Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615160 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [12+/999 players] IC: T42: Meaning and time
« Reply #2865 on: November 21, 2014, 11:14:22 pm »

I would appreciate not being called an idiot for attempting to gain some sort of understanding of just what we're going up against; have you a better idea of ways to learn of them? I have considered making a Void capable Angel.

"By Fusil, that is the kind of thing I mean! That is why I called you such an unbelievable idiot! I will have to slay that abomination the second it enters our world, to avoid the destruction it may cause.

Books. We had an entire library, and there are still many books on the planets. Books don't kill anything, don't corrupt anything, and rarely lie. They are why I know more on the void than most of you, and haven't had to deal with them in such a blasphemous way.

But I ask, are there not cults present here that kill people already? As the God of Weapons, you surely know that the primary purpose of a weapon is to kill. I do not believe all of the Void itself to be Evil in such a fashion as you claim, but neither will I deny that it is certainly present. I can, however, accept your reasoning, if they threaten your followers. I must say, though, one of them asked me to revive you, so...

"The weapons protect my followers from anything wishing to harm them, the weapons are my blessing that keeps them safe. My followers have shown to be less violent than any other, having some of the most trade and being involved in the least amount of conflict thanks to my active attention to them.

As I said, it asked to revive me as to kill Yaos. His end goal was violence, which you seem to think is bad. They are twisted lairs, as I said do not listen to them! This is why you rely on books instead!"

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: November 21, 2014, 11:17:10 pm »

"I consider the Mountwyrms and Gem Dragons and Dwarves to be my children, but I do not force them to worship me. Unless you with to debate the morality of sphere-aligned mortals?"

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: November 21, 2014, 11:21:44 pm »

The Philosopher has disguised himself as a young child and is wandering around the Slythan Tree.
The Pilgrim begins hitting the glass again in an attempt to play some music while whistling.
The Monk touches the dark purple stone.
Kli (indirectly) leads several different Slythan Hummingbirds into his path.
If a proper melody is played, the glass starts growing thinner and thinner.
The Monk re-experiences the situation where she has felt the most lonely and lost. Another hole glows in response.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: November 21, 2014, 11:25:03 pm »

"It was a joke. The ties between Angels and Gods are harder to break then that. It was impossible. And if it was an empty threat, why are you hiding?"
"You sicked your archangel on me, but I'm not hiding per se. I just don't want to deal with an angry god if I were to permanently kill his favourite archangel. Let her come at me here! She's no match for my raw speed, let alone my Black Step technique."

"Me coming back to life is what killed him. If I had come back under his orders, it might not have. Isn't that the reason he had campaigned to bring me back after he is the one who killed me?"
"Unlikely. If that was the case - and I still say he would not have made such a deal - he would've attempted to revive you even before he died. She only decided to resurrect you after she had her change of heart from her own death."

"Yaos killed me, took control of the moons and my stuff. As the God of Hunger said, it was more than that that lead to his overzealous attacks."
"The Council took your angels. You and they appeared to be permanently dead when the weapons were taken and when Yaos found out the angels were alive, no one asked for the weapons so she kept them. Yaos only took control of roughly her fair share of the moon and willing to give away those shares for free if the other gods merely asked. 'Overzealous' is putting it lightly."

"That was the Killer warning me of the deal you made."
"Sure."

(So when are Tykki and Vaal gonna fight? Maybe such a momentous fight should introduce duelling mechanics? Stats, for instance?)

Perhaps I misinterpreted that last part. As far as I could tell, it meant giving him a new personality and memories.

"You did misinterpret the last part. Yaos was always of the belief that gods could do the impossible simply because they were gods. She didn't know any non-impossibility-breakable ways to bring back Fusil's memories and personality so she just went with her 'because we're gods' excuse. A bit naive if I do say so myself but that's Yaos."

Quote from: Palatino's Reports
A human town has decided to turn to you after losing a beloved priest to Yaos' vengeance. They beg you for protection.

