Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 802997 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2370 on: October 04, 2015, 10:37:55 am »

Didn't matter, add "Shocker Brutes" to the list of things that are bullshit instant death now.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: October 04, 2015, 10:58:41 am »

Didn't matter, add "Shocker Brutes" to the list of things that are bullshit instant death now.
They really aren't. Just find a window, hide from it until it moves into the frame, then beat with cudgel. Ideally find one of the several armors that protects against electric attacks, but not required. They're certainly harder then regular brutes, but still doable. Something of a weak mix between hulks and tank drones.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: October 04, 2015, 11:03:18 am »

I was playing a quick black belt and got instagibbed in full armor. His first attack threw me about ten tiles. FUCK. THAT.

Indeed, I do this.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: October 04, 2015, 11:20:08 am »

Shocker brutes have a speed of 110. They can be outrun, kited with ranged weapons, lead into environmental hazards...or just outrun. Remember, a coward is still an alive coward.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: October 04, 2015, 12:07:46 pm »

Well, there is your problem. Fists conduct electricity, which paralyzes you when striking Shocker types. Pointy Sticks, Cudgels, or other wood or range based armaments are ideal for them, even if you use fists for everything else. Fortunately for your next character, black belts start with 8 melee, which means they're already pretty good with a cudgel. I THINK the latest experimentals make knife spears non conductive, and they have a ranged attack.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: October 04, 2015, 05:06:09 pm »

On the other hand, a turn 20 hulk or shocker brute is basically a death sentence during fire/bad day starts, reducing the scenario into a gameshow. This, however, has more to do with the scenarios themselves, all no thanks to the ridiculously crippling noise of the house crashing down.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: October 04, 2015, 05:10:00 pm »

I was playing a quick black belt and got instagibbed in full armor. His first attack threw me about ten tiles. FUCK. THAT.

Yeah if you aren't careful brutes can easily instakill you by throwing you through a wall.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: October 04, 2015, 05:31:58 pm »

so that one robo-cop profession starts with something like a "cyber shield"
when are we gonna get craftable ones?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: October 04, 2015, 05:44:58 pm »

Wow I am having the SHITTIEST luck with starts. Newest game as a historical reenactor my evac shelter is apparently right next to a blob spawning ground or something, even though that's not shown on the map in any way whatsoever. Not only that, but the town nearby is filled with giant wasps for some reason.

And then tremorsworms attacked the wasps, so the outskirts now look like a fucking warzone. Burnt down two forest tiles next to the shelter to get rid of a spiderweb and then blobs, but the blobs keep coming, so the shelter ALSO looks like a fucking warzone.

I spawned in the middle of bugwars. WTF GAME?

Indeed, I do this.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: October 04, 2015, 07:07:33 pm »

Wow I've been so out of touch this year I just now noticed there's a new thread for this game
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: October 04, 2015, 11:33:28 pm »

Wow I am having the SHITTIEST luck with starts. Newest game as a historical reenactor my evac shelter is apparently right next to a blob spawning ground or something, even though that's not shown on the map in any way whatsoever. Not only that, but the town nearby is filled with giant wasps for some reason.

And then tremorsworms attacked the wasps, so the outskirts now look like a fucking warzone. Burnt down two forest tiles next to the shelter to get rid of a spiderweb and then blobs, but the blobs keep coming, so the shelter ALSO looks like a fucking warzone.

Sounds normal. Wasp towns happen.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: October 04, 2015, 11:36:25 pm »

so that one robo-cop profession starts with something like a "cyber shield"
when are we gonna get craftable ones?
It's basically a police badge in the shape of a shield. No actual shield :ap
thincake

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: October 05, 2015, 01:07:51 am »

I would recommend relocating about 25 map tiles to a direction of your choice.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: October 05, 2015, 01:43:04 am »

Buckshot refers to the general size of the target these are effective against.
trivia: The point where it turns from "birdshot" to "buckshot" is when "you have to stack them in a certain pattern to make them fit instead of just pouring them in the shell".
The More You Know♒★
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: October 06, 2015, 07:37:50 am »

Buckshot refers to the general size of the target these are effective against.
trivia: The point where it turns from "birdshot" to "buckshot" is when "you have to stack them in a certain pattern to make them fit instead of just pouring them in the shell".
The More You Know♒★

So a given size of shot can be birdshot in a 12-gauge shotgun and buckshot in a 20-gauge shotgun? This make exactly zero sense.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 451