Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 214548 times)

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #1290 on: November 23, 2015, 11:59:08 am »

man compare how long the other 2 games were to this one
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 23, 2015, 07:43:54 pm »

man compare how long the other 2 games were to this one
Now imagine how long the next one's going to take... If these slowpokes don't take their actions by Wednesday I'm moving the turn forward without them

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 23, 2015, 07:45:17 pm »

((Maybe you should just do it now... but that's just my opinion.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 23, 2015, 07:47:01 pm »

((Maybe you should just do it now... but that's just my opinion.))
Maybe, but I'm feeling lazy right now

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 26, 2015, 03:20:02 pm »

Death: TW has thrown the gauntlet! Strike back with glorious fervor!
[5] He points at TW's cult and makes a thumbs down gesture. Skeletal arms spring from the dry, dusty earth, dragging the poor souls into the underworld to hang out with their dead matron saint. (-130 cultists)
War: Start a riot among the disorganized rabble of Rosabel's cult
[4] The mad cultists are driven into a fervor, and their more well behaved bretheren have to fight them off. The riot will likely continue until quelled. (riot started in Rosabel's cult, -200 mad cultists, -200 other cultists)
Pestilence: Deliver the poor souls in Rosabel's cult from the impending apocalypse
[1] In response to the offer, they show him the business end of their guns. (Pestilence now moderately wounded)

End of Turn Too Slow, You Lazy Bastards!
score:
Unescargot (DEAD): summoned, getting old, released, has pissed off Death
-cultists: regrets
-Items: veteran memoirs, charm of tunneling ((buried in the gut of an invisible monster)), Anthaju's flesh
-Inquisitors: 40 lightly armed inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings, inquisitors activated and attacking Puff puff.
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows self banishing ritual,  very bad PR, knows power swap ritual, knows yoga, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows ritual of temporary possession {req host and possessor horror, charm of channeling}, knows ritual of Create Reaper {req Anthaju's flesh}
--Puff Puff (GONE): banished to the 5432545th dimension, plush toy that looks just like him, disliked by Rabe's cult

Tavern wench (DEAD): summoned, sunburn [+1 to damage taken], released
-cultists: Caught a bad case of death
-Items: base in the barren desert (breached), has mercury, access to Orb of Stability 1, [3] turns worth of food, 50 captured inquisitors
-Inquisitors: 25 well trained inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, have [5] turns worth of food, Inquisitors activated, occupied for 1 turn
-Other: well known, bad PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made, knows stability summoning {req mercury, consumes orb of stability, can sub Dragon blood [causes injury]}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, has killed Famine
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population
--"Wine and beer with Tavern Wench" talk show: mid range ratings, technical difficulties [1]
--Bakery: existence
-+"Booze: the magic poison" talk show: mid range ratings
-+Soup R Us:

TROG (DEAD): summoned, vanished into the abyss
-cultists:
-Problems: despised by humanity
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 124 mummies
--KONG(moderately wounded): hallucinating, berserk

Anthaju(DEAD): summoned, resting in peace
-cultists: 45 cultists, 15 reapers
-Items: has a flooded pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has money, prepared self banishment ritual, has metal, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 3 strong mummy inquisitors, 20 inquisitorial reapers, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows self banishing ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion, bad PR

Koshu (lightly injured): Summoned, Has given up on personal ambitions for Earth, has a headache (doesn't really do anything)
-Cultists: 15 well trained astronauts on the MOON!
-Items: has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes, watch mirrors set up, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 10 moon monsters
-Other: loved by humanity, satellite launched, community improved, knows "cascade" ritual,

Rabe (DEAD): summoned, can drown people and detect beards/alcohol, paranoid, afraid of water, afraid of ghosts, slightly depressed, second in command of CARP's cult, is Koshu's spirit animal (and can command him easily)
-Goal: Create a civilization that has harnessed the sun and made off-planet colonies, create a Miskatonic university that doesn't get blown up (and ideally accomplishes its goals of understanding the eldritch)
-Cultists: 370 cultists, 165 armored cultists, 33 well trained armored armed cultists, 50 trained armed armored cultists, 2 fit armored armed cultists, 10 well trained astronauts, 10 recognizable armored cultists, 150 ghost friends, immunized against plague, chaos has broken out
-Items: has sturdy base with defenses (20 gun turrets), knows location of Lunar Orb of Stalwart, has dragon blood, has grand training center, has hidden bunker, has dragon blood, space suits, hazmat suits, roughshod rocket safety equipment, space rocket {req fuel}, partially gathered more dragon blood, has [2] turns of food, has access to nukes, has medicine
-Inquisitors:15 armored inquisitors, have gasoline
-Other: posters put up, campaign for president started, very bad PR,  requested Koshu's permission to summon him, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, aware of power store ritual, knows power swap ritual {no cost}, can access Alterworld via giant robot
-Achievements: destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, founded Miskatonic University, created Kitten Industries, shamed by cookie-Cthulhu, discovered Alterworld
--Kitten Industries: 261 armored cultists, 50 tired armored cultists 15 recognizable armored cultists, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones), has materials for starfruit jelly, covered in enhance poison wards, created builder bees
--Goshu (heavily injured): Ordered to attack Koshu, relationship with Rabe weaker