It appears that they are fearful after Yaos casually killed their priest for refusing to accept a potentially corrupting gift. They are terrified of the Inquisition's retaliation and have lynched several Inquisitors in the panic and have razed Yaos' temple. The people beg for protection.
"I will not disband the Inquisition. The Inquisition is a Keshan instrument against Void cultists and is controlled by the Empire of Mankind. The Inquisition that did those things is NOT the Keshan Inquisition. It was the private inquisition belonging to a hugely overzealous empress in Slythan."
"The empress was killed by Yaos for that and the Orb that she held was given to the priest. The Orb does not corrupt and only enhances ambition which is not in and of itself evil. The priest was given the Orb but he refused to use the Orb's power to help bring stability and peace to the empire stating fear of corruption. Since he was making preparations to die within a few days and seemed like he wanted to die anyway, Yaos killed him in a non-painful manner so he could be sent to the Human Plane and live in paradise forever and so someone else could claim the Orb and bring peace. The plan didn't work."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: November 21, 2014, 11:26:53 pm »

It would be formed in the Void, of course! But I will ask you: Where did these books obtain the information? Someone had to write them. And if they speak of the Void as to give you the impression that is antithesis to all that is Good, then how do you know they don't lie? A book is only as honest as it's author. And as for not corrupting anything...you know this how? What if a book was written by one of the Void Beings?

But very well. If you have these books, allow me to read them, and perhaps I will be 'shown the light' of your way of thinking, eh?

They are not directly involved, perhaps, but the trade has to do with their sheer number, and instead of being involved in fighting, they benefit from it by acting as arms dealers and enabling massive loss of life.

I cannot truly tell what their end-goals are, actually. It was called a Watcher; whether that meant it wanted to see more violence, or keep it from growing, I cannot tell.

How do you know the books are not corrupting you themselves? You seem to place a great deal of stock on presumably mortal writings.

You have a point, Azem, as I said. However, in that sense, they are also discouraged from worshiping other gods, are they not? I do not believe I have many followers among your people, but perhaps that is because the values they hold and those I hold rarely intertwine.

I have doubts as to an Orb which only enhances ambition being able to bring stability and peace on it's own.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: November 21, 2014, 11:36:00 pm »

"Perhaps. But no more than any other non-Human race. When I created the Humans, I envisioned a versatile people unchained from the shackles of godly sphere."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: November 21, 2014, 11:38:29 pm »

Finally, Vaal, the fact that one of Yaos' angels turned into one of these things, after his Angel-Emperor turned against him...it does not speak well of him.
"It was NOT the Emperor that killed Yaos. That imposter was slain on the spot by Lette after its action. The TRUE Emperor's corpse was found outside the capital. It had been decomposing there for several weeks. The fact that he has been targeted by the Void means that she was their enemy. You can still accuse Yaos if you want to do some victim-blaming. I won't like it if you do, though."

I have doubts as to an Orb which only enhances ambition being able to bring stability and peace on it's own.
(I just wanted to get out a post quickly.)
"The Orb also increases the person's best attribute. Whether that's natural charisma, magical ability, fighting skill, anything. Since priests are good at talking to people and being generally good people Yaos had faith that he could sort out the empire in a peaceful manner with the Orb's help."

"Perhaps. But no more than any other non-Human race. When I created the Humans, I envisioned a versatile people unchained from the shackles of godly sphere."
Vaal smiles.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: November 21, 2014, 11:38:48 pm »

"'Overzealous' is putting it lightly."
Consider how many lives have been lost in the conflicts between Gruen and Humans already. Consider the deaths caused by the Inquisition crushing cultists that they felt were dangerous or went too far against the Empire. While Yaos and I may not have actively enjoyed causing death, neither one of us were ever so concerned with it that we would let it get in the way of our objectives. Even after Yaos wanted to stop the war and even after he cut back on cult persecution, it was only a little while after that he forcibly claimed moons. Putting aside momentarily whether or not he had a right to them, Yaos said he would use force if anyone went against his wishes. So yes. I was willing to use force just like Yaos was willing.

