Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 102483 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Two - The-Times-They-Are-A-Changeling
« Reply #600 on: March 03, 2015, 08:07:24 pm »

I just said, It is a feeling most likely because I am still a bit frustrated with you from the argument.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 03, 2015, 08:08:02 pm »

Origami, I've been reasonably active, but you see me as more scummy than other people who haven't been around, and thus haven't been scumhunting? (Tiruin, Shakerag etc.)
I did promise a post and it shall occur!
Technical difficulties ahoy. ;_;

I have been keeping note however--so any queries anyone has to me, please ask!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 03, 2015, 10:28:34 pm »

Like the fact that I used up my action for D2 recalling changeling on February 27 at 10 PM EST, which is exactly the time Tiruin lost all of her changelings.
Can anyone else confirm this?

hector13: You didn't answer my question.  I asked whether you think Tiruin is lying about gaining guilty conscience.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 03, 2015, 11:44:41 pm »

Like the fact that I used up my action for D2 recalling changeling on February 27 at 10 PM EST, which is exactly the time Tiruin lost all of her changelings.

hector13: You didn't answer my question.  I asked whether you think Tiruin is lying about gaining guilty conscience.
]
I can confirm that.

Also shakerag I will answer you question when I remind myself of what it is refering too.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #604 on: March 04, 2015, 09:32:01 am »

The acid toad casts self-cleanse and self-bless and its legs sprout back stronger than before. It pulls out a little shiv with the rune for kill etched into the hilt and advances on the monks cooking its wayward appendages.

"Yes, yes," says an abbot, "this is all very dramatic, but what are we doing about the malefactors?"

Votes
4maskwolf
Shakerag
Varee - [1] - Deus Asmoth
origamiscienceguy
Flabort
Hector13
Tiruin
TheDarkStar - [3] - Flabort, Hector13, origamiscienceguy
Deus Asmoth - [1] - Shakerag
Persus13 - [1] 4maskwolf

Mask colours: Red, Green, Bronze, White, Gold, Silver, Blue, Orange, Brown, Purple, Turquoise, Yellow, Black, Violet

Dead Masks
Spoiler: Cream (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pink (click to show/hide)

The day ends 12AM GMT on the 5th (in about 9.5 hours), or on a hammer of 6 votes.

Tiruin
NQT: If a person gets hit by multiple changelings, what happens to their role and to the changeling-sender's role? Do both people who targeted that person get a copy of their target's role?
I direct you to the relevant section in the OP:

As this is a nightless mafia, all actions resolve in the order in which they're submitted

If someone is hit with a Changeling, their role is swapped. If they're hit by a second Changeling, their new role is swapped with a third role. The first person to target the victim would get the victim's role, the second person would get the first person's role (or whatever was left of it after the victim bought, sold, swapped things etc.). Unlike in regular mafia there is never any action ordering conflict as the actions happen in the order in which they're submitted or queued.

NQT: If Delete is used on someone and there are multiples of the determined power/auto, does only one of the stack get permanently removed or does the whole similarity get deleted?
Delete only removes one copy of the power.

4maskwolf
NQT: Would a player who is blackmailed have their vote disappear/not appear in the votecount?
A blackmailed player is treated exactly the same way as a player with the 'unable-to-vote' flaw, and their vote would not appear on the vote-count.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:29:57 am by notquitethere »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 04, 2015, 09:41:45 am »

NQT: I had moved my vote to TDS.

What about Recall? If someone recalled changeling and Tiruin had three copies of it, would they all be sold or only one?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 04, 2015, 09:42:33 am »

Mhm...

Varee may have been blackmailed on D1, due to his lack of a vote, which provides more evidence for my theory that one scumteam (be it the only one or one of two) has a role based around vote fuckery.  My vote... urk.

You guys sort this out, I'm going to school, and may all hell freeze over in my absence.  My vote stays right where it is, particularly because despite claiming not to have guilty conscience Persus13 ISN'T VOTING!

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 04, 2015, 10:07:30 am »

Recall sell all copy of a power for everyone. At elast that is what happen to my changelings

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 04, 2015, 10:23:58 am »

SHakerag: I cant find the test you were refering to in the question? I will try again later.... The server maintainace is a little annoying ....

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 04, 2015, 10:32:34 am »

Flabort
NQT: I had moved my vote to TDS.
Ach, I actually double-checked this time. I think my wide-monitor makes it very easy to miss votes, especially little ones made up of only three letters hidden in a post.

