Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: Great River Politics [11/20]  (Read 30327 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Great River Politics [11/20]
« Reply #435 on: October 13, 2014, 06:22:44 pm »

((Pff. A Terra Arma rip off with less hordes. Disappointment!))

[[Terra Arma sends missionaries and traders to The Marauders. Offer metal for whatever they can give. Our religion should be very compatible with your beliefs, the missionaries would like to set up churches in return for some free metal.]]
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 13, 2014, 06:27:42 pm »

((Metal?!? Your in a desert! There's little to no metal da heck?))
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 13, 2014, 06:29:04 pm »

((Metal?!? Your in a desert! There's little to no metal da heck?))

(We are offering to give metal so we can build churches. We are in the mountains,where there is plenty.)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 13, 2014, 06:32:19 pm »

Civil Society of the Collected Philosophies
Military: Weak, While there is some explorer units with weaponry, and a city guard, the Society rather spends their time on civil projects.
Government: Scientifc Democracy
Peoples: Elves and Humans
Laws: Strict - Breaking of the law often leads to banishment, the Society surely takes pride in their laws
Religion: Haroism - The belief to find the knowledge of the past to create a society of open love and prosperity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 13, 2014, 06:36:44 pm »

[[Terra Arma sends missionaries and traders to The Marauders CSotCP. Offer metal for whatever they can give. Our religion should be very compatible with your beliefs, the missionaries would like to set up churches in return for some free metal.]]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 13, 2014, 06:41:30 pm »

((On a side note, Zanzetkuken is one of the actual players in the game I'm running my friends through but it's going a bit slow in the real world, whose willing to play it if I start up a game for it here? I will provide a map this time and better rules than my previous attempt))

(Is it the one where my sister is carrying a dragon egg and the guy with a pet bear made an ungodly overpowered hammer out of our quest reward?)

(Also, the working ones aren't guns.  Any gun-like relics (if they exist) are broken beyond repair.  The weapon relics are unused, non-nuclear, bomb-like devices that were studied (results archived, then carefully remanufactured into, basically, explosive Ballistics bolts.  All other relics are a few articles of carbon nanotube-like clothing that they partially replicated and have their people outfitted in, some that helped increase their industrial capacity to above average levels, knowledge of how to efficiently channel water from the river to their settlement underground, as well as using that water to cultivate varieties of plants (primarily mushrooms, algae, and moss) (they feed Khajiit by some sterilization practices they developed to make the meat of the mutants they have to fight safe for consumption), and deep-mining practices to collect metals more easily.  Sounds like a lot (hell, they might have the highest level of advancement), but they A) have been developing on the surface for a lot longer than other civs have, and B) are under attack on a near daily basis (and have gotten stronger with each advancement).)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:47:08 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 13, 2014, 07:10:39 pm »

(Ok)

((Yup that's the game))
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 13, 2014, 07:11:21 pm »

The Heavy Infantry are told to fall back to the archer line. Since they are lighter than the Very Heavy Infantry and Super Heavy Pikemen of the enemy it should be ok. Have the archers fire exclusively on the enemy crossbowmen. Cavalry is to kill off all artillerymen and then target archers if possible.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 13, 2014, 07:13:15 pm »

Hang on a minute that's not right at all. Zanzetkuken gets all of that, yet the rest of us are stuck with the standard medieval fare? That's not right at all :|
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 13, 2014, 07:15:10 pm »

Hang on a minute that's not right at all. Zanzetkuken gets all of that, yet the rest of us are stuck with the standard medieval fare? That's not right at all :|

Obviously, it is because we didn't ask. :-\ Dibs on the weapon tech!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 13, 2014, 07:22:27 pm »

Maybe the GM should roll every turn to see if they get attacked by mutants? Also, Khajiit don't exist yet I think - only humans, elves, and redguards at the moment. Not entirely sure though.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but the routed cavalry from before should go out and prepare to charge the enemy crossbowmen. My archers should be providing covering fire by targeting the crossbowmen exclusively.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 13, 2014, 07:38:11 pm »

((Pff. A Terra Arma rip off with less hordes. Disappointment!))

(I didn't see your sheet before I made mine.  I've now looked at yours at saw that it isn't a desert civilization of Genius Bruisers with surface architecture of a shantytown-Mos Eisley mix so they don't have to expend too much effort rebuilding, dedicated to fighting off mutants that are about thirty times harder to kill than the ones your soldiers have been fighting, and for decades, possibly centuries before yours decided to come out when it was safe, due to their bunker collapsing in upon them, making everything they have now have been fought for tooth and nail.)

[[Terra Arma sends missionaries and traders to The Marauders. Offer metal for whatever they can give. Our religion should be very compatible with your beliefs, the missionaries would like to set up churches in return for some free metal.]]

(If they survive the trek) the traders and missionaries are met outside of a town that appears to have been hastily constructed town.  If they had been able to get closer to the town, they would note that appearances would have been deceiving, as all the buildings that appeared to be within stages of collapse were reinforced to withstand great trauma.  They did not, however, get close enough to view this, before a group came out from the place and said to them, "Quid hacer ḱe pengin?"

(I took as a consequence of having such good technology and infrastructure that I am under attack near constantly by mutants that outclass yours by a 30 to 1 margin, and continually scale up in power as more and more technology is researched, as well as not having access to the main bunker any longer.  And, in terms of weapons, I am on a similar scale to you in terms of what I have, just having a better metals (though hard to get, due to location), and having them augmented by various found technology that is very rare and only used in the most dangerous of circumstances.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 13, 2014, 07:45:52 pm »

(I didn't see your sheet before I made mine.  I've now looked at yours at saw that it isn't a desert civilization of Genius Bruisers with surface architecture of a shantytown-Mos Eisley mix so they don't have to expend too much effort rebuilding, dedicated to fighting off mutants that are about thirty times harder to kill than the ones your soldiers have been fighting, and for decades, possibly centuries before yours decided to come out when it was safe, due to their bunker collapsing in upon them, making everything they have now have been fought for tooth and nail.)

((It is all of that. You just didn't read through the lines well enough.  :-\))

------------------

((I think the Armed Priests can survive just as well as your guys can. Especially when they bring a caravan.))

Noticing the fact that you speak a different language that absolutely everybody else on the planet (I guess all that advancement didn't help you with communications), the traders and missionaries turn to charade-like communications. The trader points with his thumb to the caravan filled with metals, then taking the but of his spear, draws a symbol of two hands trading in the desert sand. Then one of the missionaries walks up, drawing a picture of a single hand filled with a metal bar in it next to a crude sketch of a church.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 13, 2014, 07:47:05 pm »

I don't believe that they'd be able to be like that, given how genetics and such work. And furthermore, you wouldn't even have the capability to research due to every bit of manpower needed to repulse those sorts of raids if they're that pressing. So you'd more have an embittered, paranoid society rather than one that has all this technology. Even the better metals is somewhat bullshit due to the game rules :|
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 13, 2014, 08:03:14 pm »

They could've got all the technology while they were still safe in the bunker. Can't say much on the home-grown metal front though.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33