Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise: More like Galaxy Fall, AMIRITE?  (Read 30030 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise: Woops.
« Reply #405 on: April 21, 2015, 02:51:02 pm »

D'oh.  So much for suggesting "Use the shuttle to look for Hensen."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise: Woops.
« Reply #406 on: April 21, 2015, 05:22:34 pm »

"It's not like we can use our magic U.E.F. secure radios that every U.E.F. civilian has, and keeps a secret, to find that person, Captain. We'd probably have to think of a more complex plan."
(She's kidding in the first part)

And Hensen is(was?) the Security Officer. Basically in charge of anything related with combat/tactics, whether via ships or via soldiers.

EDIT: I've decided to lock this post and make a new one. Going to wait a bit to do it, though. In case anyone thinks otherwise.
Reasoning for this is that it'd be pretty hard to follow for anyone new, and a new organized thread (with a summary of events) would help a lot.
This is an edit instead of a new post to prevent unneeded bumping.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 10:19:06 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise: Totally not KOTOR!
« Reply #407 on: April 22, 2015, 10:54:31 pm »

Oookay, so:
After accidently wiping the WIP new post, I realized that I've strayed too far from the original goal for Galaxy Rise. I want(ed) it to be a primarily strategy game, with some personal elements in it.
That goal faltered a bit near the end, and then I wiped it completely with the revival.

So, my (suggestion/plan) is that I'll make a new topic, but start it more tradionally - create a character, maybe choose your ship/crew/original mission, then do the regular "command forces to save the galaxy" thing. I'd definitely still keep Hensen/Lip/Donnely, though; since those characters were more or less my first attempt at real characters instead of the "You tell him to do this, he says okay" method I use(d) way too often.
Basically: New thread where you create a new character/ship/etc., but keep the original bridge crew. New thread will then be focused more on the strategy element. (and revival will be discarded)

I'll probably do this either later today or tomorrow. I still like the idea of a SG in space, though. If I ever am 100% certain I can manage two games at once (read: never), maybe I'll revisit this concept.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise: Totally not KOTOR!
« Reply #408 on: April 22, 2015, 11:06:15 pm »

Maybe there should be some options as to who should be your officers? For a security officer, one candidate could be better at leading and another candidate could be better at training and so forth.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]