Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Interest Check] Clashing Biomes succession game?  (Read 2253 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
[Interest Check] Clashing Biomes succession game?
« on: December 31, 2014, 07:59:10 pm »

Edit; http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147150.0

I've been derping around with WorldGen a fair bit lately.  I got the idea in my head to see what happens when 'Giant' animals of the Joyous Wilds become zombified or otherwise afflicted by Evil Syndromes.  Is there any interest in such a community Fortress?  Would probably try for a 1-week turn time, only need a Saturday to play through a year (though obviously flexibility allowed as needed).  Also this could be either 40.xx or Masterwork.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 05:00:56 pm by Immortal-D »

SkaiaMechanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Interest Check] Clashing Biomes succession game?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 08:04:10 pm »

Zombified giant powerful creatures? What could possibly go wrong?

I'd be interested.
I'm running out of dogs. I'm running out of bolts.
I'm running out of dwarves.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 08:12:59 pm »

Giant zombie unicorns!

I'd like to see how it goes.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 10:05:55 pm »

It occurs to me in my admittedly rather sluggish champagne-induced state that this is actually New Years eve.  Still, I tihink that 2 additional Oversers is a good start.  I will ssartart cooking a worldd, pu t up th e thread tomorrow.  Now the most imporrtant consideration; Do we want to use Masterwork or Vanlla?  The big difference as I see it; Vanilla has climbing enemies, while Masterwork has digging & razing (building/wall destroyer) enemies.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 10:30:33 pm »

I like how this is going. Go for it.
:)
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 01:58:19 am »

can i be dorfed as a legendary mechanic
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 01:01:32 pm »

Wow, my spelling while champagne'd is actually pretty good.  After all the guests & champagne were accounted for, I started cooking a few worlds and tweaking them (props to user 'vjek' for the original seed).  Just need to decide if this is going to be 40.19 (last version I know to have Therapist and tile sets) or Masterwork.
can i be dorfed as a legendary mechanic
The first available Mechanic is all yours.

SkaiaMechanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 01:24:15 pm »

I vote 40.19 out of comfort and updates, but Masterwork has a ton of neat features of it's own, so I could adjust fairly easily.
I'm running out of dogs. I'm running out of bolts.
I'm running out of dwarves.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 03:31:22 pm »

The sheer variety of equipment and siege races available in Masterwork is what keeps me using it for my normal games.  On the other hand; without climbing, a simple 1-Urist high wall can stop an army.  Hmm.  I like to think that a community Fort should not have its' Overseers completely comfortable :P  If Pencil is ok with using Masterwork, I will make the World using it.  I have most of the parameters set, just toying with elevations.  Here are the vital stats (for now, open to suggestions);

Embark Points: 2500
Ending Year: 120
Mineral Scarcity: 500 (medium-high frequency)
Megabeasts: 25
Semi-Megas: 40
Titans: 5
Clown Types: 6
Werebeast Types: 10
Evil Cloud Types: 3
Evil Rain Types: 3

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 03:42:50 pm »

I don't mind. Got to get used to one z level trees, though.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 08:11:51 pm »

It occurs to me in my admittedly rather sluggish champagne-induced state that this is actually New Years eve.  Still, I tihink that 2 additional Oversers is a good start.  I will ssartart cooking a worldd, pu t up th e thread tomorrow.  Now the most imporrtant consideration; Do we want to use Masterwork or Vanlla?  The big difference as I see it; Vanilla has climbing enemies, while Masterwork has digging & razing (building/wall destroyer) enemies.

i sooooooo hope you were drunk when typing this, i can remember making drunk posts similar to this (type every 10 words) when i was at university.

Can i dorf'd in the military? if i get attached to anything wooden, i will want a serious conversation with overseers involved :P
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 07:35:50 pm »

i sooooooo hope you were drunk when typing this, i can remember making drunk posts similar to this (type every 10 words) when i was at university.

Can i dorf'd in the military? if i get attached to anything wooden, i will want a serious conversation with overseers involved :P
I haven't the faintest how the subject of Dwarf Fortress arose at the party, but I felt the need to write down the idea between champagne and rounds of CAH, lol.  You have been dorfed, please direct attention here; http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147150.0