Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 805691 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4710 on: July 04, 2017, 11:09:04 am »

Sewing seems to be bugged at the moment. All crafting recipes require the thread to not be 'loaded' into the needle/kit to work.

Some chucklefuck changed crafting to not need loaded thread, then decided that making sewing not have to be loaded was another day's problem.

You know, do the easier option first? :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: July 05, 2017, 12:43:43 pm »

I have gone through an entire season now with two broken legs. I kept fighting and hauling to build the dopemobile to survive the winter however it really shouldnt take this long. I tried holing up for some days and see if they would heal on their own yet I haven't found enough books to keep myself occupied.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: July 05, 2017, 01:18:23 pm »

Have you used splints?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: July 05, 2017, 01:27:25 pm »

Have you used splints?
Yep, my encumbrance is at 79 right now one for each.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: July 07, 2017, 10:07:15 am »

So here's something that's been off for a while now. Sealed glass jars and aluminum/tin cans have boiling quality and can be used to boil water without disturbing their contents.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: July 07, 2017, 09:39:39 pm »

The progress from splints is reset if they're damaged. Stay away from danger.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: July 08, 2017, 10:31:27 am »

The progress from splints is reset if they're damaged. Stay away from danger.
Thats what I figured but its been hard to find something for my character to work on at the side as my world has a huge lack of books.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: July 11, 2017, 02:53:35 am »

Is there a mod that adjust zombie attention? I know that you can tweak their toughness and speed, but IŽd like to make them more like L4D zombies which don't mind you unless you are close or making noise. And preferably are docile during the day and more aggressive during the night.

Speaking of nights, is there a mod that changes the way visibility at nigh works? Like in that the nights aren't pitch dark, but you can make out things based on their size and proximity?

Thanks.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #4718 on: July 11, 2017, 10:27:05 pm »

Sounds like turning down the smell and hearing sensitivity settings would do the trick.
Kinda sounds like you might also want mostly blind zombies too if you expect to just walk past them at a relatively close range, in which case you'd want to turn down the vision settings too.

AFAIK, They don't follow you beyond the last time the saw, heard, or smelled you, but what can trick people up is the distance to which your smell can spread, and how long it lingers.

As far as where these settings actually are, I can't be of help, as it's been far too long since I've played :-/
They may just be in the world gen options, or you may have to poke around in the files... or possibly recompile after editing the source, but that'd be worst case, and I'm sure they've exposed those settings at one of the higher levels.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: July 15, 2017, 06:40:48 pm »

Are you supposed to be able to power up engines and motors by reinforcing them before you install them, or is this just a side effect of the engine damage mechanic?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: July 16, 2017, 08:50:10 am »

wat?

'power up'?

when you reinforce something you repair it and make it less likely to 'break down' in the future.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: July 16, 2017, 08:56:51 am »

I think the idea is that, because of how the engine's capability is determined by how damaged it is, when you reinforce the engine to increase its survivability you also incidentally increase its power output.
Nothing important here, move along.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: July 16, 2017, 06:02:04 pm »

Are you supposed to be able to power up engines and motors by reinforcing them before you install them, or is this just a side effect of the engine damage mechanic?

Well, reinforcing guns with the gunsmith repair kit means you 'accurize' them. I imagine reinforcing stuff amounts to optimising them, so reinforcing your engine is tuning it up as well as adding protection.
thincake

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: July 16, 2017, 06:14:26 pm »

Its a shame you cant reinforce them while installed though.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: July 18, 2017, 03:08:35 pm »

Its a shame you cant reinforce them while installed though.
That would make it completely free to upgrade your engines.

As an aside, since Tiger Kungfu is still broken, I've been trying to see how long I can keep a 5+ stack of buffs going as a minigame.

Edit: Was messing around with a debugged cvd machine to see what oddities could be cooked up (diamond scrap suits are a thing apparently). What happened to diamond coating piercing weapons? It still partially exists in the code and the Flagging references on GitHub still mention that it can be done but it seems that someone either forgot to finish it or it's still undecided if they actually want it in the game or not.

Edit 2: Painkillers for CBM installation seems pretty controversial. Maybe a change to the first aid skill, similar to the survival skill and mushrooms, to let you know how much of a drug is a safe dosage would be be useful. Or at least how much of a dose will definitely kill you. Pretty much the same thing, really.

Edit 3: What's wrong with barns? All the farms I've found have barns with no interior whatsoever, it's just grass and dirt like the ground outside. Did someone think it was an animal pen and "fix" it like whoever tried to "fix" the Keltec KSG by making the gun have a volume of 1.76?

Edit 4: Actually, I said something about this before while complaining about the KSG's OCD inducing "fix", but what IS the point of the accessory slot on revolvers? The casings are automatically put into your inventory when you reload, not that you can actually put a brass catcher on revolvers anyways. Putting a shoulder strap on it isn't possible because it's a pistol and the remaining accessories are the bow stabilizer and arrow rest which are also incompatible for the same reasons as the shoulder strap.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:57:08 am by duckman »
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 451