Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 420224 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #960 on: November 11, 2014, 05:57:51 pm »

Well, this is the OOC thread...
and you are having IC arguments.

Yeah, borderline IC/OOC conversation. Continuing this in the IC thread might make sense and it would allow more players to get involved in an in-character way.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 11, 2014, 06:06:34 pm »

Well, this is the OOC thread...
and you are having IC arguments.

I was most definitely OOC. I don't see how it could be taken any other way.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 11, 2014, 06:09:33 pm »

The most magical race serves you devoutly for the moment. What is preventing me from making a more magical race?

Violence stopped them in the sense that they died. Their cause, however, still succeeded.

Finally, no, goodness doesn't work on it's own. I'm not stupid, nor is Darruth, you know.

And that's all for the OOC thread argument.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 11, 2014, 06:19:10 pm »

(I knew they where flammable, I would have just blown it up with high explosives assuming you evacuated enough people. Why in the world is there a mill in the middle of a crowded area? You would think they need to be out where they can get some wind/water.)
It was in a crowded area? I thought it was sitting alone at the top of a hill, and when it was energy blasted, an unexpectedly large explosion happened that sent shrapnel flying into the town below.

I altered the orders later on. It went from 'arrest people who enter' to 'observe people who enter'.

You said execute, and changed it after the DM had already posted.
I did say execute, but no executions happened. My argument was that you said executions happened when they actually didn't. That is all.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 11, 2014, 06:24:52 pm »

A group of shady figures have released a number of non-Void-related people currently held at re-education facilities and prisons. Some of them seem to have been slated for execution. Needless to say, the Inquisition has announced the search.

That is the reason nobody got executed, presumably.

It was in a crowded area? I thought it was sitting alone at the top of a hill, and when it was energy blasted, an unexpectedly large explosion happened that sent shrapnel flying into the town below.

Explosions are unpredictable, you really should have evacuated anything nearby. Like, have a picnic on the other side of town or something. Because bombs where going to be dropped on it, and if they where anywhere within a block it would have been much worse.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 11, 2014, 06:41:53 pm »

That is the reason nobody got executed, presumably.
Actually it was because there was some confusion over who had jurisdiction over the mill so the Inquisition didn't really do anything. The whole 'prisoners escaping' thing was some other prisoners from other raids escaping. No prisoners or deaths happened from any of the mill activities.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 11, 2014, 06:54:22 pm »

Actually it was because there was some confusion over who had jurisdiction over the mill so the Inquisition didn't really do anything. The whole 'prisoners escaping' thing was some other prisoners from other raids escaping. No prisoners or deaths happened from any of the mill activities.

Well the point was that you intended to kill them anyway, since the question was of your morality....

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 11, 2014, 07:09:35 pm »

Well the point was that you intended to kill them anyway, since the question was of your morality....
My morality was questioned because I apparently forgot about people I killed, but as it turns out I didn't remember that I killed them because I didn't kill them. Whether or not the intention was to kill them was not the moral question that was being asked.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 11, 2014, 07:11:07 pm »

Intent is important, but execution can be justified, depending on the situation.

So the god of weapons trying to lecture the god of humans about the value of human life is rather, uhh...stupid?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 11, 2014, 07:14:24 pm »

So the god of weapons trying to lecture the god of humans about the value of human life is rather, uhh...stupid?

We are OOC. In character debates are punishable by time out. So it is Stirk lecturing Andres.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 11, 2014, 07:21:48 pm »

Intent is important, but execution can be justified, depending on the situation.
Indeed, but that's a wholly different question that officially hasn't been asked yet.

Oh, yes. Quite. That hasn't really been happening here, though. We've just been having a polite argument because he said that I forgot I killed someone, when I never killed that someone in the first place.

So it is Stirk lecturing Andres.
I hope you only say "lecturing" because that's how Rolepgeek decided to label our little argument.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 11, 2014, 07:35:13 pm »

I thought it was about forgetting that you ordered people killed.

Which you changed anyway, so...I dunno.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 11, 2014, 07:38:29 pm »

Nope. That was never in question. I did. But no one was killed. The question was that I'd forgotten that I killed someone. But I didn't. So, yeah.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 11, 2014, 07:44:03 pm »

Nope. That was never in question. I did. But no one was killed. The question was that I'd forgotten that I killed someone. But I didn't. So, yeah.
Semantics
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #974 on: November 11, 2014, 08:13:46 pm »

How about this:

Orders/Actions in IC must be EBWOP, just like in Mafia. The double post is a small price to pay for not needing a discussion about ambiguities in the post or changes to significant agreements where no one has a backup copy or the motivation to do PGP signing for every post.

ADDIT:
Summary: There's too much post-editing going on. Double post instead of edit. Case in point. :P
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:20:18 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 350