Death wasn't the objective. It was an unfortunate side effect of me sending the Dragon to disrupt the Empire's forces in the Capital. A situation not too different from how killing wasn't Yaos's objective when he sent out the inquisition on various cults. These were simply side effects of another goal.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: November 21, 2014, 11:40:02 pm »

"You sicked your archangel on me, but I'm not hiding per se. I just don't want to deal with an angry god if I were to permanently kill his favourite archangel. Let her come at me here! She's no match for my raw speed, let alone my Black Step technique."

"You have pro oven to be weak to bullets. I have no reason to send Tykki to kill you if you are in the Arena of False fights, it will only waste her energy. Your god is dead, if you choose the Arena to be your afterlife that is your own problem."

"Unlikely. If that was the case - and I still say he would not have made such a deal - he would've attempted to revive you even before he died. She only decided to resurrect you after she had her change of heart from her own death."

"Would he? I don't believe that he would. You think highly of that corrupted god. He is dead, you must realize this."

"The Council took your angels. You and they appeared to be permanently dead when the weapons were taken and when Yaos found out the angels were alive, no one asked for the weapons so she kept them. Yaos only took control of roughly her fair share of the moon and willing to give away those shares for free if the other gods merely asked. 'Overzealous' is putting it lightly."

"I am about to get them back right now. Taking them in the first place, after being the one to kill me, already angers me enough. The Hungry one was right about you grabbing for power in every way."

Where did these books obtain the information? Someone had to write them. And if they speak of the Void as to give you the impression that is antithesis to all that is Good, then how do you know they don't lie? A book is only as honest as it's author. And as for not corrupting anything...you know this how? What if a book was written by one of the Void Beings?

"Other Bubbles, mostly mortal authors. I can fact check myself, there are multiple books. The Void Beings have their own language, I have a book on it. Any book capable of corrupting would have to be written in it and radiating void energies, which Tykki can detect."

But very well. If you have these books, allow me to read them, and perhaps I will be 'shown the light' of your way of thinking, eh?

"I refuse. My books are all tightly guarded by me personally, after the library was raided they have become comparatively rare. Get your own."

They are not directly involved, perhaps, but the trade has to do with their sheer number, and instead of being involved in fighting, they benefit from it by acting as arms dealers and enabling massive loss of life.

"You cannot blame the weapon or its salesman for the conflict. The loss of life would happen in any case, they are not even elevating it as most noticeable loss-of-life has been caused by the Gods. The swords, save for a few void-tainted ones, do not cause the wielder to do their actions."

I cannot truly tell what their end-goals are, actually. It was called a Watcher; whether that meant it wanted to see more violence, or keep it from growing, I cannot tell.

"You talked to it knowing nothing? Are you trying to fall?"

How do you know the books are not corrupting you themselves? You seem to place a great deal of stock on presumably mortal writings.

"As I said before, Tykki can detect such things. If it where the case, I would be warned of it well ahead of time."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: November 21, 2014, 11:55:00 pm »

Finally, Vaal, the fact that one of Yaos' angels turned into one of these things, after his Angel-Emperor turned against him...it does not speak well of him.
"It was NOT the Emperor that killed Yaos. That imposter was slain on the spot by Lette after its action. The TRUE Emperor's corpse was found outside the capital. It had been decomposing there for several weeks. The fact that he has been targeted by the Void means that she was their enemy. You can still accuse Yaos if you want to do some victim-blaming. I won't like it if you do, though."
The fact remains that Jeffrey was corrupted, and that Fusil claims Yaos made a deal with the Void, and that Yaos died for a reason we do not yet know.

"You talked to it knowing nothing? Are you trying to fall?"
Your Tykki can scan me if she wishes; I have not been corrupted by the Void. If the Void is Evil, it is literally my antithesis, and as such I am likely immune or at least resistant to such corruption.