DF CARP (DEAD): rather calm, thinks TROG is carp, ageless and better with psychic power, regained swimming power and control of carp, temporarily allied with TTU, trapped in an oven in the land of Myth, smells delicious
-goal: CARP LIFE
-Cultists: 10 brave plagued cultists (on submarines), 10 brave plagued english cultists (on submarines), 10 plagued cultists, magic dragoncorn mount, 5 burned trolls (myth)
-Items: a bunch of motorized submarines working properly, a shallow ditch, whiskey, cashews, bread, aboveground pool, located unobtainable nukes
-Inquisitors: 90 inquisitors, inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5, 15 zombies (active)
-Accomplishments: has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of), destroyed the focus stone, found portal to world of Fables, found green portal, summoned the horsemen
-Other: CARP LIFE 4 EVAR, going crazy, horrible PR, campaigning for mayor of Tijuana and doing very badly
-Rituals: knows rain dance {req 50 cultists}, knows ritual of sunshine {req whiskey and light}, knows summon to europa {req fruit [fresh], bread, cashews, consumes English cultists}, knows summon horsemen ritual {consumes 7 seals}
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2
++War(lightly injured):
++Death(lightly injured): stalled for [2] turns, +1 power, can't harm the undead
++Pestilence(moderately injured): Smells funny
++Famine(DEAD): corpse is near TW's cult

Rosabel (DEAD): summoned, has seal rift ability, read self help book, has a migraine, targeted by War, knows Brandishing spell, ascended
Cultists: 185 well trained armed cultists, 60 well trained cultists, 100 well trained horrific armed cultists, 43 well trained heavily armed cultists, 276 armed mad cultists, 25 well trained assassin cultists, morale really high, immunized against zombification, RIOT!
Items: has dragon blood, has gold block, has dynamite, has tallow candles, has brutal defenses, has surgical tools and first aid kits, [8] turns worth of food, [2] servings of healing blood, saws and needles
Inquisitors: discredited, 500 inquisitors, 80 trained inquisitors, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2, know ritual of warming {req whiskey}, have [2] turns worth of food, have [1] serving of healing blood, inquisitors active
Rituals:knows gold summoning ritual {req gold block, dragonblood, tallow candles, causes weakness}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows circle of healing ritual {req cultists, wine, and candles}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows hold rift ritual {consumes solid material}, aware of False death ritual, knows ritual of imbibed blood {req cultist, consumes healing blood}
Other: very good PR, community improved, excellent PR, has zombie vaccine, buried the dead again, knows how to hide horrific appearances, publicly known, locals immune to plague/zombification, can change monstrous cultists to merely horrific cultists, aware of ability to make chosen from healing blood
Temporary: 50 civilians, 50 plagued civilians

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible, everyone is on psi-net, Lunar Orb of Stalwart has a carp in it, Rift stabilized at [9] turns, has rained in California

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 26, 2015, 04:05:02 pm »

Unescargot: haunt Koshu! With butterflies! Electric ones!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 26, 2015, 09:41:00 pm »

Unescargot: haunt Koshu! With butterflies! Electric ones!
[1] You send an annoying bunch of ghost butterflies as a fake birthday gift after Koshu, knowing it is helpless to their pestering since it can't hurt the dead. Of course, you accidentally wrote the contract wrong and sent the electric butterflies after yourself, signed with a forged signature of Koshu. Curse you "Koshu"! (Butterfly-a-gram sent to Unescargot)

C!D   C1D   CID
bzzzzzzz
     V            V
(H>I<H) (H>I<H)
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
((I'm really bad at drawing ASCII butterflies...))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 27, 2015, 08:33:11 am »

I think you should just put a end to it. enough haunting stuff. people are waiting, FFS.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 27, 2015, 10:36:03 am »

I think you should just put a end to it. enough haunting stuff. people are waiting, FFS.
Since it seems like the players are starting to lose interest I may well call it, but I still want to give a few days in case they're just busy. I know I got a complaint earlier this game that the last game was called too early because of the waitlist filling up, so I'm trying to play on the safe side.

