Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Storming The Compound (sign up/rules) (7 of 7 commandos)  (Read 11027 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Storming The Compound (sign up/rules) (7 of 7 commandos)
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2015, 01:07:11 am »

Color? I imagined you as an orange for some reason, but that's taken.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2015, 01:09:04 am »

Purple works just fine for me.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2015, 01:10:31 am »

Updated the map.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2015, 02:22:07 am »

Actually in all honesty if it's 400 terrorists they should have just railgunned the place.

Or dropped a rod from god(yeah yeah it might be inaccurate that's why you drop like six).

I'll drop with the rest.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2015, 02:33:20 am »

Color?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2015, 10:23:29 am »

Color?
Green, since orange and red are taken. Or blue.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2015, 02:30:13 pm »

Map updated. waiting on AseaHeru, 3man75 and Funk to submit their landing spot and colors

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2015, 03:07:28 pm »

Next to the front door of the Flak tower.

Colors Yellow.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2015, 06:26:16 pm »

Maroon, and why are we selecting landing areas if we all land in the woods two days earlier?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2015, 01:33:02 am »

Next to the front door of the Flak tower.

Colors Yellow.

YOU CANNOT DO THAT. re-read OP

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2015, 03:33:12 am »

Except there's nothing there that justifies us not dropping inside the perimeter, aside from the general telling us we're supposed to drop 10km outside the perimeter. How about adding a short line to the briefing: "If you approach the compound from directly above, then the enemy's outdated automated point defenses don't have to lead your craft as much, and speed of your drop pod won't be able to guarantee that you won't be slashed out of the sky by anti-aircraft fire." That would solve the problem, I think.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2015, 04:40:27 am »

Except there's nothing there that justifies us not dropping inside the perimeter, aside from the general telling us we're supposed to drop 10km outside the perimeter. How about adding a short line to the briefing: "If you approach the compound from directly above, then the enemy's outdated automated point defenses don't have to lead your craft as much, and speed of your drop pod won't be able to guarantee that you won't be slashed out of the sky by anti-aircraft fire." That would solve the problem, I think.

The mission is to drop while the marines are dropping, and if they fail (which they will for the sake of the game), wait two days and attack. NOT TO JOIN THE MARINES IN THE INITIAL ASSAULT

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2015, 09:27:01 am »

The mission is to drop while the marines are dropping, and if they fail (which they will for the sake of the game), wait two days and attack. NOT TO JOIN THE MARINES IN THE INITIAL ASSAULT

Why didn't the marines drop inside the compound?

And why are the higher ups wasting so much money and soldiers planning to get them killed?

And why would attacking via drop pod be somehow able to be prepared for more or expected two days after the initial assault versus coming out of the woods(since, you know, most fortified positions are built to defend against ground assault first and foremost)?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2015, 01:02:59 pm »

Oh I see.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2015, 05:00:42 am »

Why didn't the marines drop inside the compound?

And why are the higher ups wasting so much money and soldiers planning to get them killed?

And why would attacking via drop pod be somehow able to be prepared for more or expected two days after the initial assault versus coming out of the woods(since, you know, most fortified positions are built to defend against ground assault first and foremost)?

First of all, the marines do drop inside the compound and everwhere there is a purple cross. we drop into the woods at the same time as they drop into the compound. we then wait two days if the marines fail, then we move in. the defences will be largely unmanned while manpower is diverted into repairing.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8