Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*  (Read 55296 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Dragon Fist is his only original move. He used it on Piccolo, remember?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Dragon Fist is his only original move. He used it on Piccolo, remember?
Oh yeah, I knew I forgot something.

But the problem with it is that
1) he didn't shout out the name of the move before using it (which is as we know mandatory for a proper move)
2) he didn't do it ever again (xcept in one movie)

and you can argue that it was just a punch amped up by all his energy put into one fist due to all his other appendages being broken and that it wasn't actually a move.
._.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile

Being nice to Vegeta is a move. He seriously wasn't expecting it.
It's a game. Have fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find it interesting that the only time Vegeta shows that he cares about Bulma at all... is in the "as of now" final movie.

Outside of that he "says" he cares.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

the "as of now" final movie.
"The latest movie" would sound better and be less confusing. "as of now" and "final" are kind of opposite in their meanings.
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

He showed some caring in Battle of Gods.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Wife gets slapped
>Far surpass SS3 Goku using normal Super Saiyan from resulting anger
>"some"

I like Xenoverse, despite its problems. I'd have to say my favourite move is Big Bang Attack considering its damage, tracking, its ability to do extra damage when used at close range, that it goes right through even a fully-charged Kamehameha, and that it can be used as a shield from those types of attacks plus normal ki blasts. I actually learned when fighting Vegeta that it interrupts people when they're firing ultimates (from him doing exactly that to me) which is what prompted me to get it.

Final Flash is underpowered. Seriously, that thing is narrower than the Perfect Kamehameha even though, canonically, it's the WIDEST attack in the entire franchise - even wider than all the death balls, even. (You can see it from space!)

I play a female Earthling, by the way.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which of course was a completely superfluous movie with an incredibly dumb plot with tons of convenience that hinged on stupidity.

Intentionally... mind you.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which of course was a completely superfluous movie with an incredibly dumb plot with tons of convenience that hinged on stupidity.

Intentionally... mind you.
Fight me IRL I'll teach you to say bad stuff about DBZ or Akira "Jesus" Toriyama.

But in all seriousness, I think it's a good movie to start off the reboot of the DB franchise. It wasn't very deep in plot but it introduced a cool character, had awesome action instead of just punching each-other rapidly a-la classic DBZ, hinted at a Super Saiyan God Vegeta (hell yeah!(don't spoil this if this actually happens)), and even had some character development for Goku.

The one thing I hated (not disliked, actually hated) was they made it so that Frieza only destroyed Vegeta because Beerus told him to, which drastically made Frieza a worse villain in retrospect, added nothing to the plot, and it makes him the actual target for Goku's avenging of the Saiyans. That attempt to increase his authority was just very unpleasant IMO.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I said intentionally Andres.

It was what Akira was going for.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I know, I was just joking. Didn't you find it weird how extreme I was being in defence of the movie? ;D

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Just bought Xenoverse on PC.
I'm Sentient Bowtie on Steam, and I'm going to run a female human, Matilda.
:P
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

i'm unoriginal as hell and thus name all of my characters based on words in sparking's conlangs

...calling that unoriginal might be a bit odd, now that I think about it

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Nice reference.
Anyway, I really want to get this game(amongst other things) and I would, if I thought there was any chance of it playing at anything other than 3-4 FPS on my dinky little laptop.
So yeah, consider this a PTW.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm Killer 110 on Steam. The name of my female Earthling is Pree, which is what I came up with when I decided to pick the first thing that came to mind after many, many minutes of thinking about it.

Pro-tip: Don't be afraid of levelling up Ki. Ki regeneration increases as your Ki stat increases, so getting that ATK bonus shouldn't be any harder than before. Also, if you're playing female, don't put any points into Strike Supers. You'll never use them.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 05:40:20 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29