Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616913 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [12/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2014, 08:08:11 am »

"My votes go as follows:"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2014, 08:49:42 am »

Me say no to everything but magic for now.

Votes yes to 03.07 , 02.07
         No. To everything else....
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2014, 12:42:37 pm »

02.01.a.1: Support
02.01.a.2: Support
02.01.a.2.1: Support

02.03: Support
02.04.2: Support
02.04.3: Support

02.04.4: Oppose
02.04.4.1: Oppose
02.04.4.2: Oppose

02.04.5: Support
02.04.6: Support
02.05: Support

02.06: Support
02.07: Oppose
03.00: Support

03.01: Support
03.02: Support
03.02.1: Support

03.03: Support
03.04: Support
03.04.1: Support

03.05: Support
03.06.1: Support
03.07.a: Oppose

03.07.b: Support
03.08: Support
03.09: Support

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2014, 01:22:31 pm »

I propose we allow everyone the right to create beasts and landmarks as they see fit. Without the addition of further proposals. The creation of beings and landmarks is restricted however by a code of conduct created by us. Up till we do not have laws for creation however we are free to do as we please.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2014, 01:23:20 pm »

What about the proposals you proposed and building 3 million sapients? If you oppose building 3 million sapients, you forfeit direct control over the process and results.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2014, 01:26:04 pm »

What about the proposals you proposed and building 3 million sapients? If you oppose building 3 million sapients, you forfeit direct control over the process and results.

Says who and what law? You are threatening free decision, leave him be. As long as we have no proper laws, we can decide however we want.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2014, 01:34:14 pm »

Says who and what law? You are threatening free decision, leave him be. As long as we have no proper laws, we can decide however we want.
(OK, I guess. I just wanted to warn Varee about what might seem a bit of a hasty blanket opposition vote. You all may want to propose something to specify who gets creative control over proposals if this ever gets big and messy enough that opposers still provide significant creative control.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2014, 02:28:51 pm »

"Ah, new propositions have been made. 03.10 I oppose, for as long as we stay organized, the large number of propositions does not matter. 03.11 seems rather redundant, considering we already have the power to do such minor actions without the council. I support this nonetheless, for a defined code of conduct could be of use."

"And that leads us to another matter: How are we going to handle this broken circle of deities? This should be of interest to our resident god of Balance. With no directly opposing forces, most of us have free reign over an aspect of reality, which can easily lead to chaos as propositions get passed when there are no other options. Therefore, I propose that we raise the required support to pass an unopposed proposal to 60%, just as with opposed ones, with the additional proposal to add a corollary to this rule: this only for proposals presented by deities who do not have a deity of a directly opposite sphere. I, quite obviously, support both. These patches to the rules should also patch the circle by some amount."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:31:29 pm by IcyTea31 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2014, 02:43:09 pm »

"In what way is this circle broken? A well balanced sword swings the best, there seems to be no problem with the current balance of power. I oppose raising the required percentage to 60%, due to the simple fact it would make our opposition nearly meaningless, letting the others run rampant more rather than less. Applying it against most of the deities, save yourself, also disrupts the balance of power, don't you think? There is no reason to fix something that is not broken."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2014, 02:57:38 pm »

"What I mean by broken circle is that there are no gods of Satiation, Charity, Imbalance, or so on. Some of us do have our opposition, which weakens us. Additionally, remember that opposing a proposition also weakens its ultimate effect on the world, while abstaining does not. My propositions do not make opposition meaningless."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2014, 03:10:16 pm »

"What I mean by broken circle is that there are no gods of Satiation, Charity, Imbalance, or so on. Some of us do have our opposition, which weakens us. Additionally, remember that opposing a proposition also weakens its ultimate effect on the world, while abstaining does not. My propositions do not make opposition meaningless."

"Look closer, my brother. There are few who could be considered true opposites. You and the Childish Fit-throwing God of Randomness. The newly born Light god and the god of the Night. And, perhaps, the god of honor and the god of treachery, if we are to be lenient. Why set up a role that only effects half of us, and the half you are not on no less? Opposites are not required for balance, you of all people should know that. You don't need the opposite of "tree" or "rock" for a forest to be in balance. Even then, you are giving more power to the words of yourself, taking away from that of the more idea based gods, throwing our current balance off. The opposition weakens the effect only slightly under your rule, as opposed to the greater opposition present already. Again, this would only allow for more unhampered madness.

And you ignore an obvious and easy work around that would lead even this impotent. Do remember that, as a proposition needs half our consent anyway, the likelihood of having one of those gods with an opposite sphere is high. If we simply have them present it, as they would have supported it anyway, the rule would not take effect.

And in the end, why should I surrender even a bit of power for no reason? You don't lose that power. I gain nothing from this. This would make you stronger at my expense, I would be a fool to support it."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2014, 03:41:35 pm »

"I fail to see how having it be harder to get a proposition through would make it easier. Could you explain this in more detail? I disagree on opposites being unnecessary. To use your analogy, the forest would not be in balance if the trees simply overgrew everywhere and died upright because there wasn't enough resources. Too much rock and nothing could grow. As for the loophole, consider that in that case the proposition would most likely be opposed anyway when disagreement occurs. If every deity was already in agreement or abstaining, you would only have to persuade 6 gods to your side instead of 5, with our current 12. As for giving away power 'for no reason', you call me selfish, but consider this: would you think otherwise if there was a god of Ploughshares? If I cannot persuade you, so be it, but I would like to hear thoughts from the others."

((I'm going to sleep now, so don't expect any further replies from me for the next few hours.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2014, 04:20:08 pm »

The planing is a part of any construction, the most ficle and easiest to change part. A good idea is to find certain things we can agree on. We all accept that there is a need of at least two worlds and a source of energy for them. We all agree that there is a need of some mortals with some degree of sentience. We disagree on specifics, bt those are details small enough for each of us to solve as we wish on our own. I say that we should each craft a piece of the realms for mortals to inhabit. We could each create a part, or better, several significantly diferent parts and conect them into a place for mortal beings to thrive. As to the form of this place, I would offer a plane without visible end, it would be a square for us, yet the reality would bend around conecting it back to itself to make it look without edges in physical planes. This way, we would not need to create anything infinite, yet the design would allow us to add more to it at any time without disturbing the creation.

Spoiler: Yes to the folowing (click to show/hide)

((I get the feeling that I only have time to be at computer when people go to sleep and vice versa. Sad times))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2014, 04:35:04 pm »

Anath glances over the list and makes a few marks of his own.
Spoiler: Votes from Anath (click to show/hide)
Anath then glances over at the others. "I propose that, should a measure not pass for three sessions of the council, nor have any change in the status of its votes, the measure should be removed from consideration of this council until someone re-proposes it. I also oppose the suggestion for the adjustment of how voting itself works made by Cim the Lawgiver."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2014, 04:59:32 pm »

02.01.a.2: Support

02.03: Oppose

02.05: Support

03.00: Oppose

03.02: Oppose, for now.

03.05:Oppose

03.08: Oppose
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 475