If someone recalled changeling and Tiruin had three copies of it, would they all be sold or only one?
Recall removes all copies of a power held by anyone in the game.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 04, 2015, 10:40:20 am »

Recall sell all copy of a power for everyone. At elast that is what happen to my changelings
I can verify. Both my changelings were sold.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 04, 2015, 11:11:37 am »

Deus Asmoth:
That's got to be the weakest justification for a vote that I've seen so far. Why would I, as scum, be less careful with who I voted for or claimed to scumread than I would as town?
Why would you, as town, be less careful with who you voted for or claimed to scumread than you would as scum?  Maybe it's just me, but I think you should be careful regardless of alignment.  And your lack of care I find suspicious.
What's your opinion of Persus and Tiruin, since both of them have done less scumhunting than me?
I like how you're trying to shift attention off of you on to someone else.  As I said above, I can never read Tiruin (and she's having net problems right now anyway), and Persus13 hasn't really pinged on my radar.  I suppose I will give Persus13 a closer look on your recommendation, but I still don't like how you're all "Hey!  Don't look at me!  Look at these two other guys who are way scummier!"
And what's your justification for doing less scumhunting than I have yourself if you're going to try lynch me based on inactivity?
-I'm not trying to lynch you on inactivity.
-My justification for not having a high post count (because I question your assertion that I'm doing less scumhunting) is having a full time job during the day, taking care of a disabled SO in the evenings, and being an alcoholic narcoleptic at night.  So I post when I can.  As I said before, I try to get out at least one significant post per weekday.

Someone immediately unvoting after getting besmirched would seem more likely to be scum to me.
I doubt scum would immediately unvote after get besmirched, unless it was right before end of day or someone was at L-1.  Having said that, pretend you're town for a second.  What are the odds you would be voting at day end if you had besmirched?

4maskwolf:
Shakerag: Quit defending, OSG can take care of himself.
I know that.  Big boy games, remember?  But I do like to call out possible bullshit when I see it.

Persus13:
Start of D2 there were two vote candidates, TDS from D1 and OSG. In a game like this, I feel that there would be more lynch cases and if the lynch leader was scum there would be an alternative lynch case by the scum in order to get someone who wasn't their buddy lynched. Now I just think it was a sign of low activity or something as people are more active and votes are more all over the place.
On one hand I want to ask why every living player isn't a lynch candidate, but I think you're using the term "lynch candidate" to refer to the player(s) who are being voted for by a number of people.  Is that correct? 

Varee:
*sigh*
Here and here and here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 04, 2015, 01:14:02 pm »

It seems somewhat unlikely that the scum team would be the ones using recall, since if they're going for poison kills, cleanse would be a higher priority to get rid of. So, the choices are: multiple scum teams, a town/third party with recall, or a town/third party with infect/poison.

Standby, there's more to say but I can do it from a computer so it's not so infuriating.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 04, 2015, 01:54:37 pm »

Apologies. Worst insomnia of my existence. I do not think Tiruin is lying, but neither am I certain Tiruin is not lying, purely because of the nature of the game (confirming things requires powers, which requires targeting masks, not people)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 04, 2015, 02:04:49 pm »

Shake:
Deus Asmoth:
That's got to be the weakest justification for a vote that I've seen so far. Why would I, as scum, be less careful with who I voted for or claimed to scumread than I would as town?
Why would you, as town, be less careful with who you voted for or claimed to scumread than you would as scum?  Maybe it's just me, but I think you should be careful regardless of alignment.  And your lack of care I find suspicious.
You're just trying to flip my point here without doing anything to refute it. If a player should be equally careful regardless of alignment, how does making a mistake=scum?
What's your opinion of Persus and Tiruin, since both of them have done less scumhunting than me?
I like how you're trying to shift attention off of you on to someone else.
I like how you're contiuing to ignore my point. You say I'm scummy for not scumhunting enough. I've pointed out that there are at least two other players in the same situation that you've ignored with little to no reason. Why are you giving Tiruin a free pass instead of asking her more questions to get a better feel for her play if you find it difficult to read her?

Someone immediately unvoting after getting besmirched would seem more likely to be scum to me.
I doubt scum would immediately unvote after get besmirched, unless it was right before end of day or someone was at L-1.  Having said that, pretend you're town for a second.  What are the odds you would be voting at day end if you had besmirched?[/quote]
How certain am I that the person I'm voting for is scum? How many people are still alive? How many people are voting for that person? What was the implication that I'm not town in that question supposed to do?

Persus, do you think players should defend each other from questioning? If so, don't you think that implies them knowing each other's alignment and having a reason to not want each other dead?

And why aren't you voting?

Mask, cannot confirm, I've been selling my changelings.

Hector: How certain are you about Tiruin's claim on a scale of one to ten?

Tiruin, if you're aboe to answer questions, would you be able to post a short form version of what you're planning to post?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 74