At any rate, with death now in the mix the game probably won't last for more than two turns :P

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 27, 2015, 11:43:16 am »

Cult: Disperse. Do your duty elsewhere. And make sure that blood doesn't end up with the wrong people.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: November 27, 2015, 01:20:03 pm »

Cult: Disperse. Do your duty elsewhere. And make sure that blood doesn't end up with the wrong people.
Flee: [no roll] They abandon your flag and run off into the wilds, calling in the local asylums to take the madmen away. Just in time for the end of the world. (cult gone)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 29, 2015, 05:57:16 pm »

*taps foot impatiently*
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 30, 2015, 04:36:57 pm »

i want to make my cult do the same thing every turn
1 3rd of cultists: recruit
1 3rd of cultists: attain submarine parts
1 3rd of cultists: builf more submariones
GOAL build an epic submarine armada once we gain say 10 submarines combine them into a mother sub then for every 5 submarines gained put one into the mother sub.
and remember cult only surface when absolutley necessary you can eat sea grass and fish drink desalinated ocean water and use the longest pipes you can to get air.

remember the end isn't "nigh" the end is now if the carp cult is to survive we must thrive in the underwater down here nukes eruptions they cant get us we will live past the end.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:43:14 pm by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 30, 2015, 10:48:25 pm »

*taps foot impatiently*
If rabe doesn't post in a day or two I'm gonna assume they'll redo their last turn since it's the last *important* set of actions...
i want to make my cult do the same thing every turn
1 3rd of cultists: recruit
1 3rd of cultists: attain submarine parts
1 3rd of cultists: builf more submariones
GOAL build an epic submarine armada once we gain say 10 submarines combine them into a mother sub then for every 5 submarines gained put one into the mother sub.
and remember cult only surface when absolutley necessary you can eat sea grass and fish drink desalinated ocean water and use the longest pipes you can to get air.

remember the end isn't "nigh" the end is now if the carp cult is to survive we must thrive in the underwater down here nukes eruptions they cant get us we will live past the end.

Not like that will matter since you didn't even try to get rid of the plague...
Recruit: [irrelevant] They can't recruit anyone to begin with because War is making angry faces at them. Even the merpeople are in havoc because of him.
Sub parts: [5] Since you've forbidden surfacing, they craft some very nice submarine parts from sea salt and rocks at the bottom of shallower seas. (Fine submarine parts acquired)
Build submarines: [6] They craft a dozen super submarines from the parts their compatriots made, but their labor accelerates their disease giving them an extra turn... As zombies... Which isn't great given that everyone is locked underwater in submarines... (Super submarines made, 10 plagued cultists become zombies)

Plague: turn to zombyism
[6] The other cultists get turned into Uber-zombies with bonus infectivity. However, they are also rotting and won't last long if they aren't kept in a cool, dry environment. (20 cultists become rotters [3])

Zombies: Eat your friends
[2] Even the undead are repulsed by the taste of those decayed bastards.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: December 02, 2015, 06:02:11 pm »

Me: Attempt to become Koshu's spirit animal.
Rest: attempt to blow death the horsemen up with nukes.

Commune: [2] Your psychic voice doesn't transfer that well into his head, apparently your conscience can't quite overtake Koshu's body.
LAST CHANCE DESTROY: [1] They accidentally blow themselves up trying to arm the nukes. Seems they were right to be hesitant, nukes are super dangerous. There's not much left of anything. (cult destroyed, base destroyed, all items destroyed)

Death: Wipe up the rest
[2] He decides not to annihilate the few cultists left running around this gods-forsaken land. Those that challenged them have been dealt with, let the rest worship their false gods if they deem it so.
War: Take your brothers and go home
[6] He looks around for Famine and realizes he's too late to bring everyone home safe. He ascends the rest of the horsemen to make sure they all stay together. (all horsemen dead)
Pestilence: wipe up your mess
[3] He can't un-plague people unfortunately, but he can stop spraying that infectious ooze everywhere. He does so, partially because he just got dragged into the underworld by his brother War.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 121