Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*  (Read 55302 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about a timeline where Goku still has his tail when Vegeta creates the mini-moon and they have, like, a gorilla slap-fight?

Also: Bandai Namco, why must you make Parallel Quests where I have to fight seven people, usually three on one, and only allow me to use one of each battle item per battle?
Why, Bandai Namco?

Easier then programming a good AI

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about a timeline where Goku still has his tail when Vegeta creates the mini-moon and they have, like, a gorilla slap-fight?

Also: Bandai Namco, why must you make Parallel Quests where I have to fight seven people, usually three on one, and only allow me to use one of each battle item per battle?
Why, Bandai Namco?

Super Vegeta 2 Vegeta kicked my ass and it had only a little to do with the power boost. He didn't even have flinch-immunity! The AI was actually pretty good in that it got harder as the opponent got a better level. At some point, their ability to make progressively better AI failed and they resorted to giving flinch-immunity, though.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did it actually have good AI or did it have twitch skills?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It got a lot more aggressive and started using Supers in its combos.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I find whenever I have to fight super saiyan anything, they just spam supers to the point where I can't even test the AI. Looking at you, mission that makes you fight SS Goku, Gohan, and Goten all at once, solo until you manage to beat it the first time because reasons.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Why, Bandai Namco?

It's actually really easy to program in an AI for a fighting game that just leaves no chance to a player if he doesn't abuse some specific vulnerabilities. For an example of how it looks, MUGEN characters with proper AI. Even normal fighters like Ryu are nearly impossible to beat.
._.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find whenever I have to fight super saiyan anything, they just spam supers to the point where I can't even test the AI. Looking at you, mission that makes you fight SS Goku, Gohan, and Goten all at once, solo until you manage to beat it the first time because reasons.
That was kinda weird with me. On some PQs the Super Saiyans would spam supers and ultimates but on most they just fought normally.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Or while you're trying to combo one person of two, the other spams Ki blasts. Over and over.
And over.
Black lives matter.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or while you're trying to combo one person of two, the other spams Ki blasts. Over and over.
And over.
Grabs. They can't interrupt you when you succeed and it lets you focus on fewer people at once. Expect to do this several times, though. Also, don't be afraid to take peeps with you. The score bonuses you get just from performing better than them make up for the score penalty you get for bringing them along.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For whatever reason, you can't bring people with you when you're doing PQ's you get from people around Tokitoki, like the Cell Games on from Teen Gohan. Regular PQ's you also can't bring people on, but only rarely.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's actually really easy to program in an AI for a fighting game that just leaves no chance to a player if he doesn't abuse some specific vulnerabilities. For an example of how it looks, MUGEN characters with proper AI. Even normal fighters like Ryu are nearly impossible to beat.

That isn't what makes a good AI.

That reminds me a LOT about Soul Calibur 3 where the AI was flat out dreadful in that it was programmed to block certain attacks a certain amount of the time.

So playing the game on single player required you not to play so much well... as it did exploit the system by using moves that the AI was programmed not to intercept as much.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Well the other way of making a good AI (making it more human-like and learning and shit) to my knowledge hasn't been done by anyone at all. Maybe I will do it, somewhere in the future. Maybe I won't, because fuck fighting games :P
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

That's because it's really fucking hard

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

It depends on what you consider as "human-like", though. Language is hard, basic pattern recognition is not. And really, that's what people want the most out of "good AI" - basic pattern recognition.
._.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ha ha thanks xenoverse ai i totally wanted you to spam trunks' ninja jutsu "HYAAT" attack and demigra's stupid capture ball thing constantly
i didn't want to beat that time patrol the first time at all
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29