Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 800044 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #885 on: April 26, 2015, 03:51:16 am »

What? Black pudding is blood.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 26, 2015, 04:34:40 am »

It's also a type of sausage, if you wrap it in an intestine. Saying 'black pudding is blood' is like saying 'bread is flour'. It's true, but there's more to it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 26, 2015, 04:50:39 am »

Haggis is really just a big chunky sausage, with the same look, texture, odor and taste. The difference is that you know what haggis is made of.

I challenge your assertion! I have no clue what's in haggis (except traditional haggis which is AFAIK just a stomach with the ends sewn up and cooked) but I damn well know what's in my sausages. At least, I do when I can find my recipie book.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 26, 2015, 04:58:06 am »

Ok, looking it up, it seems that the issue is on my end, I though Black Pudding was a generic name for sausages made of blood, while it seems to refer to a Nordic/English variant that do contain a lot of oatmeal, unlike the blood sausages we have here which are mostly blood, onions and some pork meat.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #889 on: April 26, 2015, 07:32:25 am »

In my defense, there are many sausages I don't like either. Not all, but probably most.
Includes true blood sausages. The extra high iron/hemoglobin content really turns me off the taste.

I'm finding out (via shitty water supply system for my rental) that rusty pipes make for water that can make me throw up on taste/smell too, so there's that.
It's kinda depressing since I've rarely ever had a problem with plain old water from the tap.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 26, 2015, 09:24:22 am »

I'm finding out (via shitty water supply system for my rental) that rusty pipes make for water that can make me throw up on taste/smell too, so there's that.
It's kinda depressing since I've rarely ever had a problem with plain old water from the tap.

You probably shouldn't be drinking water from rusty pipes. And not just because of the taste.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #891 on: April 26, 2015, 09:51:33 am »

Indeed. Invested in a filter system (first time ever). Doesn't help when showering or brushing teeth or washing dishes though. :-/

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 26, 2015, 10:28:31 am »

Gallon jugs of water are your friend. I personally recommend distilled, since it's about as pure and inert as water can get. It should be pretty cheap, too, less than a dollar a gallon. It's obviously more expensive than using your home water supply, but it's still a good deal usually.
Nothing important here, move along.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 26, 2015, 10:40:02 am »

Report the property owner to the city. If your city/state/country have lax laws then there's nothing you can do except move somewhere else.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #894 on: April 26, 2015, 10:54:36 am »

Filter system works fine, and cheaper than gallon jugs (even before including the gas to refill/acquire such).
Code enforcement has heard many other problems from me within the last week, and there's at least a 7 day grace period before they can take actions. The rusty water is probably the least of my concerns since it's already been worked around. Showers and washing dishes are unpleasant, but tolerable.

Thankfully, this place only has 5 months to go, and that I only had to do a 6 month lease.
Thanks for the advice though.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 26, 2015, 12:00:50 pm »

Anybody ever have any sort of success with the mall cop scenario? It seems like the only way to actually live to me is to have 3 in dodging and driving and then book it to the parking lot and hope there's something quick with the keys in it and some fuel... Also I'm getting mapload errors in 0.C that have been deleting all of my supplies from my houses. Any idea why/ how I would stop that?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 26, 2015, 12:04:46 pm »

The only mapload errors I've seen are when entering new underground areas(basements, etc), and those usually stop on return trips.

I found an abandoned storefront with a lava chasm running through the back wall. I guess that's why it was abandoned. Unless it's Dwarf Fortress, a lava channel running through you store can't be good for business.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 26, 2015, 12:07:16 pm »

Anybody ever have any sort of success with the mall cop scenario? It seems like the only way to actually live to me is to have 3 in dodging and driving and then book it to the parking lot and hope there's something quick with the keys in it and some fuel... Also I'm getting mapload errors in 0.C that have been deleting all of my supplies from my houses. Any idea why/ how I would stop that?

I haven't tried in the recent versions but I had a successful mall cop start a while ago. You're right that you have to escape pretty much immediately, too many zombies to survive early on. I managed to escape on foot simply by booking it out one of those iron doors you start by. Luckily most zombies in malls are normals so you hopefully won't see anything that can outrun you. Taking fleet footed would probably be a good idea.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 26, 2015, 01:35:05 pm »

Pro-tip: Don't kill zombie grenadiers in close combat.

RIP Whatever your name was.

After two more deaths: try to kill 'em from as far away as possible (ok, the last one was an elite version).

Damn, I was a bionic officers starting in a house with an infection, found a FN P90 an ammo in a basement, managed to kill a hulk, then died several squares away from the elite grenadier. And someone thought bio operators were bad.

Do the grenadiers have an unlimited amount of drones?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:15:08 pm by Rince Wind »

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 26, 2015, 07:39:25 pm »

No, the drones are limited, so if you can manage to repeatedly provoke them and then not get hurt you can run them out of ammo.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 451