Where did these books obtain the information? Someone had to write them. And if they speak of the Void as to give you the impression that is antithesis to all that is Good, then how do you know they don't lie? A book is only as honest as it's author. And as for not corrupting anything...you know this how? What if a book was written by one of the Void Beings?

"Other Bubbles, mostly mortal authors. I can fact check myself, there are multiple books. The Void Beings have their own language, I have a book on it. Any book capable of corrupting would have to be written in it and radiating void energies, which Tykki can detect."
You are making many assumptions, particularly about Tykki's infallibility. Besides which, multiple books may mean they are all wrong. And besides that, they would have had to gain their knowledge from somewhere; either by observing those cults formed around the few Void beings that managed to establish cults in their worlds(and would be noticeable mostly by the harm they did, as those cults that did no such things would not be discovered nearly so easily, thus skewing the data), or by conversing with the Void. And if the Void lies...well, how can you trust anything the books say either? And where did they come from, if they were originally from other Bubbles? How did they get to ours? Via the Void?

"I refuse. My books are all tightly guarded by me personally, after the library was raided they have become comparatively rare. Get your own."
Then make copies of them, and allow me to peruse the copies. If you believe it will take Essence, I will even gift you with a single Essence in return for them, if they do cost such. Surely you cannot object to me trying to gain knowledge in the manner that you propose I do so? Unless, of course, these books do not contain the information you say they do, which will be the only conclusion left me should you refuse.

"You cannot blame the weapon or its salesman for the conflict. The loss of life would happen in any case, they are not even elevating it as most noticeable loss-of-life has been caused by the Gods. The swords, save for a few void-tainted ones, do not cause the wielder to do their actions."

One does not place a knife into the hands of a man prone to fits of anger. One does not taunt an alcoholic with wine. It is enabling violence, and heightening it, though I cannot argue with the second part. Swords do not cause the act of violence; but a man in fury with a blade in hand is far more likely to kill the target of his anger than a man in fury with no weapon at all.

(I just wanted to get out a post quickly.)
"The Orb also increases the person's best attribute. Whether that's natural charisma, magical ability, fighting skill, anything. Since priests are good at talking to people and being generally good people Yaos had faith that he could sort out the empire in a peaceful manner with the Orb's help."
I believe the townsmen have a different view of the situation, and I find it difficult to place my trust in anyone these days, as of right now.

That should change soon, however....
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: November 21, 2014, 11:55:59 pm »

Consider how many lives have been lost in the conflicts between Gruen and Humans already. Consider the deaths caused by the Inquisition crushing cultists that they felt were dangerous or went too far against the Empire. While Yaos and I may not have actively enjoyed causing death, neither one of us were ever so concerned with it that we would let it get in the way of our objectives. Even after Yaos wanted to stop the war and even after he cut back on cult persecution, it was only a little while after that he forcibly claimed moons. Putting aside momentarily whether or not he had a right to them, Yaos said he would use force if anyone went against his wishes. So yes. I was willing to use force just like Yaos was willing.

Death wasn't the objective. It was an unfortunate side effect of me sending the Dragon to disrupt the Empire's forces in the Capital. A situation not too different from how killing wasn't Yaos's objective when he sent out the inquisition on various cults. These were simply side effects of another goal.

"Yaos claimed a mere quarter of a moon. With Anath in stasis, he was realistically claiming just over a sixth of the moons assuming the other gods just asked for their moons. Please don't compare the accidental deaths of a few Human-eating or Human-killing cultists to a straight-out genocidal attack. At least yaos tried to rectify that issue."

"I am about to get them back right now. Taking them in the first place, after being the one to kill me, already angers me enough. The Hungry one was right about you grabbing for power in every way."
"He grabbed barely more power than he was owed, and that's only because another god is in stasis and won't claim his moon. She was also in the midst of giving you everything she took when she was killed. She was going to vote to release your angels and give back your weapons. We could only comply with the last order."

