Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*  (Read 54834 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Demigra fight was pretty easy. Way easier than the fight preceding it. For being a Demon God, he sure was a big, uncoordinated, lumbering dope. I just pummeled, and dodged around behind him as he attacked, punched him some more in his back. I hit him so many times he actually guard broke and I kicked his butt around the crack of time. (Huehuehuehue) His normal form was about 3x as dangerous.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Demigra fight was pretty easy. Way easier than the fight preceding it. For being a Demon God, he sure was a big, uncoordinated, lumbering dope. I just pummeled, and dodged around behind him as he attacked, punched him some more in his back. I hit him so many times he actually guard broke and I kicked his butt around the crack of time. (Huehuehuehue) His normal form was about 3x as dangerous.

Admittedly, you did go through several fights against the normal form that didn't recover your health, but the final form fight is a one-shot thing.  I get the feeling that a fight against him in that form while keeping the unused items and health after the prior one would have been a different story.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Admittedly, you did go through several fights against the normal form that didn't recover your health, but the final form fight is a one-shot thing.  I get the feeling that a fight against him in that form while keeping the unused items and health after the prior one would have been a different story.

Maybe. I had him almost dead before I even hit low life. I probably could have either just pushed on through or restarted and played tighter.

Really it's Demigra's normal form with that ranged vortex thing that sucked so bad. He'd drop it on you in the middle of moves or trying to fight Dark Trunks. Final form was easy in comparison.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Final Form Demigra is: 1.Wait for Goku to arrive. 2. Win.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do find it a bit funny that Dragonball Z Xenoverse is like the opposite of many of the other DBZ games.

In them the way to get the bonus content is to break continuity and win earlier then expected often with nearly impossible odds.

In this game it is often by following continuity even when you clearly have the upper hand.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

3. Don't get the semi-cool secret ending. 4. Cry.
Black lives matter.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

3. Don't get the semi-cool secret ending. 4. Cry.
Secret ending? Are you talking about Broly?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It starts at about 2:12 here.
It's not very different from the original ending.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am a bit astonished it just makes you do a Kamehameha even if you never used that move once.

In many ways the Kamehameha kind of reminds me of Superman... In the sense that Superman is so strong that martial arts has pretty much become useless.

While Goku has become so strong that learning a new energy attack has become useless. Apparently that one move he learned as a kid was all he needed for his entire life :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone knows the only way to truly destroy your enemies is with a Kamehameha!
Frieza, Cell, Mira (I believe), Majin Buu (I also believe)... I think the only big baddy not destroyed with a Kamehameha in Z or Xenoverse was Raditz, but he doesn't deserve it anyway.
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Buu was ultimately destroyed with a Spirit Bomb, though, wasnt it?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frieza was definitely not killed by a Kamehameha.

Cell was killed by a "Father-Son Kamehameha" there is TOTALLY a difference (actually it is one of the silliest things in that YES it is considered its own move)

Majin Buu was not...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, Majin Buu I was wrong about. Whoops. :P
And technically the Father-Son is A Kamehameha, but not the Kamehameha.
And Frieza...
Quote from: Dragon Ball Wiki
Overcome with anger, Super Saiyan Goku fires an Angry Kamehameha that consumes both Frieza's attack and what remains of him in the process.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It sounds silly but in this case the Wiki is wrong.

Mostly because that didn't kill Frieza.

Also I never liked qualifying "Generic beams shot by goku" as a Kamehameha unless he actually does the movements... Which I can't tell if he does.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Dragon Ball Wiki, again
The Angry Kamehameha is a yellow-colored, one-handed version of the Kamehameha wave
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yellow and one-handed.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29