Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119778 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Warlock player wanted. :)
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2014, 05:58:09 pm »

Do you normally use the laptop keybindings?
Yes, think I just messed up my install.  After rechecking all of the Fortress races in Civs tab, I'm still only seeing the Dwarven civ available.
I had to upload a new save for the dwarven civ, because the original world we were using had none. I think you downloaded the wrong save. This http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10290 is the one with all civs (except the dwarves).
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2014, 06:04:01 pm »

Do you normally use the laptop keybindings?
Yes, think I just messed up my install.  After rechecking all of the Fortress races in Civs tab, I'm still only seeing the Dwarven civ available.
I had to upload a new save for the dwarven civ, because the original world we were using had none. I think you downloaded the wrong save. This http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10290 is the one with all civs (except the dwarves).

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2014, 06:05:43 pm »

Dwarves or orcs can probably gear up and explore... How far down does that cave passage go?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:31 pm »

☼The Testy Jungle☼

The Testy Jungle is our embark location. Under thick vegetation a lot of history is hidden. Corpses of former conflicts, secret lairs of vampires and nightcreatures, places of duels and caves full of monsters.

Notable battles: 2
- The Clash of Boots as part of The Conflict of Lightning The Cursed Cavern    Vs. The Teal Murder   (V) (Deaths: 31)
- The Clashes of Throwing as part of The Ignited Wars The Even Islands    Vs. The Incest of Drips   (V) (Deaths: 26)

The Conflict of Lightning was a war between the Drow and the Warlocks (of the Teal Murder, our Warlock player). Yetune Plandevils, the Drow, led the attack. The heroic Warlock Meuleb Floodspring, with his trusty pet forest gryphon, held the defense. This happened in Year 29, just before the fortresses started. Meuleb also held the line 28 years ago against the very same attacker, after he came home from a succesful battle against the Elves that he led. While the Warlocks won that battle, no clear victor was ever found in the war, and a peace was declared. Meuleb Floodspring returned to his home of Humidtrouble, only to find the dark fortress deserted. In our year 30, he is its only resident.

The second war happened in year 11, called "The Ignited Wars". Two major battles were fought between the Nagas and the Orcs (of the Incest of Drips, our Orc player). A party of 8 Nagas and their dire lions attacked, all of which died at the hands of the Orcs, led by Talata Pleatscourge, a female snaga. Her hobby was taming Screech Owls, but not long after the battle she was struck down by a Bronze Colossus.

Many a traveller have met their end in the Testy Jungles:

Despite the danger, many entities came to our little corner of the world.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:18:38 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2014, 06:21:45 pm »

Dwarves or orcs can probably gear up and explore... How far down does that cave passage go?
Usually to the first cavern. I didnt check if it has a connection to the second, but I dont think so. I only know that frog people run around in there, and reptile people, and that something is killing them.

Edit: Wow, the leader of the Warlocks is quite the badass.

Whip is a vampire lord born in -181.

Associated Spheres: death, war and night

Interaction Knowledge: WAR_SECRET, SUMMONER, DARK_SORCERER, MINOR_VAMPIRE_CURSE_1, MINOR_VAMPIRE_CURSE_2, MINOR_VAMPIRE_CURSE_3, LICH, INFERNOMANCER, COREXP1, SECRET_1, SECRET_2, SECRET_3, SECRET_4, SECRET_5, SECRET_6, SECRET_7, SECRET_8, SECRET_9, SECRET_10, SECRET_11, SECRET_12, SECRET_13, SECRET_14, SECRET_15, SECRET_16, SECRET_17, SECRET_18, SECRET_19, SECRET_20, SECRET_21, SECRET_22, SECRET_23, SECRET_24, SECRET_25, SECRET_26, SECRET_27, SECRET_28, SECRET_29, SECRET_30, SECRET_31, SECRET_32, SECRET_33, SECRET_34, SECRET_35, SECRET_36, SECRET_37, SECRET_38, SECRET_39, SECRET_40, SECRET_41, SECRET_42, SECRET_43, SECRET_44, SECRET_45, SECRET_46, SECRET_47, SECRET_48, SECRET_49, SECRET_50, SECRET_51 and SECRET_52

He has so many secret abilities, I dont want to know what happens if someone stumbles upon him in combat.

