeletons.

Thikuts journal, 17th Slate:
The merchants have left, and there are four unattended babies crawling towards the fort. Just what we need, even more bad parenting.

(OOC: Babies got abandoned multiple times, anyone else have this glitch?)

Here's the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10075
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:57:45 am by Insanity X »
It was inevitable.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2014, 11:54:21 am »

Hello, somebody is here?

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2014, 02:21:46 pm »

Hello, somebody is here?
I think we waiting.

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2014, 03:05:15 pm »

Hello, somebody is here?
I think we waiting.
My turn finished a couple days ago, so yes, we are waiting.
It was inevitable.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2014, 11:15:22 am »

Guuuysss, seriously, get your crap together, who is next?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2014, 11:24:24 am »

I've been slowly moving down the list, but no luck yet. I guess that's what happens when people sign up months before their turns.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14