"Would he? I don't believe that he would. You think highly of that corrupted god. He is dead, you must realize this."
"She tries to save your life. Blamed for your death. She tries to locate a possible sacrificial god. Called greedy. Gives up claim on the angels. Some kind of plot. She tries to bring you back to life. Obviously a Void plot. Tries to give back your angels and your weapons. KILLED. What happened to her was unjust."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: November 22, 2014, 12:03:56 am »

The point wasn't the moons it was that Yaos was willing to use force to get what he wanted. Or at least the pretense of force. I highly doubt there have only been a few deaths at the hands of the Empire's inquisitors and yes Yaos made some attempts to make peace or improvements at several points. Considering that I pulled back my forces instead of finishing off what I started, I think it could be said I am not completely heartless myself though.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: November 22, 2014, 12:09:02 am »

The point wasn't the moons it was that Yaos was willing to use force to get what he wanted. Or at least the pretense of force. I highly doubt there have only been a few deaths at the hands of the Empire's inquisitors and yes Yaos made some attempts to make peace or improvements at several points. Considering that I pulled back my forces instead of finishing off what I started, I think it could be said I am not completely heartless myself though.
"It was less her using force to get what she wanted and more her using force to keep what she owned. There have indeed been more than a few dead at the hands of the Inquisitors. A lot of cults had been established and executions were a punishment levied against more than a few particularly evil cultists. Accidental killings went waaaaaaay down after blackjacks were introduced, as anticipated."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: November 22, 2014, 12:10:20 am »

Your Tykki can scan me if she wishes; I have not been corrupted by the Void. If the Void is Evil, it is literally my antithesis, and as such I am likely immune or at least resistant to such corruption.

"That is a dangerous belief, though I assume that if you have any obvious void corruption you would be able to hide it."

You are making many assumptions, particularly about Tykki's infallibility. Besides which, multiple books may mean they are all wrong. And besides that, they would have had to gain their knowledge from somewhere; either by observing those cults formed around the few Void beings that managed to establish cults in their worlds(and would be noticeable mostly by the harm they did, as those cults that did no such things would not be discovered nearly so easily, thus skewing the data), or by conversing with the Void. And if the Void lies...well, how can you trust anything the books say either? And where did they come from, if they were originally from other Bubbles? How did they get to ours? Via the Void?

"Why would Tykki fail to notice something powerful enough to corrupt even a God? I have accounts on all cults, at least I think I do, meaning we have a variety of information to pull from. There are plenty of sources who did not communicate with the void in any way. No, it is likely an effect of the Godly Library, which has always had books from other bubbles."

Then make copies of them, and allow me to peruse the copies. If you believe it will take Essence, I will even gift you with a single Essence in return for them, if they do cost such. Surely you cannot object to me trying to gain knowledge in the manner that you propose I do so? Unless, of course, these books do not contain the information you say they do, which will be the only conclusion left me should you refuse.

"That is not a bad idea. I will have my mortal servants copy down books on any subject you request, though be aware many of the more useful books still mysteriously vanish in transit."

One does not place a knife into the hands of a man prone to fits of anger. One does not taunt an alcoholic with wine. It is enabling violence, and heightening it, though I cannot argue with the second part. Swords do not cause the act of violence; but a man in fury with a blade in hand is far more likely to kill the target of his anger than a man in fury with no weapon at all.

"Why not? Call him a beserker and throw him to the front line. If he is prone to anger, allow him to express that in a way that supports the greater good. It is neither enabling or heightening violence, it is only profiting from it. There is no reason that would be wrong. We currently have no medical technology, a good hit with a fist is just as likely to kill someone as a good hit with a blade. Especially if that is an Armu, Golem, or other non-human creature doing the punching."

"As for Yaos's Angel, why do I listen to you if you are going to hide away? I should just kill you and be done with it."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: November 22, 2014, 12:15:13 am »

"Oh? Do you want to fight me in the Death Battle Plane? Bring it!"

@Tykki: "Hey Tykki. Before anything happens, I'd just like you to know that I have nothing against you. With that said, do you want to have a friendly match in the DBP? It'll be fun. I'll be here so if you want to fight, just show up."
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 475