Positions: Master Sorcerer of The Teal Murder  (27 - Present)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:32:51 pm by Meph »

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2014, 07:19:53 pm »

The Hermit - 31 Year, Winter

1st Moonstone, 31.
As winter started, I’ve decided to craft several important things. First of all, I needed a pick. Digging with a shovel is really hard. Then I’ll smelt a steel axe I’ve found outside and try to make an anvil for metallurgist’s forge.

3rd Moonstone, 31.
Crafted a pick yesterday. No more breaking shovels! Smelted the axe into two steel ingots. Not enough to for an anvil.

8th Moonstone, 31.
I have tons of rotten food. Need to get rid of it. Perhaps, I’ll move it outside.
Placed two new cage traps at the main entrance.

13th Moonstone, 31.
Had to build a wall to block the only passage to the cavern. Too many strange and scary creatures there. Though most of them have to be hallucinations caused by The Dice, some of them must be real. Wall is sure the best way to solve the problem.

16th Moonstone, 31.
Spent almost whole day thinking of what to do next. Remembered that I have never tried to work with glass. Tomorrow I’ll build myself glass furnace. The funny thing is that I can collect sand right near the furnace. Half of my cave is made of sand.

20th Moonstone, 31.
Two raccoons got caged today. Good that I’ve installed more traps. Not sure what to do with the creatures, though. The first thought is to dig a new room and turn it into a zoo. Then I should probably make some kind of training grounds and train everybody who got caught into my pets. Except the niths, of course. Those little buggers can only go to their cage.

22nd Moonstone, 31.
Made several new rooms for new workshops. Will make some bags for sand first, I think. Then I’ll make myself some windows.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

26th Moonstone, 31.
Decided to get rid of stone before making glass. Archaeology seems to be a good way to do this.

3rd Opal, 31.
Spent about a week excavating stones. This is amazing. I managed to find and restore many amulets, dices and amulets. Also I’ve found an intact obsidian spear and then a treasure chest. I’ll open it after I move everything to the stockpiles.

5th Opal, 31.
To make some space to store restored crafts, I’ve decided to clean my stockpiles a bit. Installed several cages into the biggest new room. Transferred raccoons, reptile women and the giant drowspider in them, effectively creating a zoo. Moved all my wool to the new workbench. Now I should install three doors and I’ll get a lot of free space for archaeology findings.

7th Opal, 31.
Building alchemist’s and poisoner’s workbenches freed even more space and now I can finally remove everything from archaeologist’s one.

9th Opal, 31.
Got to opening the treasure chest. Obtained a gold training hammer from it. Average luck. I think I’d better smelt it.

11th Opal, 31.
Today I’ve decided to engrave all the walls in my room. I should take some time, I think.

18th Opal, 31.
I’ve finished all the engravings. A couple of them is truly great, others are a bit worse. Now I’ll do some mining to obtain more gems and try encasing The Dice in gems. Hope it will work.

16th Obsidian, 31.
Did lots of digging. Now I have many raw cassiterite. Changing my furniture to metal one is in plans.

20th Obsidian, 31.
Today I began to understand the basics of kakapo taming. I think I’ll be able to release my parrot in the cave.

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2014, 07:57:24 pm »

The Hermit - 31 Year
Fortress Overview

Top of the cave. Outside.

Personal quarters.

The second floor.

Main floor.

The lowest floor.

Cassiterite mines.

Wealth, animals and deceased.
List of the deceased units is posted without disappeared hallucinations.

The Dice

Download fort - http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10297

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2014, 09:01:50 pm »

Log of Zatalatgothra in the year 31.

The great Shamans have deemed that the time of glory is once again at hand.  As is our tradition, a select group of Orcs have been chosen to venture forth, that we might garner wealth and honor for our entire civilization.  My name is Zatalatgothra (I-D to my friends), Clan Leader and first Overseer of Peacedemonic (Gaashamalatug in the ancient tongue).  This is no outcaste expedition, filled by grunts and criminals.  No, we are true-blood Orcs, given the support of all our fellows.  We set out with both pickaxe & greataxe, an ample supply of food & wine, various tools, and a few spare bronze bars.  We were also granted a mighty gift, one that will surely be a surprise to our foes 8)

I look down from atop the hillside, and know we have reached our destination.  The nearby cave is somewhat worrying though, and I order our base camp moved down onto the meadow.  A cursory examination of the mountain shows copper, lesser gems, even some rock crystal.  I pay it no heed, we have more important matters right now.  As I outline a section of forest for clear cutting and subsequent workshops, I realize that this is perhaps the most distinct difference between us and the stunties.  They dig the Earth for no reason than wealth itself, content to hoard their fortunes until the end of time.  We dig for purpose, first and foremost to supply our military might, bringing terror to the lesser races.

The miners had just begone hollowing out a proper retreat in the mountain side when I hear one of the peons bellow a warning cry.  Niths from the cave!  We're under attack!  Do you recall that mighty gift of which I spoke?
The Niths attack at the exact moment when the pack is split up, for they have been dutifully following us up and down the hill as we move supplies to base camp.  In true Orc fashion, the sentry wolf shows neither hesitation nor fear, charging the foul creatures and receiving quite a beating in the process.

Heeding the call to arms, we all rush the hillside, and the Niths quickly find themselves outmatched.
When the dust settles, our only casualty is the sentry wolf who suffered a couple broken toes.  She has been given skull tattoos as a sign of our respect.  The Niths however...  Well, see for yourself;

The remaining Niths have retreated in various forms of injury, I doubt we'll be seeing them again any time soon.  The first workshops come into being just as the initial bedrooms are dug out.  Soon we shall have proper beds and a few Traps to secure us until the walls are complete.  We'll want to deal with that cave in the coming weeks.  For now however, the score stands at Orcs 1, Nature 0.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2014, 09:18:48 pm »

Taupe: I thought people had more time over christmas, seeing how they dont have to work.

Really depends on your job. If you're in a store like I am, it's OT extravagenza, and you gotta spend your free time travelling around to endure your relatives.

You migh as well skip me, because from what I can see, people will be on year 3 before I can even begin.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 22, 2014, 04:03:17 am »

I think I figured out what may be wrong - I tried 'Create New World (recommended)' and it came up with:

I have no idea why it's saying this or what that thing even means, but after I close that pop up the entire thing shuts down. Another thing - the MDF GUI thing came with every option being turned off or blank. Dunno what that was about.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 22, 2014, 04:25:57 am »

Tried downloading a clean copy of MDF 6.2? It looks like your archive was corrupted and is missing raws.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2014, 05:38:24 am »

Okay, downloading a 'clean copy' has just made things worse. Winrar is failing to extract it now - it get's to about 87% (I think it tries to unpack something called buildingplan.dll or something like that) and an error log pops up. For a split second. Then the entire laptop shuts down. *pinches bridge of nose* This is not how I wanted to spend my day.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2014, 09:58:25 am »

I've finished my year.  I'll do the write up later today.  But now, it's time to go to work and fix a contractors "mistake" from 1972.

*Shakes fist at masons*

IgnusPoppingtonIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2014, 10:42:22 am »

I'm doing warlock Year one right now. It's gonna be a while, as the rivers killing my FPS

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 22, 2014, 10:52:44 am »

The Hermit - 31 Year
Fortress Overview
[a lot of stuff I probably shouldn't keep in my response]
Download fort - http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10297
Alright, so, do you have any advice for me? I've never done a succession game before, but I think I'll be okay. Is there anything significant you did that you didn't make note of. I remember you built a sundial, but I don't remember any mention of setting it.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43